Fri May 06, 2011 9:15 pm

own up how many old bastards on this board were there on that mad day

i was :ayatollah: :old:

ole ole ole ole ole you never bad a city fan
the blues are going up
if you like alot of fighting and your football join or club

Re: burnley 88

Fri May 06, 2011 9:20 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:own up how many old bastards on this board were there on that mad day

the blues are going up

Me. Hell of a day. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 9:20 pm

i own up :ayatollah:

mad days for sure :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 9:25 pm

frankie burrows middle aged army
frankieburrows middle aged army
:old: :old: :old: :old:

Fri May 06, 2011 9:26 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:own up how many old bastards on this board were there on that mad day

the blues are going up

ME :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 9:30 pm

We had a mad 50 seater national welsh bus for the weekend packed with rhondda fach's finest....driving through burnley before the game ,there must have been a dozen or soo loonys on top of the bus jumping up and down singing bloooooooobirds..... :lol: :lol: ...aftr the final whistle it was then straight to blackpool and the tower lounge for fun and games.. :lol:

Fri May 06, 2011 9:32 pm

Anyone got any pics or links?

Fri May 06, 2011 9:37 pm

me too - someone posted pics a short while ago

Fri May 06, 2011 9:39 pm

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:Anyone got any pics or links?

Guff and Dave Sugarman have some quality photos from that day. I'd just turned 16 a few days before. Amazing trip. Even though there were 4,000 City, Burnley as usual took part in the fun&games. It was a week before they took 35,000 to Wembley for the Leyland Daf final v Wolves so they had a big turnout on the day. Great memories

Fri May 06, 2011 9:58 pm

it was friday night in blackpool for us and train to burnley sat morning.train was rammed full of city.good old crazy days.

Fri May 06, 2011 10:17 pm

me and a few m8s in the burnley stand what a goal by alan curtis as i remember anyone got a link to that goal bloobirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 10:31 pm

I drove up in my car that day it was an maestro,with my two little boys at the the time ,now my two sons are there tomorrow with their family tomorrow what a legacy I gave them, a family that supports the city together stays together :D :D :D :D :D

Sat May 07, 2011 7:23 am

Ah, a great day, went up with Ader Glas, a late winner and 2 pitch invasions by Burnley, simpler times...

Sat May 07, 2011 8:13 am

I was standing on the fence singing "Going Up Going Up Going Up" turned round to the masses and my knee cap joined me in turning round to the back of my leg. St Johns took 10 mins to get me off the fence and off on a stretcher to Burnley General just as Alan Curtis (?) scored for us. Ended up in a bed next a neanderthal from Burnley who had been glassed allegedly by a transit van of City fans. He was trying to get out of his bed to kill me. Had to borrow 10p to phone my dad who then drove up to collect me on the Sunday. I'd left my Sony tape walkman with graphic equaliser and FM radio on the CCSC bus and some fecker never handed it. A mad mad day :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: