Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

YOUR THOUGHTS ON BELLAMY STAYING....

Fri May 06, 2011 11:16 am

As player or player/manager.ssn say he wants to stay if we go up or not. :ayatollah:

Re: YOUR THOUGHTS ON BELLAMY STAYING....

Fri May 06, 2011 11:26 am

i think its great news
if he starts next season how he is finishing this season it will be good for us. im not sure about player manager just yet but certainly as a player id keep him

Fri May 06, 2011 11:32 am

It'll be a player/coach role Id imagine, saying that I dont know if he has his coaching badges but I hope he stays for another year and we get shot of Chopra, Bothroyd, Rae, Gyppes & Naylor, the rest will leave anyway because they'll be back at their own clubs.

Fri May 06, 2011 11:41 am

And im sure he will be able to persuade some quality to our club with his contacts too.

Fri May 06, 2011 11:46 am

I was worried about our team for next season. :(
No need if Bellers is staying, just build the team around him. :D
And give him a bigger role in the club, he deserves it if he stays.
Not like Giggs, said he would like to end his career with city, full of shit.
Bellers is Cardiff City, he'll take us to the promised land.
Thank you Craig :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 12:21 pm

As good as a promotion for me if he does..............If Craig could somehow stay as a player coach, then IMO our future as a long-term quality side is assured. He loves Cardiff & is completely commited - he knows that the fans are 100% behind him - he's loved for that passion and fire. He loves this club, has nothing to prove at a premiership/elite level, financially secure and wants to stay here for all of the right reasons including his own quality of life. For me, if he does stay then it's as good as promotion. We really need him as a key figure in our future (any club would say the same of such an asset). If others (not all) had his commitment, dogged determination and winners attitude, we would be top of the table without a doubt. And I would love to see him managing the side at some stage in the future. A bit like Kenny Dalglish for me - I would love to see Craig here in some key capacity forever. He is a true Bluebird.

Fri May 06, 2011 12:58 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:As good as a promotion for me if he does..............If Craig could somehow stay as a player coach, then IMO our future as a long-term quality side is assured. He loves Cardiff & is completely commited - he knows that the fans are 100% behind him - he's loved for that passion and fire. He loves this club, has nothing to prove at a premiership/elite level, financially secure and wants to stay here for all of the right reasons including his own quality of life. For me, if he does stay then it's as good as promotion. We really need him as a key figure in our future (any club would say the same of such an asset). If others (not all) had his commitment, dogged determination and winners attitude, we would be top of the table without a doubt. And I would love to see him managing the side at some stage in the future. A bit like Kenny Dalglish for me - I would love to see Craig here in some key capacity forever. He is a true Bluebird.

Thanks GrangeEndStar that is what I wanted to say.

Fri May 06, 2011 1:07 pm

I always had a worry about next season IF we did not go up.

Over the last few years we have always had something or someone to boost the club and put it in the limelight. FA Cup run, Fowler (whatever you thought of him it boosted the club), Jimmy Floyd and then the big one, Bellamy.

I feared there would be a lull when he left and there was NOTHING that could fill the void. Now I feel much
More positive.

Now the only worry is will he not stay if we go up as Man City will not loan him to a prem club and we could not afford the fee.

Fri May 06, 2011 1:28 pm

Carduff/Wayne - Yep, all feel the same. To be honest, my season low-point was not the Boro game but the Daily Mail interview with Craig when he said he would not be around next season, felt a bit sick to be honest. I was worried about next season without Bellers, even if we were promoted or not as he is such an asset. I feel that we are lucky in terms of his ambitions, skill, attitude and career timing that it turned out that he is with us. Him joining was my season-highlight for many reasons. Such a role-model for the youngsters too - he signed autographs/had photos including my lads for 30 mins after the QPR game in the heat & after running ragged for 90mins. The foundation that he set-up in Sierra Leone just proves the guy. City Legend. Stick around Bellers and the next statue campaign will be yours! (and it will not be looking down on Caroline Street, keeping chippy lane free of nob-ends, although there is a strong case for it!). We are also long-overdue for a Bellers chant too. C'mon City! :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 1:31 pm

player manager next season for me would be a dream! he`d get 100% out of any team! :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 2:35 pm

Ryan Giggs was always going to join that dying breed of a one club player. He had never said he would finish up at Cardiff so stop talking bollocks .

Fri May 06, 2011 3:00 pm

AHERNE wrote:player manager next season for me would be a dream! he`d get 100% out of any team! :ayatollah:

Why not all he would need is another experienced coach alongside him, I think it would work. :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 3:03 pm

bluebirdsprem2012 wrote:And im sure he will be able to persuade some quality to our club with his contacts too.

I would like to think that's true but unfortunatley he has pissed off just about every club he's been at :lol:

Fri May 06, 2011 3:12 pm

its a silver lining for me if it happens. Especially if we don't go up. I like the fact he has foresight to look 10 years into the future for the club not just this season. Well said Craig :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 6:53 pm

Player manager. :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 7:11 pm

Bowmonster wrote:
AHERNE wrote:player manager next season for me would be a dream! he`d get 100% out of any team! :ayatollah:

Why not all he would need is another experienced coach alongside him, I think it would work. :ayatollah:

He's 200 per cent Man Utd that's why. If he joins us he wont get his knighthood :|

Fri May 06, 2011 7:16 pm

f*cking FANTASTIC STUFF IF HE DOES.............

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 7:18 pm

Player Manager? Not a chance, managers are 'supposed to manage people' players play, how the the hell could he make huge decsions playing up front, if the back 4 are not performing??

Coaches on the bench??? Team debrief, how could he if he was playing??

Player coach yessssss, player manager totally unrealistic.....

Lets be honest, in a very important game next day, would you want your star man up all night worrying about a legal issue, or fretting over a poss transfer before the window closes?? nor me

Leave craig where he is, Captain, and poss player coach... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 7:20 pm

Poyet or Houghton as manager. Bellamy as team Captain. get rid of Chops Bothroyd and any other bad influence around. Blake should also be told sort your self out or move on. If Bellamy does not stay next season then Super Kev should be Captain :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 10:04 pm

Im sorry people will slag me off for this but we need a leader and bellamy aint that :(

his work rate recently has been brillant but he spends most of time argueing at refs instead of playing the whistle

i just think if we dont go up, we need too get rid of alot of players

But its just my opinion :ayatollah: