Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " DAVE JONES FEELS LET DOWN BY HIS PLAYERS "

Fri May 06, 2011 7:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" DAVE JONES FEELS LET DOWN BY HIS PLAYERS "

MY OPINION

What manager lets his whole squad to do what they want from Thursday 12pm till Monday 2pm, just before the most important match so far this season, especially after their have been at least 5 major episodes reported already this season of City players on the lash/drunk/fighting and Gambling.

In my opinion your the Boss, the Buck stops with you.

Media Wales

Cardiff City boss Dave Jones

CARDIFF CITY boss Dave Jones has opened up on the late night booze allegations surrounding some of his players, admitting he felt let down by the incident that has tarnished his squad this week.

Reports alleged a small group of players defied the managers' instructions by partying into the early hours of Saturday morning following a fans awards function - just two days before the crunch home match against Middlesbrough.

The Bluebirds suffered a humiliating 3-0 defeat against Boro on Bank Holiday Monday as they collapsed in front of a sell-out crowd and saw their automatic promotion hopes go up in smoke.

And today, Jones vowed to find out the truth of exactly what happened, while admitting he and the rest of the squad felt let down.

“We felt let down. We were disappointed.

"You have to remember that everybody has been tarred with the same brush and they shouldn’t be. You are talking about a very small minority of a big playing squad.

"There are 22 players and it was a very small minority. Everybody felt disappointed. Not just me, not just my staff, but the players and everyone else.

"We will look into it. we have other issues to concern ourselves with at the moment, which is playing, and then we will will look into it.

"We will find out the truth, rather than all the stories that are flying around. Then we will deal with it in the manner that everybody – fans, me, hierarchy, players – will expect it to be treated."

And he admitted: "I would imagine the fans’ feelings are exactly the same as mine.”

Annis i think your Hatred of Jones blights your opinions, the players are 100% responsible for thier Behavior off the pitch.
they are grown men now they should know better !!!!

Fri May 06, 2011 7:55 pm

Absolute bollocks Annis, he's a manager not a babysitter. These are grown up men who should know better, the buck stops with these bunch of wasters not Dave Jones. It's about time the players started taking a bit of responsibility for their actions and for people to stop blaming Dave Jones for everything. Get a grip.

Fri May 06, 2011 7:59 pm

I feel gutted,miserable, pissed off and most of all CHEATED by the behaviour of certain players within our squad and a management decision to give our players time off before a very important match

How can the players allegedly have 4 days off before a crucial game which could have still kept us in the automatic places with one game remaining ? I find that unbelievable and if it is Dave Jones's decision, then he has dropped the biggest bollock of football career. It is bad management of the worst possible case. How can you keep the players sharp and motivated when you don't see them for 4 days ? - its not rocket science. Physcologically some of the players minds are now elsewhere knowing that they have got a few days off. Some players then go on the lash which shows a complete lack of professionalism. Quite simply those players have not got one ounce of professionalism in their bodies only a gutsful of drink. The whole thing stinks.

Its already been said, but let me say it again - those players have no respect for the club, directors, manager and most importantly us - the loyal, passionate fans.
We are the people who dip into our hard earned money to watch our players some of whom can hardly run on match day due to alcholic effect and lack of good sleep. They have cheated on us.

A lot of our players earn more in one week than most of us earn in a year and yet they treat us with utter contempt.

We have still got a chance of promotion, so I hope they can get their act together and deliver us promotion in the next few weeks and then all will be forgiven.

My rant is over, but I will rant again if we don't perform in the play offs

Off to the Red Lion, Penderyn now and get the Bass down my neck and chill out

Fri May 06, 2011 8:17 pm

DJ's fault :?
Other than tell them not to drink he can't do mch more. These are grown men and experienced pro's who should know better and be more professional. Suppose maybe he could have had them in for an early session and I'm sure he wishes he did but we have had a lot of games lately so a relaxing weekend may have been just what was needed form them to really push on the last few games. Sadly they went and got pissed.

Fri May 06, 2011 8:43 pm

Why does everyone keep saying they had 4 days off, they were training saturday morning as troobloo was there!

Fri May 06, 2011 9:14 pm

npbluebird wrote:Absolute bollocks Annis, he's a manager not a babysitter. These are grown up men who should know better, the buck stops with these bunch of wasters not Dave Jones. It's about time the players started taking a bit of responsibility for their actions and for people to stop blaming Dave Jones for everything. Get a grip.

If the players respected their boss they would have stayed in. They think they can get away with taking the piss so try it on. There are at least 2 players with a massive gambling addiction-DJ the manager takes the squad to the races once a month as part of team building.

What next-sign Howard Marks and go on a trip to Jamaica? or signMarlon King and go to Amsterdam.

Fri May 06, 2011 9:41 pm

i feel let down by dj, and the players, even the club,, i take my hats of to you all that are going tomorrow, you still spend your hard earned cash supporting the team, well done :ayatollah: