Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

cardiff blues and disable parking bays

Thu May 05, 2011 5:14 pm

went to the vale today to watch ccfc trianing, but could not park in any of the disabled parking bays(i do have a required blue badge to use them) as all the spaces were taken by cars of players and officials of cardiff blues ,none of the vehicles had blue badges ,what a disgrace!, good to see no one from ccfs was involved just those typical egg chasers .

Re: cardiff blues and disable parking bays

Thu May 05, 2011 5:43 pm

could imagine the uproar that would be all over the media if one of ccfc players or officials had done this

Thu May 05, 2011 5:48 pm

You do realise City players have done it before, eh?

Thu May 05, 2011 5:58 pm

no i did not tell me more

Thu May 05, 2011 5:59 pm

Chopra and I believe possibly Bothroyd down the Bay.

Think there was a few threads about it.

Thu May 05, 2011 6:31 pm

To be fair the parking you talk about is only for users of the Pavillion (being CCFC staff and CB staff). It's not a public parking facility. The only reason it's got disabled bays is because of the building regs when it was built. To my knowledge no one who uses the Pavillion uses a wheelchair or other apperatus that's required to help walking, apart from injured players etc. When a player is injured though he's hardly going to get a blue badge so that he doesn't have as far to go on crutches.

Thu May 05, 2011 6:53 pm

dont make exscuses disabled bay means for the use solely of blue badge holders only , you do not have to be in a wheel chair to be disabled, the main car park was not full ,those who parked there decided to ,as it was more convienient than having to walk an extra 5/10 yds it is typical of our society and it goes on where ever there is disabled bays (super markets /shopping precinct /liesure centres ,etc etc

Thu May 05, 2011 7:38 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:dont make exscuses disabled bay means for the use solely of blue badge holders only , you do not have to be in a wheel chair to be disabled, the main car park was not full ,those who parked there decided to ,as it was more convienient than having to walk an extra 5/10 yds it is typical of our society and it goes on where ever there is disabled bays (super markets /shopping precinct /liesure centres ,etc etc

So what you are saying is if someone breaks a leg and has full length plaster, he has to struggle along a lot further simply because he doesn't have a particular badge? Yet at the same time someone who has no problems walking, but has a badge, can park in those bays? Where's the common sense in that?

Thu May 05, 2011 7:40 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:dont make exscuses disabled bay means for the use solely of blue badge holders only , you do not have to be in a wheel chair to be disabled, the main car park was not full ,those who parked there decided to ,as it was more convienient than having to walk an extra 5/10 yds it is typical of our society and it goes on where ever there is disabled bays (super markets /shopping precinct /liesure centres ,etc etc

And as Berwyn has said, it's a private parking area, is it not?

Thu May 05, 2011 7:51 pm

Another question I would ask here, if you don't mind me asking. I'm not trying to be funny or anything but you've said you don't have a wheelchair or on crutches etc. The pavillion is quite a distance from the training pitch for disabled people to walk. What difference does it make to you under these circumstances where you park? When in fact the disabled bays are actually further away from the training pitch.

Thu May 05, 2011 8:31 pm

city players werent parked there. because they dont drink and drive :roll: :lol:

Thu May 05, 2011 9:03 pm

ninianblue wrote:city players werent parked there. because they dont drink and drive :roll: :lol:

f*cking brilliant Chief :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: