Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I HAVE JUST HEARD..............

Sat May 07, 2011 7:58 am

That there is a REPLICA league trophy waiting down at Carrow Rd JUST INCASE qpr are docked points before the final whistle at Loftus Rd today.

Its been kept quiet as the tribunal quests heads into the weekend.....

Dont shoot the messenger! :ayatollah:

QPR can lift Championship trophy but may yet have to hand it back

Neil Warnock has urged QPR fans to celebrate promotion despite the state of uncertainty at Loftus Road.

QPR will raise aloft the Championship trophy at Loftus Road on Saturday despite the possibility they could yet be forced to surrender it if an independent tribunal into transfer irregularities docks them points.

The Football League, left in a difficult position by the Football Association tribunal considering seven charges against the club over alleged breaches of third-party ownership rules, said on Friday that it would proceed with plans to award QPR the trophy. The hearing will continue over the weekend and now looks likely to go into next week. If there is no decision before the end of QPR's home match with Leeds United, they will be presented with the trophy by the Football League's chairman, Greg Clarke, at the final whistle.

"The Football League can confirm that it intends to present the npower Championship trophy to Queens Park Rangers at the conclusion of tomorrow's fixture with Leeds United, in line with custom and practice," a statement said. "This decision will only be reviewed if the verdict of the ongoing FA tribunal affects standings in the Championship table before that time."

QPR face the possibility of a fine or a points penalty over the seven charges relating to the transfer of Alejandro Faurlín from the Argentinian club Instituto Córdoba in July 2009. They are alleged to have breached rules introduced by the FA in the same month that forbid third parties retaining a stake in any registered player. The club deny all seven charges, five relating to the club and two to the conduct of their chairman, Gianni Paladini.

If the club are found guilty, they will have 14 days in which to consider an appeal. But the Football League has indicated it will press ahead with the play-offs as planned, regardless of the outcome of the tribunal. It is not even clear whether any points penalty would apply to this season's total, potentially pushing QPR into the play-offs, or from the beginning of next season. There are precedents for both, and both options are believed to be open to the tribunal.

Neil Warnock, the QPR manager, has expressed confidence that his team will still go up and urged fans to celebrate promotion despite the ongoing uncertainty. "I love Loftus Road and I want the fans to enjoy the party on Saturday," he said. "The atmosphere at our ground is unlike anything else. It's a unique stadium – that's what makes it so special."

[guardian Sport]

Re: I HAVE JUST HEARD..............

Sat May 07, 2011 8:09 am

Merlin wrote:That there is a REPLICA league trophy waiting down at Carrow Rd JUST INCASE qpr are docked points before the final whistle at Loftus Rd today.

We should all bear in mind the words of Solomon the Son Of David, King of Israel;

THE LORD GIVETH BUT THE LORD ALSO TAKETH AWAY. ;) ;)

Sat May 07, 2011 8:13 am

castleblue wrote:
Merlin wrote:That there is a REPLICA league trophy waiting down at Carrow Rd JUST INCASE qpr are docked points before the final whistle at Loftus Rd today.

We should all bear in mind the words of Solomon the Son Of David, King of Israel;

Quality

Sat May 07, 2011 8:34 am

QPR site are saying a decision could happen before or during game today. :ayatollah:

Sat May 07, 2011 8:35 am

birchblue wrote:QPR site are saying a decision could happen before or during game today. :ayatollah:

During the friggin; game????

Someone needs to tell the FA they are NOT scripting a fackin' hollywood script.

Sat May 07, 2011 8:44 am

I can assure you that they will not be docked points,not even 1,and will be presented with the trophy today,and richly deserved may i add.

You messed it up as usual and you'll mess it up again in the playoffs.It's what your club does.

Bottles it everytime 8-)

Sat May 07, 2011 8:46 am

blackswan wrote:I can assure you that they will not be docked points,not even 1,and will be presented with the trophy today,and richly deserved may i add.

You messed it up as usual and you'll mess it up again in the playoffs.It's what your club does.

Bottles it everytime 8-)

whatever happens mate we will be successful in the playoffs!! and we will go up this year, now do me a favour and wind your neck in!!

Sat May 07, 2011 8:47 am

blackswan wrote:I can assure you that they will not be docked points,not even 1,and will be presented with the trophy today,and richly deserved may i add.

Bottles it everytime 8-)

And of course your club has such an illustrious history of achievements :roll:

Sat May 07, 2011 8:54 am

dorsetblue wrote:

Bottles it everytime 8-)

And of course your club has such an illustrious history of achievements :roll:

best achievement of all is getting an average crowd this season of around 15,000!!! :roll:

Sat May 07, 2011 8:59 am

You seriously think you'll win the playoffs with Jones in charge? :lol:

You've bottled it each and everytime,whether it be playoff finals,fa cup finals or automatic promotion matches i.e the Boro game.

You bottle it every single time and you will again.Yopu all know this but obviously won't admit it to a Jack :D .

It's ok though,i understand :lol: :mrgreen:

Sat May 07, 2011 9:04 am

blackswan wrote:You seriously think you'll win the playoffs with Jones in charge? :lol:

You've bottled it each and everytime,whether it be playoff finals,fa cup finals or automatic promotion matches i.e the Boro game.

You bottle it every single time and you will again.Yopu all know this but obviously won't admit it to a Jack :D .

i think its an achievement to have done what we have done to be honest!! what are you achievements buddy!!

Sat May 07, 2011 9:04 am

blackswan wrote:You seriously think you'll win the playoffs with Jones in charge? :lol:

I'm so glad you typed this. ;)

Thank you. :D

Sat May 07, 2011 9:11 am

brewer918 wrote:

i think its an achievement to have done what we have done to be honest!! what are you achievements buddy!!

You havent achieved anything though.thats my point :lol: When you've won promotion or a cup then it's called an achievment :D

There's always next season though under a different manager.

Sat May 07, 2011 9:14 am

blackswan wrote:
brewer918 wrote:

You havent achieved anything though.thats my point :lol: When you've won promotion or a cup then it's called an achievment :D

You have finished below us for the last seventeen seasons. NOW THATS AN ACHIEVEMENT. Well done. :D

Sat May 07, 2011 9:17 am

castleblue wrote:

It was actually Job

Sat May 07, 2011 9:32 am

Uncle Fester wrote:
blackswan wrote:
brewer918 wrote:

You have finished below us for the last seventeen seasons. NOW THATS AN ACHIEVEMENT. Well done. :D

He won't reply to that - It's one of the FACTS that they wish was a fairy tale, but in all honesty - When have Swansea EVER been a better and more successful side that us mighty bluebirds? They have a pretty lack lustre history with no great achievements? Well, nothing compared to ours anyway!

At least we get to bottle big time games, your lot are still bottling Championship away matches you deluded fool! :lol:

Sat May 07, 2011 9:39 am

Deluded to a man.

We've actually been in the top flight in recent history,albeit 30 yrs ago :D Now that's an achievment.

Now,this cup final you reached..........and lost :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your all petrified that we'll get to the PL before you 8-)

Sat May 07, 2011 9:46 am

blackswan wrote:Deluded to a man.

We've actually been in the top flight in recent history,albeit 30 yrs ago :D Now that's an achievment.

Now,this cup final you reached..........and lost :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your all petrified that we'll get to the PL before you 8-)

You had your Cup final in the Liberty in April - and Mr Bellamy scored the CCFC award for goal of the season there! Thats about as close to any cup final you'll ever come to. ;)

Sat May 07, 2011 10:02 am

blackswan wrote:We've actually been in the top flight in recent history,albeit 30 yrs ago :D Now that's an achievment.

Managed by somebody from... Cardiff.

Game, set, match.

Incidentally, care to comment on Rodgers interview where he claims if you did go up automatically, it'll be fully deserved? Pot, kettle, black?

Sat May 07, 2011 10:06 am

nerd wrote:
blackswan wrote:We've actually been in the top flight in recent history,albeit 30 yrs ago :D Now that's an achievment.

Managed by somebody from... Cardiff.

Game, set, match.

Incidentally, care to comment on Rodgers interview where he claims if you did go up automatically, it'll be fully deserved? Pot, kettle, black?

I wouldnt even bother getting into a playground squabble with this idiot, he's like a bad rash..... just ignore him and eventually he might go and spend some time on his own forum instead of his obsession with this one.