Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If you were DJ

Fri May 06, 2011 2:36 pm

Would you pick your strongest team tomorrow, with risk of injury to key players, or plan ahead for the play offs and rest a few keys players?

Re: If you were DJ

Fri May 06, 2011 2:40 pm

We have to win even if as it seems likely there is no points deduction for QPR. The 3rd placed team is going to be in a very strong position to sue QPR for financial compensation.

It probably won't be any where near £90m, but I can certainly see a figure of £20m+

Fri May 06, 2011 2:41 pm

If QPR are found not guilty then on what grounds can we sue them?

Fri May 06, 2011 3:00 pm

Bluesince92 wrote:If QPR are found not guilty then on what grounds can we sue them?

It would depend on the wording of the Judgement but there might be scope to sue QPR even if they were found innocent.

If they were found guilty (or case proven to stop upsetting CastleBlue) and they only received a small points deduction and fine (and thus promoted), the third placed team could claim compensation on the grounds that QPR failed to provided a 'care of duty' in their actions.

That's what Sheffield United did with West Ham even though the Hammers were never charged with breaking third party rules.

Fri May 06, 2011 3:02 pm

Pure & simple, we have to win the game. It's not like Derby away last game, last season!

Fri May 06, 2011 3:05 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Pure & simple, we have to win the game. It's not like Derby away last game, last season!

True on several levels.

Fri May 06, 2011 3:17 pm

Fair comments but if we're all totally honest we know we're gonna be competing in the play offs which will mean an away game next thursday or friday regardless whether we win, lose or draw. My only worry is that say Bellamy or Super Kev gets injured in a game that is not going to change our situation in regards to play offs. OK you could say we need the momentum or be better playing Forest than Reading but if we are to win the play offs it doesnt matter who we play so i think DJ has a very difficult decision in regards to team selection for tomorrows game.