Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

oldham 1 cardiff 7

Fri May 06, 2011 7:07 am

Has anyone ever found a video of this game back in 2002? be intersted in seeing it

Re: oldham 1 cardiff 7

Fri May 06, 2011 7:13 am

i havent seen any highlights but i was there at that game it was awsome the oldham fans clapped us off at the end in all fairness to them. we were 3 up in the first 10-20mins scored from 3 corners and andy campell scored a hat trick. I was 16 at the time and got in for £7.00 pound a goal :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 7:30 am

Cardiff_Davies wrote:Has anyone ever found a video of this game back in 2002? be intersted in seeing it

I'll give you an interesting fact about that game it is one of only 2 matches we have won with Mr C Webster as the referee, Mr Webster is the referee on Saturday and its been nearly 7 years since we last won a match with him in charge. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Fri May 06, 2011 7:35 am

castleblue wrote:
Cardiff_Davies wrote:Has anyone ever found a video of this game back in 2002? be intersted in seeing it

I'll give you an interesting fact about that game it is one of only 2 matches we have won with Mr C Webster as the referee, Mr Webster is the referee on Saturday and its been nearly 7 years since we last won a match with him in charge. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

This was the game where Campbell had a pie thrown at him. Hit him in the face too! :D

The highlights were on Cardiff City "World" (now Player) I believe?

Fri May 06, 2011 8:34 am

andy goram was in goal for oldham that day and we were chanting scotland's no 10 at him :lol:

Fri May 06, 2011 10:47 am

http://www.blip.tv/file/1625195/

quality game fair play still couldnt believe we were 5-0 up at half time.

Fri May 06, 2011 10:50 am

I bet Andy Goram hasnt got the video but the other Andy namely Campbell might have a copy :lol:

Fri May 06, 2011 10:52 am

watch andy campbell get hit with the pie for the fourth goal during his "celebaraion" class fair play

Fri May 06, 2011 2:39 pm

Plus Andy Goram only played as a favour because they had no other keeper available that day. You say the Oldham fans clapped us off but there were only about 50 left in the ground by the end.

We cheered their goal louder than they did.

5 nil up against 10 men at half time! And unbelievebly looking back, Campbell started ahead of Earnie!

Virtually every City fan there that day was out the back of the stand at half time on the phone to their mates trying to convince them they were telling the truth about the scoreline!

Fabulous day!

Let's hope tomorrow goes a small fraction as well otherwise it's gonna be a long trip home!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 2:50 pm

Plus Andy Goram only played as a favour because they had no other keeper available that day. You say the Oldham fans clapped us off but there were only about 50 left in the ground by the end.

We cheered their goal louder than they did.

5 nil up against 10 men at half time! And unbelievebly looking back, Campbell started ahead of Earnie!

Virtually every City fan there that day was out the back of the stand at half time on the phone to their mates trying to convince them they were telling the truth about the scoreline!

Fabulous day!

Let's hope tomorrow goes a small fraction as well otherwise it's gonna be a long trip home!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 7:23 pm

:ayatollah: i remember this game very well . i got banned for 3 years for running on the pitch after the second goal. i remmeber asking the prison officer what was the score at half time and he said 5-0 or 4-0 i cant remember but i thought he was bullshiting me lol bluebirds

Sat May 07, 2011 12:08 am

leo running into the corner flag to waste time on 89 min, 7-1 up :lol: