Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BBC reporter saying the trophy will be at Loftus Road 2mo

Fri May 06, 2011 12:48 pm

Congratulations QPR. Now lets focus on the playoffs and pray we don't ''do a Cardiff''. :lol:

Re: BBC reporter saying the trophy will be at Loftus Road 2mo

Fri May 06, 2011 12:53 pm

not from where i'm standing mate:

http://twitter.com/#!/bbc_matt

Fri May 06, 2011 12:54 pm

It's bound to be, they've won the league and are innocent until proven guilty. Doesn't mean that it won't be doing an open top bus tour of Norwich city centre by Tuesday though does it??

;)

Fri May 06, 2011 1:00 pm

hahaha. Same guy, I obviously didn't read it properly! Commiserations then QPR. :lol:

Fri May 06, 2011 1:01 pm

McMurdo wrote:hahaha. Same guy, I obviously didn't read it properly! Commiserations then QPR. :lol:

lol

Fri May 06, 2011 1:10 pm

McMurdo wrote:hahaha. Same guy, I obviously didn't read it properly! Commiserations then QPR. :lol:

:lol:

Thing is if they are not announcing the decision till Monday then they have to give them the trophy as they are innocent till proven guilty, I would read too much into this. Worst case scenario is they give it to them and then have to take it back and hand it to Norwich. Just can’t see that happening myself.

Fri May 06, 2011 1:18 pm

He just said they couldn't confirm not wont confirm dont read too much into it
Last edited by rb1976 on Fri May 06, 2011 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 06, 2011 1:18 pm

skywalker wrote:

Thing is if they are not announcing the decision till Monday then they have to give them the trophy as they are innocent till proven guilty, I would read too much into this. Worst case scenario is they give it to them and then have to take it back and hand it to Norwich. Just can’t see that happening myself.

Exactly, which is why it could be taken as quite significant that they can't now confirm that the trophy will be there!

Fri May 06, 2011 2:56 pm

FA in a dither because they know docking them 15 on Monday.

Fri May 06, 2011 4:19 pm

Daya wrote:FA in a dither because they know docking them 15 on Monday.

Agree with you Steve, they will be docked 15pts or even worse on Monday :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 4:31 pm

like heck will they get deducted points...they might get a £10 fine and ordered to give the FA a packet of crisps :roll: :roll: :roll: :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 4:33 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:like heck will they get deducted points...they might get a £10 fine and ordered to give the FA a packet of crisps :roll: :roll: :roll: :ayatollah:

that would be an amazing punishment

Fri May 06, 2011 4:36 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:like heck will they get deducted points...they might get a £10 fine and ordered to give the FA a packet of crisps :roll: :roll: :roll: :ayatollah:

that would be an amazing punishment

Fri May 06, 2011 4:43 pm

A Football League spokesman said:

"The Football League can confirm that it intends to present the npower Championship Trophy to Queens Park Rangers at the conclusion of tomorrow's fixture with Leeds United, in line with custom and practice. This decision will only be reviewed if the verdict of the ongoing FA Tribunal affects standings in the Championship table before that time."

Need any more confirmation?

Fri May 06, 2011 5:37 pm

Paul Smith tweeted the picture after getting people to tell him how to do it :roll:

edit: yeah that's in QPR colours and apparently at loftus road...

could be anywhere and could be Cardiff colours :lol: