Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

new topic, hoping for a reply.Cardiff/QPR related

Thu May 05, 2011 8:47 pm

Sorry lads, i've had to join your forum just to post this.and honestly it's not to wind you up. just that there is so much chat about my team and the hope you seem to have about taking our place in the premier league. I honestly do not claim to have a sauce, just feel that everybody seem's on your board to have tried to bury this thread even though in my eye's is actually more serious than anything that our 3rd party ownership charge amounts to.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... -ownership

Why isn't this being discussed at length ?

If this article is true then it is surely more serious than dodgy piece of 3rd party ownership.

This is a Chairman of another Championship club buying you players via a company he is a major shareholder of.

And as the same as is happening with my club it's all media speculation. UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.

Re: new topic, hoping for a reply.Cardiff/QPR related

Thu May 05, 2011 8:50 pm

:laughing3:

No comparison no 3rd party ownership, no illegal, no one cares!

Thu May 05, 2011 8:52 pm

Did post this in a previous thread so apologies if having 2 read twice. just getting used to your board.

Thu May 05, 2011 8:54 pm

Merlin wrote::laughing3:

Fair point lol. so why is it one rule for Welsh clubs and another for English. when we both play in the same league ?.

Thu May 05, 2011 8:54 pm

Way I see it we should have been getting players through third party systems all along if it's within rules we have been set.

Cant blame Cardiff for the FAW not having those rules. :ayatollah: (And Swansea)

Thu May 05, 2011 8:59 pm

Colin Warnock wrote:Did post this in a previous thread so apologies if having 2 read twice. just getting used to your board.

And the reply to you there still stands.

Thu May 05, 2011 9:00 pm

Hello mr warnock!!

Any relation?? :lol:

Thu May 05, 2011 9:01 pm

RFMH wrote:Way I see it we should have been getting players through third party systems all along if it's within rules we have been set.

Cant blame Cardiff for the FAW not having those rules. :ayatollah: (And Swansea)

And that is the point. every team in the championship will bend the rules as much as they can get to the promised land.

Just think it is a sad stae of affairs when it gets in the way of what really matters the football on the pitch. I was at our game with Cardiff and if honest even though we was played of the park and sneaked a draw through that man Taarabt.I had one of my best ever away days following my team.

Thu May 05, 2011 9:03 pm

Colin Warnock wrote:

Fair point lol. so why is it one rule for Welsh clubs and another for English. when we both play in the same league ?.

Why ask us when we've been trying to leave the FAW for years?

fact is, the Faurlin controversy refers to third party ownership on an player as an individual. As third parties can thuis "force" sales to particular clubs, for particular prices.

The loan made, legal at the time, has none of that.

the clause the Guardian journo has wanked himself dry at the prospect of a "big story" is that we cannot spend monies from transfer sales without permission; namely, preventing us spunking the money away without servicing the debt.

Ranson's company has no interest in any specifc players. it has no control over any of them, has no control over our transfer policies. All it has is a clause, safeguarding repayment of the debt.

Thu May 05, 2011 9:04 pm

Colin Warnock wrote:
RFMH wrote:Way I see it we should have been getting players through third party systems all along if it's within rules we have been set.

And that is the point. every team in the championship will bend the rules as much as they can get to the promised land.

Just think it is a sad stae of affairs when it gets in the way of what really matters the football on the pitch. I was at our game with Cardiff and if honest even though we was played of the park and sneaked a draw through that man Taarabt.I had one of my best ever away days following my team.

Except we've not bent the rules. No third party control whatsoever.

Thu May 05, 2011 9:10 pm

Colin Warnock wrote:

I can see the point your trying to make but there is a crucial difference, the company your referring doesn't own the enconomic rights to our players.

We are repaying a loan taken out with Player Finance Fund by Peter Ridsdale and that company only holds a mortgage over our players and other property should we default on the loan.

At no point can Player Finance Fund sell any of our players or move them onto another club without our permission.

The only influence they have is if we sell a player we need to inform them before disposing of the cash value (because of the mortgage), not the player.

In the case of Faurlin he was wholley owned by a third party and could have been sold on without your permission at any point before October 2010.

Cardiff City are policed by the Football League with regard to third party agreements and if it was proven we did have such an arrangement we would suffer the exact same fate as QPR.

Thu May 05, 2011 9:15 pm

nerd wrote:
Colin Warnock wrote:

Except we've not bent the rules. No third party control whatsoever.

But even if you had it's not illegal with regards to the FAW, but the point of the argument with regards to a points deduction should be an unfair advantage on the pitch. Some dodgy deal in south america for a 2nd division player doesn't give us an unfair advantage. Man City paying £80.000 a week of a world class players wages does ? just because we may have bent the rules, and i honestly dont even know if we have. My only reason for joining the forum was because i couldnt really understand while everyone was jumping on this QPR hearing as a way to gain promotion through yet another back door.It was 11 v 11 all season, a fair fight. And not wanting to piss anyone off but you finished 3rd.

Thu May 05, 2011 9:18 pm

Have you joined the Swansea board?

Newport County?

Wrexham?

Colwyn Bay?

Or just us?

My thread was tongue in cheek, the moment we had any set up like that FA would demand a rule change and/or we join the FA simples. Quit moaning because you feel like you have something to moan about. You don't, go celebrate promotion like you ought to be. :ayatollah:

Thu May 05, 2011 9:19 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Colin Warnock wrote:

I can see the point your trying to make but there is a crucial difference, the company your referring doesn't own the enconomic rights to our players.

We are repaying a loan taken out with Player Finance Fund by Peter Ridsdale and that company only holds a mortgage over our players and other property should we default on the loan.

At no point can Player Finance Fund sell any of our players or move them onto another club without our permission.

I stand corrected. and there was me thinking if i read a broadsheet rather than a red top i may have got some semblence of the truth. As stated before all media hype lol.

The only influence they have is if we sell a player we need to inform them before disposing of the cash value (because of the mortgage), not the player.

In the case of Faurlin he was wholley owned by a third party and could have been sold on without your permission at any point before October 2010.

Cardiff City are policed by the Football League with regard to third party agreements and if it was proven we did have such an arrangement we would suffer the exact same fate as QPR.

Thu May 05, 2011 9:20 pm

Colin Warnock wrote:But even if you had it's not illegal with regards to the FAW, but the point of the argument with regards to a points deduction should be an unfair advantage on the pitch. Some dodgy deal in south america for a 2nd division player doesn't give us an unfair advantage. Man City paying £80.000 a week of a world class players wages does ? just because we may have bent the rules, and i honestly dont even know if we have. My only reason for joining the forum was because i couldnt really understand while everyone was jumping on this QPR hearing as a way to gain promotion through yet another back door.It was 11 v 11 all season, a fair fight. And not wanting to piss anyone off but you finished 3rd.

The fact it's not illegal with the FAW is irrelevant because we've not done that.

Man City don't pay 80k. We pay 27k, Man City pay the balance of about 63k. I assume you're aware that IF we go up, we pay Man City the balance of Bellamy's wages for the full season, right?

Drop the bs - I couldn't care where we finish, what I care about is justice being meted out if you're found guilty - the same justice that should apply equally.

Because, not wanting to piss you off, but when your fans seem to believe that, even if you did cheat, you can afford to sue the FA into oblivion, speaks a lot about their integrity...

Thu May 05, 2011 9:21 pm

RFMH wrote:Have you joined the Swansea board?

Newport County?

Wrexham?

Colwyn Bay?

Or just us?

My thread was tongue in cheek, the moment we had any set up like that FA would demand a rule change and/or we join the FA simples. Quit moaning because you feel like you have something to moan about. You don't, go celebrate promotion like you ought to be. :ayatollah:

To be Fair the other teams in the FAW are skint and dont worry me as much as your mob lol.

Thu May 05, 2011 9:26 pm

nerd wrote:
Colin Warnock wrote:But even if you had it's not illegal with regards to the FAW, but the point of the argument with regards to a points deduction should be an unfair advantage on the pitch. Some dodgy deal in south america for a 2nd division player doesn't give us an unfair advantage. Man City paying £80.000 a week of a world class players wages does ? just because we may have bent the rules, and i honestly dont even know if we have. My only reason for joining the forum was because i couldnt really understand while everyone was jumping on this QPR hearing as a way to gain promotion through yet another back door.It was 11 v 11 all season, a fair fight. And not wanting to piss anyone off but you finished 3rd.

The fact it's not illegal with the FAW is irrelevant because we've not done that.

Man City don't pay 80k. We pay 27k, Man City pay the balance of about 63k. I assume you're aware that IF we go up, we pay Man City the balance of Bellamy's wages for the full season, right?

Drop the bs - I couldn't care where we finish, what I care about is justice being meted out if you're found guilty - the same justice that should apply equally.

Because, not wanting to piss you off, but when your fans seem to believe that, even if you did cheat, you can afford to sue the FA into oblivion, speaks a lot about their integrity...

Again i wouldnt call what i have read with regards to the Bellamy deal bs, AS I READ IT IN A RED TOP. where may i ask have you read that QPR will be liable to a points deduction IF found guilty ?

Thu May 05, 2011 9:30 pm

Colin Warnock wrote:Again i wouldnt call what i have read with regards to the Bellamy deal bs, AS I READ IT IN A RED TOP. where may i ask have you read that QPR will be liable to a points deduction IF found guilty ?

Read it in a red top, eh? Well, a certain red top claimed you'll face points deduction.

Besides, look at the charges faced. If found guilty of providing false documentation do you seriously think a points deduction wouldn't be an option? You don't need a high intellect and a pulse to work that out...

Thu May 05, 2011 9:37 pm

nerd wrote:
Colin Warnock wrote:Again i wouldnt call what i have read with regards to the Bellamy deal bs, AS I READ IT IN A RED TOP. where may i ask have you read that QPR will be liable to a points deduction IF found guilty ?

Read it in a red top, eh? Well, a certain red top claimed you'll face points deduction.

Besides, look at the charges faced. If found guilty of providing false documentation do you seriously think a points deduction wouldn't be an option? You don't need a high intellect and a pulse to work that out...

Fair point, because that is the only charge that i am worried about. But surely the person submitting those documents should be charged with fraud and then banned from the game, not the team, or the fans. because lets be honest you lads would hate every last Risdale document scrutinised. And at QPR we have our very own Risdale and his name is Paladini.

Thu May 05, 2011 9:39 pm

Colin Warnock wrote:
nerd wrote:

Fair point, because that is the only charge that i am worried about. But surely the person submitting those documents should be charged with fraud and then banned from the game, not the team, or the fans. because lets be honest you lads would hate every last Risdale document scrutinised. And at QPR we have our very own Risdale and his name is Paladini.

Yeah, Paladini seems an arsehole. But he's acting as an agent of the club, representing the club. Can't punish one and not the other, both or nothing.

Thu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm

Colin Warnock wrote:
nerd wrote:

That is a good point, you have to wonder how reptiles like Paladini and Ridsdale are allowed to serve in football administration positions.

I tell you what if some how both were banned for life I would be happy to wave QPR through to the Premier.