Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So what do we do about the Burnley game now

Thu May 05, 2011 7:16 pm

So if QPR are not found guilty of anything on Monday, this Saturday's game is a non event, in fact one game i wouldn't mind us losing.

Scenario (1)
QPR are not guilty of anything and we lose to Burnley and Swansea beat Sheffield Utd. Well then we face Reading and in my opinion I fancy our chances against Reading more than I do against Forest. So in this scenario losing against Burnley would be a positive.

Scenario (2)
We rest key players (like we did last year against Derby) lose to Burnley and then QPR are docked enough points the following Monday enabling Swansea go up. In this scenario losing to Burnley would be bad.

So i guess we have to go for the win just incase.

But imagine this, whilst going for the win (with our full strength first team) on Saturday, Bellamy gets injured. QPR are not docked points on Monday, Bellamy is out of the playoffs. Obviously risking him or anyone else in a non event game would ordinarily be madness but what do we do. I know Stan and others are 100% confident that QPR have not broken any rules and that maybe the case but how stupid would we look if we lose on Saturday by resting a few and QPR are docked points. What a mess.

Delaying this decision is not fair on Cardiff or Swansea, even if the decision is that QPR are not docked points we just need to know before the games kick off on Saturday. From what I am hearing the FA have been well and truly turned over but so what, just admit it and we can all move on and plan our playoff strategy.

Re: So what do we do about the Burnley game now

Thu May 05, 2011 7:17 pm

Win :lol:

Thu May 05, 2011 7:18 pm

win :ayatollah:

Thu May 05, 2011 7:28 pm

We finish 3rd and go into the playoffs and show no fear We are best of that bunch and we must show it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 05, 2011 7:29 pm

yes while all along reading rest players and laugh their heads off at all the drama!

Thu May 05, 2011 7:32 pm

Turn up, win & forget about QPR would be my advice.

QPR's case will not help you. You have enough in the armoury to win the play offs just apply yourselves correctly & you will leave the rest for dust.

Simple tings!

Thu May 05, 2011 7:34 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Turn up, win & forget about QPR would be my advice.

QPR's case will not help you. You have enough in the armoury to win the play offs just apply yourselves correctly & you will leave the rest for dust.

Simple tings!

Do u wanna mangers job at Cardiff Stan????? :D :D

Thu May 05, 2011 7:36 pm

carlccfc wrote:win :ayatollah:

end-of,3 points :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 05, 2011 7:37 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:

Simple tings!

Do u wanna mangers job at Cardiff Stan????? :D :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu May 05, 2011 8:14 pm

Simple tings!

Stan, I dont know why, but I just don't fancy forest in the playoffs, Billy Davies will out fox Dave Jones like Mowbray did on Monday, could all be over in the semis. I wish I had more confidence in Dave Jones :lol:

I guess you just got to take what comes at you, I hope our experience last year will help us this year.

Thu May 05, 2011 8:16 pm

skywalker wrote:

Simple tings!

Stan, I dont know why, but I just don't fancy forest in the playoffs, Billy Davies will out fox Dave Jones like Mowbray did on Monday, could all be over in the semis. I wish I had more confidence in Dave Jones :lol:

I guess you just got to take what comes at you, I hope our experience last year will help us this year.

I agree in a way Sky, Forest have under achieved and are capable of beating anyone in the division on there day but what I'm saying is you boys have a mega good squad & especially front line, you can do them.

Thu May 05, 2011 8:23 pm

Play like its our cup final.

Should do this for every game anyway, but there is a POSSIBILITY we could go up if we win, that should be enough.

If not we are owed a performance after Monday.

We can deal with the play-offs when they start.

Thu May 05, 2011 8:45 pm

Win on saturday and dont worry about forest. Billy Davies will bottle it and his young players like they did in last year's playoffs.
:ayatollah: