Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Qpr are guilty,

Thu May 05, 2011 9:39 pm

They are going for run out of time, bog you down with paper work tactics, with a top lawyer. If they were innocent they would have proved it by now, instead of trying to belittle the FA.

This piss off tactics may come back to haunt them, no one likes a smart arse.

Re: Qpr are guilty,

Thu May 05, 2011 9:42 pm

Magners wrote:They are going for run out of time, bog you down with paper work tactics, with a top lawyer. If they were innocent they would have proved it by now, instead of trying to belittle the FA.

I can personally verify that is absolutely true. ;)

Thu May 05, 2011 9:53 pm

Magners wrote:They are going for run out of time, bog you down with paper work tactics, with a top lawyer. If they were innocent they would have proved it by now, instead of trying to belittle the FA.

Magners, so if the FA's paperwork & evidence was so watertight as many mentioned on here last week why are the FA putting back the verdict date that they originally set out? Paperwork or not, facts talk & it seems as though th FA don't have as much as they would like to think.

Not you magners cos you are a decent poster but LOTS of sour grapes on here.

Maybe if you boys had done your own job properly you wouldn't be so bothered about hitching a ride on QPR's back which won't happen.

Thu May 05, 2011 9:56 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:

Magners, so if the FA's paperwork & evidence was so watertight as many mentioned on here last week why are the FA putting back the verdict date that they originally set out? Paperwork or not, facts talk & it seems as though th FA don't have as much as they would like to think.

Maybe if you boys had done your own job properly you wouldn't be so bothered about hitching a ride on QPR's back which won't happen.

your absolutely right our boys on the pitch let us down, but at the end of the day if theres hope of your beloved qpr getting a points deduction and the bluebirds getting promoted becuase of this i think we as fans would take it!!

dont tell me you would'nt be thinking the same if you were in our position stan ?

Thu May 05, 2011 9:57 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:

Stan- your closing section is so true.........but the players went on the piss instead. Wankers....they should come and work in factory with me and learn to apreciate the luxury lifes they really have.

Thu May 05, 2011 10:01 pm

brewer918 wrote:
your absolutely right our boys on the pitch let us down, but at the end of the day if theres hope of your beloved qpr getting a points deduction and the bluebirds getting promoted becuase of this i think we as fans would take it!!

dont tell me you would'nt be thinking the same if you were in our position stan ?

Headlines like GUILTY are what makes me laugh.

The FA obviously haven't established that fact so how come so many others have? Hmmmmmmm

As I said last week if you were top & we were mid table this wouldn't even be talked about.

Its desperation from a lot of your fans because deep down you know or feel you've fucked it up again. And I'm not saying that as a dig, I honestly believe that's why its such a talking point on here people are clinging to the hope we get deducted points. It won't happen.

Thu May 05, 2011 10:04 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
brewer918 wrote:

The FA obviously haven't established that fact so how come so many others have? Hmmmmmmm

As I said last week if you were top & we were mid table this wouldn't even be talked about.

Its desperation from a lot of your fans because deep down you know or feel you've fucked it up again. And I'm not saying that as a dig, I honestly believe that's why its such a talking point on here people are clinging to the hope we get deducted points. It won't happen.

sad but true mate!! i think its our last hope so we havent got to go through the dreaded playoffs like last year!! i just want to know now so we can get on with it!!

Thu May 05, 2011 10:07 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
brewer918 wrote:

Its desperation from a lot of your fans because deep down you know or feel you've fucked it up again. And I'm not saying that as a dig, I honestly believe that's why its such a talking point on here people are clinging to the hope we get deducted points.
It won't happen.

It's all to do with the love of your club.

Thu May 05, 2011 10:07 pm

OK being cynical here but if the hearing is being extended because their is a lot of paperwork, then that doesn't mean one thing or the other with regard to guilt, only that there is a lot of paperwork and the IRC must consider all evidence.

However, QPR's QC may be trying to deliberatley to extend the hearing so that the gave vs. Leeds is played before the decision is made and apparently that means points cannot be deducted this season and QPR's promotion as Champions will go ahead.

Fair enough if QPR pull it off, that's why they are paying their brief £700 an hour.

However, you can bet your arse Vincent Tan will employ a £900 an hour brief to sue for £90m.

Thu May 05, 2011 10:09 pm

Stan every pub and coffee shop in portobello road are talking about it mate, and all my QPR mates are shocked and bewildered right now.....no one can call this one, I hope you go up, but I'll take it if we get your place.

Thu May 05, 2011 10:17 pm

Tony. The only thing Vincent Tan will be doing this summer is employing a new manager for Cardiff City. Not a cats chance in hell will he engage in a lengthy very expensive law suit on the conclusion of this hearing.

Brick, its right mate lots are naturally worried, personally I'm not. The pendulum is swinging very much in our favour by all accounts. That's good enough for me.

Thu May 05, 2011 10:21 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:OK being cynical here but if the hearing is being extended because their is a lot of paperwork, then that doesn't mean one thing or the other with regard to guilt, only that there is a lot of paperwork and the IRC must consider all evidence.

Because of course, if the FA's case was so apallingly bad as that idiot journo Paul Smith claims, case would have been dismissed by now.

However, QPR's QC may be trying to deliberatley to extend the hearing so that the gave vs. Leeds is played before the decision is made and apparently that means points cannot be deducted this season and QPR's promotion as Champions will go ahead.

Maybe; Swindon, however, were demoted between seasons. If the IRC / FA deem a demotion was required, QPR would be back in the Champ for start of next season.

Thu May 05, 2011 10:24 pm

Stan, is your source the same as Paul Smiths by any chance? :lol:

Thu May 05, 2011 10:27 pm

Paul Smith at the Mirror says on his Twitter, he thinks Qpr will start next season in the Prem -2 points.

What's that all about?

Thu May 05, 2011 10:29 pm

griffy wrote:Stan, is your source the same as Paul Smiths by any chance? :lol:

I didn't even know who paul smith was until about 2 hours ago when someone on here posted a link so no mate.

I've been watching QPR and been close to people at the club for 30 odd years. I have my own close circle that I trust & hear solid info from.

Tony Blue Williams wrote:OK being cynical here but if the hearing is being extended because their is a lot of paperwork, then that doesn't mean one thing or the other with regard to guilt, only that there is a lot of paperwork and the IRC must consider all evidence.

Fair enough if QPR pull it off, that's why they are paying their brief £700 an hour.

However, you can bet your arse Vincent Tan will employ a £900 an hour brief to sue for £90m.

Tony the FA can deduct points after the season finishes they did it for leeds, nothing in the FA rules saying points cannot be deducted after the season ends

He thinks that the FA cannot deduct points after saturdays game so any points deduction will occur next season

Thu May 05, 2011 10:34 pm

Th FA cannot deduct points next season the premier league is a different animal, if it was between the championship, league 1 and league 2 up or down then they could but not in the premier league, the journos are talking shite

Thu May 05, 2011 10:36 pm

griffy wrote:He thinks that the FA cannot deduct points after saturdays game so any points deduction will occur next season

Two completely different entities are they not?

Thu May 05, 2011 10:44 pm

Paul Smith tweeted within the last hour saying that after saturday the FA cannot deduct points from QPR for this season, and that any points deduction they wish to give to them will have to be made next season when in the premiership.

as Igovernor said, the football league deals with its own points deductions so will have to take place this season. The premier league is different matter.

Fri May 06, 2011 2:19 am

The FA's own rules do not permit them to deduct points for this season once the final round of matches have been played. It's in black and white (and downloadable as a pdf from the FA). The argument now is whether any deduction for next season would leave the door open to a successful appeal, since the events in question go back to before the rules (post Tevez) were changed. The irony is that Tevez played for Man U when his economic rights were still owned by a third party . A further complication is that in the EU (inc Wales, see below) payments to third parties do not contravene any national authority regulations, which may mean that an appeal against a points deduction for next season would be likely to succeed, since the rules are clearly prejudicial. That's assuming they are found guilty of anything.

Had Cardiff or Swansea (or Wrexham) done what QPR are alleged to have done, they would be totally in the clear since the 'economic rights' and third party ownership do not apply outside England, see the Guardian article (Thursday). Indeed Rangers did not contravene the league's own rules, it was only when the league checked with the FA that a problem was identified. It was Rangers who flagged the issue up in the first place.

I reckon the reason why the league have done a U-turn and decided to stick to the play off dates (and go ahead with the presentation of the trophy) is because they know that a championship points deduction is no longer an issue as far as the inquiry is concerned.

The villains of the piece - and architects of this mess - are the footballing authorities in England, with roots in the animosity between the Football League and the FA. And now of course we have the EPL in on the act. You couldn't make it up.

Fri May 06, 2011 2:45 am

It's the playoffs for us. QPR will not get a points deduction big enough to bump us up.

I posted this last week - as did Stan to b fair.