Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I WILL NOT BE WRITING FOR THE ECHO AGAIN

Fri May 06, 2011 7:59 pm

THIS WEEK ! :D

I was waiting like most, on here, to hear the conclusion to the QPR hearing before I wrote something but as nothing happened then I thought it best to leave it this week.

For those who may not have read, I wrote a piece which was published in yesterday's paper :

Nobody could see that result against Middlesbrough coming on Monday evening, not even the most pessimistic of fans. It was a shock that shook each and every one of us in the stadium to the core. It was unexpected to say the least. I left the ground absolutely stunned. Where exactly had that performance from Cardiff City from?

For in the six games that preceded this game there was no suggestion that we could produce such a lacklustre performance such as that, defensively over the previous six we had been pretty solid. So what was it? Was it just a freak result or was there something more to it?

Prior to kick off there were rumours around the ground that some of players had been out drinking in Cardiff over the course of the weekend, my thoughts were that they were just that, rumours. But after the game and over the course of Tuesday those rumours were becoming more and more with people claiming to have seen some of our players out drinking and intoxicated less than 48 hours before kick-off against Middlesbrough.

Yesterday I woke up to find that National newspapers were talking about the conduct of Cardiff City players and reporting that some of our players were drinking in the run up to one of the biggest games in our history. National radio stations were claiming the very same yesterday evening and even had a club source to verify the story.
Why has our club not issued a statement denying the story if it is not true? I have seen our club deny stories far less damaging than this throughout the season but this time there is silence.

If these stories are true then I am disgusted and I will say it now, any of the players who may be involved are a disgrace to one of football’s longest suffering supporters yet loyal set of fans. We deserve more. We pay the money to come and watch a team of professional athletes and if it is the case then I feel cheated and sickened. Football players collect a fantastic wage and live a life of luxury whilst doing a job that they enjoy.

The majority of football fans work long, hard hours each week struggling to support families and make ends meet. Football is an outlet, it is a part of who we are, we feel connected to our club but hearing such stories of this, sends out a message to us that some of players simply do not care for the club nor the fans. I hope the club’s officials are able to get to the bottom of this matter and discipline each player involved. It must be said that it does not involve the whole squad but only a handful of them.

Another point that made me angry on Monday was the lap of honour the players done after the debacle that was Middlesbrough. The players came out on to the pitch after a length of time spent in the dressing room but where was our manager?

Dave Jones has built this team, these are his players, why on earth was he not leading the team out on to the pitch. It may be called a lap of honour but as of yet they have achieved nothing. Some of the players walked around the pitch as if they did not want to be there, understandable some people may think after the performance they had just given maybe some of them were embarrassed but maybe our football players and our manager should realise that there was an opportunity for them to thank us the fans for our support throughout the season and the years gone by.

We travel thousands of miles each season, we support them for 90 minutes each and every game, and we defend them when others may disrespect them but they seem to find it above them to thank us. For our manager not to have come out on to the pitch on Monday with the rest of the squad is indefensible. After the game on Monday I wrote on the message board that now was not the time to analyse and dissect the performance we witnessed but in light of these allegations of drinking prior to a league match then I think it is right that fans show the players and club how angry and let down we feel.

Our season has now been reduced to the play offs as opposed to possible automatic promotion on the last day of the season and the behaviour and conduct of some of our squad, I believe has had a major role in that.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28638394/

Re: I WILL NOT BE WRITING FOR THE ECHO AGAIN

Fri May 06, 2011 8:04 pm

Carl
You should be writing more for my new book :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 8:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Carl

:lol:

Fri May 06, 2011 8:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Carl

Will the last chapter reguard our last chapter of the season :?: :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 8:31 pm

Carl that was a great report, looking forward to 3 pts tomorrow and the naming and shaming on Sunday. I've got exams next week soooo gutted wont be able to attend tomorrow however all week yes ive been studying, but not as hard as I should of been because i've been furious with these so called professionals showing us as fans and the club so much disrespect. Still finding it hard to accept now and i certainly wont be able to forgive them if we dont go up!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: