Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: "The Real Reason Why The FA Had To Make Todays Statement"

Fri May 06, 2011 1:53 pm

Stan, not being funny or anything but even BBC's Matt Slater said anything can happen. He has tweeted saying it could end up being anything from a relegation to an apology from the FA. Now given the FA are a ruthless organisation who will try to save face whatever the circumstances, an apology from them after all this time is very unlikely.

Also, if QPR really were in the clear then the FL wouldn't have made a statement today saying 'they cannot confirm whether the Championship trophy will be at Loftus Road on Saturday'. That alone leads me to believe there is a lot more evidence to look through over the weekend before coming to a decision.

I'm not getting my hopes up that you'll get points deducted because to put it quite bluntly we have more important things to focus on like the playoffs and if you do get points deducted and we beat Burnley Saturday then going up automatically is just a bonus.

However, your constant reports that you've been informed are basically not backed up. Those 4 members making up the decision are not allowed to discuss what evidence has been put in front of them and if they do it'll cause massive problems with the credibility of the case. Any other person is just speculating massively, just as a spokesperson from westminster said yesterday.

Also, any charges brought on Paladini will be made against the club. He made the decisions on behalf of the club so it is the club that faces the sanctions if QPR are found guilty. Paladini may be in a massive mess himself and I guess so by his 'the sky is blue' comments but QPR will also be in the mess with him.

I've had texts telling me from what I claim is a 100% reliable source that QPR are just loading the FA with more paperwork to drag the case out until after the final fixtures are played. It's all just hearsay and at the moment there are a lot of people out there claiming to be the superstar who is 'in the know'. Its rather pathetic.
Last edited by Bloobirds101 on Fri May 06, 2011 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 06, 2011 1:53 pm

Whatever, whatever, whatever............ "if's and but's".........I just hope the players just get on with the job they're paid to do tomorrow.

Win up there and it'll go some little way towards repaying us all back for that scandalous performance on monday.

C'mon City; to those going up have a good one :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 2:05 pm

Jamesbarnett

Of course you are free to believe or not believe as you wish that is you're prerogative mate but if you think info doesn't come out from this kind of thing you are naïve pal.

And to say itk wannabes or however you worded it is a little off, people do know people in a much better position to comment on things so when they pass it on in good faith it shouldn't be scoffed at its what message boards are all about.

Anyway must dash gotta get my nippers from school.

See y'all later.

Fri May 06, 2011 2:23 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Jamesbarnett

Of course you are free to believe or not believe as you wish that is you're prerogative mate but if you think info doesn't come out from this kind of thing you are naïve pal.

And to say itk wannabes or however you worded it is a little off, people do know people in a much better position to comment on things so when they pass it on in good faith it shouldn't be scoffed at its what message boards are all about.

Anyway must dash gotta get my nippers from school.

See y'all later.

Obviously things get out but the way you're banging on about it from a 100% reliable source is laughable. The only primary evidence is from those 4 members. They may view the case completely differently. Those working on behalf of QPR may think they're winning the case against the FA whilst behind closed doors the FA may be ready to come down hard on QPR. No one knows so stop speculating garbage. Info does come out but if you think its as reliable as you claim then you're the naive one in all honesty. Just wait for the verdict and stop running your gums based on chinese whispers.

Fri May 06, 2011 3:30 pm

Looks I was right then jimmy boy :lol:

Now SSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :lol:

Fri May 06, 2011 3:32 pm

Looks like I was right then jimmy boy :lol:

Been saying the same thing from day 1.

Good source see mush

Now SSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :lol:

Fri May 06, 2011 3:35 pm

right about what Stan?

Fri May 06, 2011 4:13 pm

The Football League have confirmed the trophy presentation for tomorrow Sat.

Like I said, the only argument now is regarding the legitamcy of a points deduction for next season.

seattle wrote:The FA's own rules do not permit them to deduct points for this season once the final round of matches have been played. It's in black and white (and downloadable as a pdf from the FA). The argument now is whether any deduction for next season would leave the door open to a successful appeal, since the events in question go back to before the rules (post Tevez) were changed. The irony is that Tevez played for Man U when his economic rights were still owned by a third party . A further complication is that in the EU (inc Wales, see below) payments to third parties do not contravene any national authority regulations, which may mean that an appeal against a points deduction for next season would be likely to succeed, since the rules are clearly prejudicial. That's assuming they are found guilty of anything.

Had Cardiff or Swansea (or Wrexham) done what QPR are alleged to have done, they would be totally in the clear since the 'economic rights' and third party ownership do not apply outside England, see the Guardian article (Thursday). Indeed Rangers did not contravene the league's own rules, it was only when the league checked with the FA that a problem was identified. It was Rangers who flagged the issue up in the first place.

I reckon the reason why the league have done a U-turn and decided to stick to the play off dates (and go ahead with the presentation of the trophy) is because they know that a championship points deduction is no longer an issue as far as the inquiry is concerned.

The villains of the piece - and architects of this mess - are the footballing authorities in England, with roots in the animosity between the Football League and the FA. And now of course we have the EPL in on the act. You couldn't make it up.

The Football League have confirmed the trophy presentation for tomorrow Sat.

Like I said, the only argument now is regarding the legitamcy of a points deduction for next season.

Fri May 06, 2011 4:18 pm

Not interested in qpr really but no club is accepted in PL until the FA agm is held in june, all promotions and relegations are ratified then, this case started before end of season therefore points can still be deducted.

Fri May 06, 2011 4:28 pm

sorry i did not see the verdict come back not guilty (any difference stan or is your head still stuck in the sand )if you want to see the verdict you will have to take your head out the sand :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 4:40 pm

Troobloo keep convincing yourself mate :lol:

Make the most of it the countdown is on fella. !!

Can't wait to read this board in 24 hours time. Should be interesting since according to most we were guilty before the hearing even took place :roll:

:ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 4:52 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Not interested in qpr really but no club is accepted in PL until the FA agm is held in june, all promotions and relegations are ratified then, this case started before end of season therefore points can still be deducted.

Not from the Championship they can't. The rules state it in black and white, they are downloadable from the FA. Any deduction for this championship season would have to take place before the final whistle tomorrow pm, thus any deduction would only apply to next season. That's why the trophy business is going ahead.

Interesting to hear (and see) Mark Pallios and The Sun frantically back pedalling, I just tried to have a few quid on QPR to be promoted as Champions - couldn't get on at any price, unlike 36 hours ago, last quoted price 1/12 ON. Pretty much tells you the whole story.

Fri May 06, 2011 5:05 pm

seattle wrote:
IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Not interested in qpr really but no club is accepted in PL until the FA agm is held in june, all promotions and relegations are ratified then, this case started before end of season therefore points can still be deducted.

Not from the Championship they can't. The rules state it in black and white, they are downloadable from the FA. Any deduction for this championship season would have to take place before the final whistle tomorrow pm, thus any deduction would only apply to next season. That's why the trophy business is going ahead.

Interesting to hear (and see) Mark Pallios and The Sun frantically back pedalling, I just tried to have a few quid on QPR to be promoted as Champions - couldn't get on at any price, unlike 36 hours ago, last quoted price 1/12 ON. Pretty much tells you the whole story.

Its not hard for the FA to demote them in this situation to basically enforce a points deduction. They'd then start in the championship next year. There are ways around that situation so they can take as long as they want.

As for the trophy being presented Stan, it means bugger all. Just ask Swindon fans what happened to them.

Fri May 06, 2011 5:05 pm

seattle wrote:

Just one small point has QPR paid £165,344 to the FL yet or are they planning to pay it before 12.45pm tomorrow or maybe at a later day. Better still has the FL accepted the payment :?:

Just Interested :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 5:09 pm

WWW.CONFUSED.COM :?

Fri May 06, 2011 5:14 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:http://WWW.CONFUSED.COM :?

Just trying to establish if these downloadable pdf documents have been reviewed by anyone who actually understands what their reading.

It will take more than Mark Clattenberg blowing his whistle for the last time tomorrow to draw a line under this situation.

Trust me I do understand these things ;) ;)

Fri May 06, 2011 6:08 pm

jamesbarnett91 wrote:
seattle wrote:

Its not hard for the FA to demote them in this situation to basically enforce a points deduction. They'd then start in the championship next year. There are ways around that situation so they can take as long as they want.

As for the trophy being presented Stan, it means bugger all. Just ask Swindon fans what happened to them.

Yea because the Swindon case is similar to QPR's isn't it!!

Deary me

Fri May 06, 2011 6:16 pm

I ALWAYS THOUGHT THE SEASON STARTED WITH THE CHARITY SHIELD AND ENDED WHEN THE LAST
COMPETIVE MATCH ENDED.I.E FA CUP OR PLAY OFF FINAL.

Fri May 06, 2011 6:19 pm

stickywicket wrote:I ALWAYS THOUGHT THE SEASON STARTED WITH THE CHARITY SHIELD AND ENDED WHEN THE LAST
COMPETIVE MATCH ENDED.I.E FA CUP OR PLAY OFF FINAL.

It's known as the playing season and basically the duration of a league competition has absolutely no effect on it, although league or cup competitions must be completed within the playing season.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 6:52 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Moon dress it up however you like it was you're words not mine that said you were cynical.

Talking about the honesty & integrity of justice is a completely different argument & absolutely nothing to do with things.

Of course if you pay for the best you expect results isn't that normal? Isn't that life? If I want to drive up & down the motorway on long slogs what will I buy? A nissan micra or a Range Rover?

Seems like people are starting to change they're tune now from oh you are guilty as sin to oh well its not ethical or honest.

IRC haven't the evidence you all thought they had, QPR's money has bought the best law men in the country & we are looking at a final result of

QPR-1
FA-0

As I said previously don't hate the player hate the game.

Stan, I'm not dressing it up buddy....I said "I'm just cynical about this sort of stuff...it's not always about who is right and who is wrong but about who is the cleverest fker!"

That's exactly what I said but you are choosing to twist it. I don't know why you need to do that. All it does is take us off the point and degrades the discussion into a schoolyard squabble.

Fri May 06, 2011 8:54 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
Yea because the Swindon case is similar to QPR's isn't it!!

Deary me

No one is comparing cases Stan, grow up please.

What I am saying is that there are ways for the FA to still take the championship off QPR so its not done and dusted yet.

Fri May 06, 2011 9:31 pm

Not without sufficient evidence their isn't no actually.

Going up as champions. Live with it James. You will have to earn your place just like we did.

Fri May 06, 2011 9:34 pm

My QC's too good for you, My QC's too good for you, My QC's too good for you, My QC's to good for you....

Now run along and lose your play off semi so your quality pro's can get back to doing what they do best

4am drink anyone?

Fri May 06, 2011 9:36 pm

Bernie Ecclestoney wrote:My QC's too good for you, My QC's too good for you, My QC's too good for you, My QC's to good for you....

Now run along and lose your play off semi so your quality pro's can get back to doing what they do best

4am drink anyone?

If I was really, really cruel I'd point out the guy whose name you've bastardised is in fact a Chelsea fan...

Fri May 06, 2011 9:40 pm

nerd wrote:
Bernie Ecclestoney wrote:My QC's too good for you, My QC's too good for you, My QC's too good for you, My QC's to good for you....

4am drink anyone?

If I was really, really cruel I'd point out the guy whose name you've bastardised is in fact a Chelsea fan...

I'm selling to Mallya, I'm selling to Mallya, which gives them billions of pounds and I'm an ageing dwarf
:old:

Fri May 06, 2011 9:56 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Troobloo keep convincing yourself mate :lol:

Make the most of it the countdown is on fella. !!

Can't wait to read this board in 24 hours time. Should be interesting since according to most we were guilty before the hearing even took place :roll:

:ayatollah:

Will you be back though, I thought it had all become too much for you so you were going away, as I said you would be back if you think it's good news, and wouldn't have if you thought it was bad !!!!

All along I thought you were going to get a load of points, but now I am not so sure, I think they would have done it by now, so maybe you will go up ???

Nothing personal but I foooking hope not :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 9:57 pm

Is that it? :lol:

So it did turn into a playground squabble then!

Fri May 06, 2011 10:13 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Not without sufficient evidence their isn't no actually.

Going up as champions. Live with it James. You will have to earn your place just like we did.

mate im not bothered in the slightest. I'm not the one snooping on rivals teams message boards am I? If you're not worried then why be here? Obviously on here to gloat when most of us couldn't care less about the outcome of this farcical hearing.

Fri May 06, 2011 10:17 pm

jamesbarnett91 wrote:

mate im not bothered in the slightest. I'm not the one snooping on rivals teams message boards am I? If you're not worried then why be here? Obviously on here to gloat when most of us couldn't care less about the outcome of this farcical hearing.

Couldn't care less about the outcome of the hearing? REALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :roll: :roll:

Out of your 12 posts all but 1 are about QPR.

Fri May 06, 2011 10:25 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
jamesbarnett91 wrote:

Couldn't care less about the outcome of the hearing? REALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :roll: :roll:

Out of your 12 posts all but 1 are about QPR.

no they're not because I've commented on Dave Jones letting the players out drinking as well so don't lie.

and no I don't care. whatever happens is a bonus if it turns out ok for us.