Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ANNOUNCEMENT TO BE MADE BEFORE GAME TOMORROW

Fri May 06, 2011 8:51 pm

There are rumours abound that a decision could be announced prior to kick off tomorrow.

These are so far unsubstantiated rumours but Paul Smith (Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/Smudge1962 ) says they are nevertheless reliable sources.

You never know we could be going up tomorrow :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT TO BE MADE BEFORE GAME TOMORROW

Fri May 06, 2011 8:53 pm

carlccfc wrote:There are rumours abound that a decision could be announced prior to kick off tomorrow.

These are so far unsubstantiated rumours but Paul Smith (Twitter) says they are nevertheless reliable sources.

yep, they will get away with a heavy fine and we can focus on beating burnley and winning the play offs :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 8:54 pm

milly44 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:There are rumours abound that a decision could be announced prior to kick off tomorrow.

These are so far unsubstantiated rumours but Paul Smith (Twitter) says they are nevertheless reliable sources.

yep, they will get away with a heavy fine and we can focus on beating burnley and winning the play offs :ayatollah:

Did I not tell you 10 mins ago I think a decision will come tomorrow morning :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 8:55 pm

you did carl, but i told you they would only get a fine ;) :D

Fri May 06, 2011 8:55 pm

All this should have been sorted out Months ago :roll:

Never known a season when fans have gone to a game,and don't know what their team are playing for :roll:

Fri May 06, 2011 9:02 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:All this should have been sorted out Months ago :roll:

Never known a season when fans have gone to a game,and don't know what their team are playing for :roll:

Tony, its well out of order in my opinion :evil:

Fri May 06, 2011 9:05 pm

Chief he reckons they are going to get off insufficient evidence :o

Fri May 06, 2011 9:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

The whole thing has turned into a total farce.

Can you imagine the effect on the players finding out an hour or so before.

This has made a joke of the end of the season .

Fri May 06, 2011 9:07 pm

But they have already pleaded Guilty to 2 of the charges and its been proven they forged papers.

Fri May 06, 2011 9:09 pm

Its a complete mess that what it is :evil:

Fri May 06, 2011 9:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

The whole thing has turned into a total farce.

Can you imagine the effect on the players finding out an hour or so before.

This has made a joke of the end of the season .

Fri May 06, 2011 9:16 pm

Do you think other teams will kick up a fuss if thier let off?

Fri May 06, 2011 9:18 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Chief he reckons they are going to get off insufficient evidence :o

This guy has backed QPR totally throughout but in the last 30 or so mins was tweeting that a worrying announcement could be made prior to kick off, after many tweeted back he has started the backtrack :lol:

Fri May 06, 2011 9:20 pm

ONE BIG BALLS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Unfair on all it applies to but if they are letting QPR lift trophy then i presume it will be a fine if not anything

Fri May 06, 2011 9:21 pm

farcical, shambolic and downright mind numbing thats what it is

just knocks the wind out of you as a supporter

i believe in presenting them with the trophy tomorrow, the fa have outlined their intentions in not docking them sufficient points that would see another team promoted

what a sham this whole process has become

no one can really come out of this in a good light can they?

Fri May 06, 2011 9:22 pm

He is going into overdrive right now http://twitter.com/#!/Smudge1962 :D

Fri May 06, 2011 9:24 pm

Nothing major to worry about. After the game ends tomorrow the FA are fucked so are having to rush out a punishment before being beaten by the clock.

IF & I repeat IF anything it points to a minor points deduction, I would guess 3 points possibly. The FA have made a bollox off this case & HAVE to come away from it with some bit of face & also give the impression they have 'punished QPR'

We are going up as champions & will play Prem football next season.

I'm still going with a fine but I can see the above scenario playing out. Not spoke to my person this evening so really don't know any facts.

Fri May 06, 2011 9:24 pm

carlccfc wrote:He is going into overdrive right now http://twitter.com/#!/Smudge1962 :D

He seems to assume that its only QPR who have a lawyer :lol:

Fri May 06, 2011 9:27 pm

Patrick Barclay announced in the Guardian today that the delay was'bad news for QPR'

Who are you liable to believe? The UK's leading sports writer for the past twenty-five years, or a cockney named Stan?

:mrgreen:

Fri May 06, 2011 9:27 pm

I thought that castleBlue said, the reason it was delayed was.....

"FA Rule K 13 a requires that any decision or judgement involving an IRC must be delivered either by post or by hand by no later than 5.00pm on a business day for it to take immediate effect".

I'm no expert but, if this is the case then it cant possibly be announced tomorrow as it is not a business day :?:

Whatever happens, whenever announced, I'm still convinced that we will win tomorrow and be promoted as runners up.

:ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 9:35 pm

He's away to bed now, up early for the hammers game.

Fri May 06, 2011 9:37 pm

CityGent wrote:Patrick Barclay announced in the Guardian today that the delay was'bad news for QPR'

Who are you liable to believe? The UK's leading sports writer for the past twenty-five years, or a cockney named Stan?

it has crossed my mind that stan-qpr isnt really a qpr fan but a city fan :roll:

Fri May 06, 2011 9:42 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Nothing major to worry about. After the game ends tomorrow the FA are fucked so are having to rush out a punishment before being beaten by the clock.

IF & I repeat IF anything it points to a minor points deduction, I would guess 3 points possibly. The FA have made a bollox off this case & HAVE to come away from it with some bit of face & also give the impression they have 'punished QPR'

I'm still going with a fine but I can see the above scenario playing out. Not spoke to my person this evening so really don't know any facts.

Stan, I do not think we will benefit from any QPR points deduction but one thing has been nagging away at me. If QPR are punished because they have broken rules, then the punishment has to be one that is on a level playing field. Now what I mean by this is a fine for a rich club is less damaging than it would be for a poor club, or an average championship club then. So what I am saying is a fine for QPR who by all accounts are the richest club in the world would have no impact what so ever, but points dropped for QPR is the same for any club in the championship regardless of their financial status and the only universal punishment available.

Fri May 06, 2011 9:51 pm

skywalker wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:Nothing major to worry about. After the game ends tomorrow the FA are fucked so are having to rush out a punishment before being beaten by the clock.

Stan, I do not think we will benefit from any QPR points deduction but one thing has been nagging away at me. If QPR are punished because they have broken rules, then the punishment has to be one that is on a level playing field. Now what I mean by this is a fine for a rich club is less damaging than it would be for a poor club, or an average championship club then. So what I am saying is a fine for QPR who by all accounts are the richest club in the world would have no impact what so ever, but points dropped for QPR is the same for any club in the championship regardless of their financial status and the only universal punishment available.

this is spot on.

a rich club owned by billionaires could give barcelona say £50m to lend messi for the playoffs

so they get fined, bit whoops

nice little wedge

Fri May 06, 2011 9:52 pm

CityGent wrote:Patrick Barclay announced in the Guardian today that the delay was'bad news for QPR'

We will soon find out won't we. ;)

Jinks-go & take your face for a shit mate. Have you got a length of rope ready? Judging by you're posts your gonna need it :twisted:

Above post very true but who am I to comment on what the IRC hand down as a sufficient punishment. I see what your saying but it is what it is mate. All will be revealed soon enough no doubt.

Fri May 06, 2011 9:56 pm

Look at my post, I have said it from the very first ,they are a London club of course they will get away with it, there no way they are going to let a Welsh club in there like that.

Fri May 06, 2011 9:58 pm

carlccfc wrote:He is going into overdrive right now http://twitter.com/#!/Smudge1962 :D

Smudge is not so confident as last night. Last night it was Qpr are clear, tonight Qpr may have a small points deduction.

Fri May 06, 2011 9:59 pm

These are so far unsubstantiated rumours but Paul Smith (Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/Smudge1962 ) says they are nevertheless reliable sources.

You never know we could be going up tomorrow :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Paul Smith, as I've pointed out numerous times acknowledged in a tweet a while ago that he is mates with one of QPRs legal team.

He may claim reliable sources, but his source is far from an unbiased one.

Fri May 06, 2011 10:01 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:

We will soon find out won't we. ;)

Jinks-go & take your face for a shit mate. Have you got a length of rope ready? Judging by you're posts your gonna need it :twisted:

Above post very true but who am I to comment on what the IRC hand down as a sufficient punishment. I see what your saying but it is what it is mate. All will be revealed soon enough no doubt.

i woudnt hang myself over qpr im not as obssesed with them like you are of cardiff.. over a 1000+ posts on another teams message board the majority just bickering denying qpr's guilt. wow some input you add :roll:

Fri May 06, 2011 10:09 pm

All this is completely wrong it's playing with the managers and players and fans heads :evil: :evil: :evil:

By now it should all be decided then DJ could have used tomorrow as a practice for tactic's or taken the chance to rest some players, knowing that at worst we would slip one place and face perhaps Reading instead, which he might feel would suit us better ???

Now we will all be as tense as hell and have to treat it as another playoff final, but after all that it might mean completely feck all. :evil: :evil: :evil: