Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

It could be postponed because QPR are fucked...

Thu May 05, 2011 4:29 pm

A lot are saying the FA have bottled it and will deduct the minimum to let QPR go up, but it could also mean the opposite of this.
It may have to be postponed because QPR are set to be deducted a heavy amount of points, and as a result the FA are trying to sort out the consequences on the league.

I know I'm clutching on to straws here but f**k it, I might be right!

Re: It could be postponed because QPR are fucked...

Thu May 05, 2011 4:31 pm

Try exactly the opposite to that mate & you will be very close to the actual truth.

Thu May 05, 2011 4:33 pm

If QPR have been given the go ahead to lift the trophy on saturday then surely that speaks for itself. I think the main priority is to get back to winning ways on saturday which will also mean we will finish above the jacks and prepare ourselves for another nail biting playoffs!

Thu May 05, 2011 4:34 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Try exactly the opposite to that mate & you will be very close to the actual truth.

you dont know that
just like i dont know that

hence why the decision hasnt been made yet

all we can do is wait and see

Thu May 05, 2011 4:35 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Try exactly the opposite to that mate & you will be very close to the actual truth.

If its that simple, then why the delay?

Thu May 05, 2011 4:37 pm

STOP CLOUDING MY NON SENSICAL PREDICTIONS WITH LOGIC!

Thu May 05, 2011 4:40 pm

scott-ccfc

Funny how I said an hour and a half ago expect a statement, why would they're be one today? Lo & behold a statement comes out. ;)

As I say my source from day 1 is top notch.

The trophy is at Loftus Rd RIGHT NOW as we speak delivered via the FA! The case is falling apart all around them.

Watch them back track.

Thu May 05, 2011 4:44 pm

MyNameIsAled wrote:A lot are saying the FA have bottled it and will deduct the minimum to let QPR go up, but it could also mean the opposite of this.
It may have to be postponed because QPR are set to be deducted a heavy amount of points, and as a result the FA are trying to sort out the consequences on the league.

I know I'm clutching on to straws here but f**k it, I might be right!

You need to put the straws down Aled because I think this indicates that the FA case has likely collapsed and that is going to leave a lot of people with egg on their faces. Remember this is the flagship policy the FA have introduced to Clean Up the image of the sport and for me at it's first test it is going to fail.

What is going to happen here in my opinion and experience is the FA will want the IRC to find a small technical infringement of these regulations and then give a sanction which may result in QPR losing the League Championship but not promotion.

That way no likelyhood of any appeals and the FA can front out their position in what lets face it now looks a debacle. I could be wrong but I really don't think so. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 05, 2011 4:46 pm

if the trophy is there..well it says it all dont it,

Thu May 05, 2011 4:46 pm

Dont forget Stan a few years back Swindon won the play-off final ,won the trophy and then were demoted 2 leagues, changed to 1 on appeal, so having the trophy means nothing. p,s good to have you back on the MB :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 05, 2011 4:49 pm

blue nile wrote:Dont forget Stan a few years back Swindon won the play-off final ,won the trophy and then were demoted 2 leagues, changed to 1 on appeal, so having the trophy means nothing. p,s good to have you back on the MB :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thats good, didnt think of that :)

Thu May 05, 2011 4:52 pm

blue nile wrote:Dont forget Stan a few years back Swindon won the play-off final ,won the trophy and then were demoted 2 leagues, changed to 1 on appeal, so having the trophy means nothing. p,s good to have you back on the MB :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers blue.

Listen mate, the FA are backtracking big time. Castle blue is a man who can get answers I'm sure he will confirm this.

The trophy is at Loftus Rd delivered via the FA today. Forget the Swindon talk, not even remotely near that ball park.

Thu May 05, 2011 4:58 pm

Stan
The evidence is heard first.
Then the panel meets on it's own to discuss a verdict, much like a jury in a court case.
I would guess the FA tribunal have told the FA the case is too complicated to rush a decision.

Where it leaves Saturday’s matches is anyone’s guess.

If a decision is not reached then all teams who think they have anything to play for need to turn up on the day.
Our team included.

I would reiterate the Swindon case; they won a play off final and were still relegated.
Sunderland took their place.
I wouldn’t be surprised if a verdict is not reached until next week

Thu May 05, 2011 4:59 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:

Cheers blue.

Listen mate, the FA are backtracking big time. Castle blue is a man who can get answers I'm sure he will confirm this.

The trophy is at Loftus Rd delivered via the FA today. Forget the Swindon talk, not even remotely near that ball park.

Stan if you remember I said that a friend of mine had told me last week that the FA were concerned about the defence QPR had submitted in written evidence. I have just spoken to him and he hasn't got a clue what is going on at the moment but he agrees with me it looks like QPR have bound the FA Compliance Department up in their own RED TAPE.

He also thinks the FA may well be looking for a new head of the compliance department because heads will have to roll over this.

Right now the FA are a laughing stock should have let the FAW handle it at least the championship trophy would be in the CCS tonight. Only joking :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu May 05, 2011 5:03 pm

castleblue wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:

Cheers blue.

Stan if you remember I said that a friend of mine had told me last week that the FA were concerned about the defence QPR had submitted in written evidence. I have just spoken to him and he hasn't got a clue what is going on at the moment but he agrees with me it looks like QPR have bound the FA Compliance Department up in their own RED TAPE.

He also thinks the FA may well be looking for a new head of the compliance department because heads will have to roll over this.

Right now the FA are a laughing stock should have let the FAW handle it at least the championship trophy would be in the CCS tonight. Only joking :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So basically, it wouldn't be the case Stan makes out, QPR innocent and lovely... more that they are guilty as sin and exploited every technicality within the rule book, ie shitting all over the spirit of it?

Classy.

Thu May 05, 2011 5:03 pm

Just wondering. Where does this put the play offs?
If they aren't going to announce a decision until after Saturday (when the tickets go on sale), then we can only assume the teams who finish in the play offs will play in them.
But at the same time, if the cases is as bad as Stan QPR is making out, then delaying it does nothing.
Last edited by WelshBluebird on Thu May 05, 2011 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 05, 2011 5:04 pm

castleblue wrote:

Right now the FA are a laughing stock

Thank you castle & exactly as I heard it.

Word is the FA are shitting themselves.

Thu May 05, 2011 5:07 pm

[quote="nerd]

So basically, it wouldn't be the case Stan makes out, QPR innocent and lovely... more that they are guilty as sin and exploited every technicality within the rule book, ie shitting all over the spirit of it?

Classy.[/quote]

Poor for you mate. Very poor.

The FA brought this about & have now been shown to be the incompetent organisation many knew they already were.

Ian Mill is the guvnor & it seems as if he's earned his money.

Looking forward to you're response :D

Thu May 05, 2011 5:08 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
castleblue wrote:

Right now the FA are a laughing stock

Thank you castle & exactly as I heard it.

Word is the FA are shitting themselves.

Exactly as you heard it...

When precisely did you hear that?

Seems odd you'd fail to post that as soon as you heard it, just conveniently waiting for someone else to mention it.

Word is QPR are spinning the FA are shitting themselves as a false act of bravado...

Thu May 05, 2011 5:09 pm

Good luck to QPR they deserve promotion, cause they have professional players who want to get to the premier league unlike our players who want to piss it up and gamble.

Thu May 05, 2011 5:10 pm

Nerd think you need to look back at my posts from hours ago before all this came about. Carl & Annis who I respect as people of integrity know my source I have no wish to inform you who that may be.

You are clearly fuming this is all unravelling in QPR's favour & all I can do is :lol: :lol: :lol: at you.

Sometimes you just have to put your hands up & say oh well I was wrong!

Thu May 05, 2011 5:16 pm

nerd wrote:
castleblue wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:
Cheers blue.

Classy.

Not at all what I'm saying is that it may be the FA who are looking for something to save face and that doesn't mean QPR have done anything other than put up a better defence than the FA have a procescution.

Anyway my friend is calling around the grapevine at the moment to try and get some information but it appears the IRC are now looking at all the evidence deciding on if the allegations have been proven or not. Keep an eye out tomorrow for anyone from the club arriving at Wembley because if the IRC find any of these charges proven the club have the right to put forward any mitigating circumstances.

If you see any representative of QPR at Wembley tomorrow its bad news see no one and they are home free. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 05, 2011 5:19 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Nerd think you need to look back at my posts from hours ago before all this came about. Carl & Annis who I respect as people of integrity know my source I have no wish to inform you who that may be.

You are clearly fuming this is all unravelling in QPR's favour & all I can do is :lol: :lol: :lol: at you.

Clearly fuming? Doesn't bother me - we blew our chance.

I've always stated if found guilty, then there needs to be an appropriate punishment. You're the one whooping and ho9llering like an American the other day!

Still don't know who Paul Smith is? because he's where most of QPR's info is coming from...

Thu May 05, 2011 5:22 pm

nerd wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:Nerd think you need to look back at my posts from hours ago before all this came about. Carl & Annis who I respect as people of integrity know my source I have no wish to inform you who that may be.

Clearly fuming? Doesn't bother me - we blew our chance.

I've always stated if found guilty, then there needs to be an appropriate punishment. You're the one whooping and ho9llering like an American the other day!

Still don't know who Paul Smith is? because he's where most of QPR's info is coming from...

haha don't bite mate I'm only teasing. Hollering the other day, seems I was right though eh ;)

Paul smith? still baffled please inform me. If you are good chums with carl or annis im sure they will tell you who I know. Don't wish to advertise it on here for obvious reasons.

Thu May 05, 2011 5:25 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Paul smith? still baffled please inform me. If you are good chums with carl or annis im sure they will tell you who I know. Don't wish to advertise it on here for obvious reasons.

Paul Smith is the Sunday Mirror football head honcho; on twitter he's routinely updating everyone with the "TRUTH". Which has been dispersed by many QPR fans because it's favourable to them.

Smith in a now forgotten tweet revealed he gets his info from your legal team - as he's mates with one of them.

So for all the comments about the FA allegedly leaking info ( farcical ) seems your mob are the ones really doing it...

Thu May 05, 2011 6:20 pm

Paul Smith

aka Smudge1962 on twitter http://twitter.com/smudge1962

Timeline Tweets:

Someone inside the hearing has described the FA's case against QPR as a complete joke.

If the sentencing relates to the evidence against QPR then they will be fine.

Im not a QPR fan, and if you're from Cardiff - dont you need a passport to get into England (shows his arrogance)

Regarding the Mirror story on QPR. Its a logistical nightmare for the FL, which gives me more reason to believe the outcome will be positive.

The FL are in a right state over this, However they will put up a strong defence for QPR at the hearing when giving evidence.

The FA are not adhering to the time table so the case is dragging on.

I still remain confident given the case against QPR that the outcome should be positive.

If QPR are guilty already and the punishment was written in stone, what is the point of this hearing?

QPR update - No chance of a verdict today and at the moment looking increasingly likely tomorrow as well. (6 hrs ago)

Not sure where these rumours are eminating from the QPR are winning the case either.

IF they leave it til after the Leeds game the FA will be powerless to deduct points this season

I have maintained all along that I cannot see how the commission will punish QPR to the extent promotion is threatened.

I have been consistent all along from the outset and reporting what I know. The case against QPR is completely flawed but not won yet.

No one can second guess what penalty the commision will hand down to QPR but given the lack of evidence against them it should be minimal.

I can assure you Mark, that the FA have as much accepted that they can not take points off QPR after Saturdays game.

and that is SOME of his posts from the last 6 hrs.......

Thu May 05, 2011 6:25 pm

Also missed this corker.

"The lawyer defending the Championship leaders is a personal friend and he is very relaxed about the hearing next week."

Thu May 05, 2011 6:27 pm

nerd wrote:Also missed this corker.

"The lawyer defending the Championship leaders is a personal friend and he is very relaxed about the hearing next week."

:lol:

However the lawyers best mate and work colleague is on the other side of the desk, "Objection your honour!" ;)

Thu May 05, 2011 9:37 pm

Merlin wrote:
nerd wrote:Also missed this corker.

:lol:

However the lawyers best mate and work colleague is on the other side of the desk, "Objection your honour!" ;)

Barristers are self-employed.. no conflict of interest...

Thu May 05, 2011 9:47 pm

nerd wrote:

Classy.

Seen it before Nerd, West Ham United.