Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bellamy to stay ??

Fri May 06, 2011 9:30 am

Found this post on Twitter just now but dont know where the guy has his info from tho ??

@RealPeteShuttle
Peter Shuttleworth
Wales striker Craig Bellamy confirms that he will stay at @CardiffCityFC if the club don't win promotion to the Premier League this season

Re: Bellamy to stay ??

Fri May 06, 2011 9:32 am

Hes sport journo from argus, i went to school with him, im 6"6 and i reach his neck, he is tallest man in the world!!!

Fri May 06, 2011 9:40 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Hes sport journo from argus, i went to school with him, im 6"6 and i reach his neck, he is tallest man in the world!!!

so its an accurate post then and not a " long shot " ? :lol:

Fri May 06, 2011 9:41 am

I cant see it, how would we afford his wages or even afford the transfer? :cry:

Fri May 06, 2011 9:43 am

griffy wrote:I cant see it, how would we afford his wages or even afford the transfer? :cry:

his wages in the Championship would be paid the same as they are now by VT and his financial gamble to get CCFC into the Prem league ............ personally I would expect Man City to sell him in the next window ??

Fri May 06, 2011 9:55 am

Vintage 63 wrote:
IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Hes sport journo from argus, i went to school with him, im 6"6 and i reach his neck, he is tallest man in the world!!!

so its an accurate post then and not a " long shot " ? :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Fri May 06, 2011 10:02 am

Just seen it on the bbc ticker that he's told bbc sport he wants to stay.

I understand that VT would pay and gamble on it, but bellamy surely would need to take a big hit on his wages, like about 60k or so?

Fri May 06, 2011 10:03 am

100 percent true just spoke to a very close friend of his. Also hes apparently going mad with the players over the drinking situation which was very predictable. Get into them ......

Fri May 06, 2011 10:04 am

griffy wrote:Just seen it on the bbc ticker that he's told bbc sport he wants to stay.

I understand that VT would pay and gamble on it, but bellamy surely would need to take a big hit on his wages, like about 60k or so?

if CCFC go up this season then CCFC owe Man C about £3mil in wages for him ?

Fri May 06, 2011 10:06 am

What about Craig as Player Manager next season?... :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 10:08 am

Yeah that was part of a clause in the loan contract to pay back the £2-3million they're paying given that we get promotion. However if we don't get promoted, I fail to see how we can afford to keep him..

Fri May 06, 2011 10:10 am

bridgeblue wrote:What about Craig as Player Manager next season?... :ayatollah:

now that idea I like , very very much :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 10:37 am

Good call.

Fri May 06, 2011 10:41 am

But could CCFC afford both his player and manager wages ?? :lol:

Fri May 06, 2011 10:43 am

Reading that article it seems that Bellamy is absolutely determined to lead us to promotion whether that is this season or next. I just wish every other player had half his passion, energy and committment because we would walk this division :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 10:48 am

blueheaven wrote:Reading that article it seems that Bellamy is absolutely determined to lead us to promotion whether that is this season or next. I just wish every other player had half his passion, energy and committment because we would walk this division :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Well said M8, agree totally if all players had the same attitude as Bellamy, City would be unstoppable. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 10:48 am

Sky Sports news are running a story on him after lunch i think ??

Fri May 06, 2011 10:57 am

elad wrote:
blueheaven wrote:Reading that article it seems that Bellamy is absolutely determined to lead us to promotion whether that is this season or next. I just wish every other player had half his passion, energy and committment because we would walk this division :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Well said M8, agree totally if all players had the same attitude as Bellamy, City would be unstoppable. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Bellamy is a Cardiff legend whatever happens :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 10:58 am

SSN just tweeted a bellamy report this lunchtime on his ccfc future....and ollie holt just tweeted that a QPR decision may be made public today after all

Fri May 06, 2011 11:12 am

Vintage 63 wrote:
griffy wrote:I cant see it, how would we afford his wages or even afford the transfer? :cry:

his wages in the Championship would be paid the same as they are now by VT and his financial gamble to get CCFC into the Prem league ............ personally I would expect Man City to sell him in the next window ??

Once bitten twice shy babe lol

Fri May 06, 2011 11:12 am

SSN are saying the same, saying that he said he wants to stay at Cardiff next season WHETHER WE GET PROMOTED OR NOT :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 11:15 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Sky Sports news are running a story on him after lunch i think ??

SSN has just confirmed an interview with Bellamy within the hour,so hopefully before 1pm. :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 11:25 am

i know he was doing his coaching badgers last year, not sure how far hes got though

Fri May 06, 2011 11:26 am

badges u know wat i meant lads, i should be studying!!!

Fri May 06, 2011 11:37 am

Not sure how as I thought the loan rules will be changing this summer to stop parent clubs paying majority of wages when players go out on loan?