Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHY OUR PLAYERS ARE NOT BOTTLERS!!

Thu May 05, 2011 3:54 pm

Forgetting, for one moment, the fact that 3 of our players look to have been out the night before the game until 4am, and on a separate matter.... here's why i think that the team on the whole are NOT bottlers because of one loss to Middlesbrough after 7 games unbeaten...

Imagine for one moment, that the 3 Boro scorers just happened to mishit their shots and they flew wide... this would obviously be nothing to do with our players correct? Just that Boro players couldnt finish.

Then imagine that one of our penalty shouts had been given, scored.. and we won 1-0.

Our players would have done nothing different, performed no differently, made the same defensive errors as we did in the game, just without them leading to goals.

In winning, our players would then be classed as heroes for a hard fought win, and not bottlers, without actually doing anything differently.

But in fact, the 3 chances were finished granted, we lost, so how exactly does it make any sense at all that our players are bottlers?
THEY WERE SIMPLY OUTPERFORMED ON THE DAY, AND MIDDLESBROUGH TOOK THEIR CHANCES. IF THEY HADNT, AND WE'D HAD A MORE GENEROUS REF', THINGS WOULD THEN BE DIFFERENT AND WE WOULD NOT BE CALLING OUR PLAYERS BOTTLERS.

My point is that, how can what others do to influence the outcome of a game, mean our players are bottlers, when they wouldnt be if Boro had just missed their chances and the ref given us a pen.

You win some imporant games, you lose some. It DOES not make you bottlers if you have an off day sometimes and lose, when you win some other important games. (Swansea away this season, Leicester away in the playoffs last year) THIS IS FOOTBALL, GUYS!!!

Think about it....

Re: WHY OUR PLAYERS ARE NOT BOTTLERS!!

Thu May 05, 2011 4:05 pm

No they much prefer it in a pint Glass :lol: :lol: :lol: Like me :D

Thu May 05, 2011 9:14 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:No they much prefer it in a pint Glass :lol: :lol: :lol: Like me :D

ahhh i knew there was no point trying to avoid this whole subject :P

Thu May 05, 2011 9:23 pm

Good grief.

So, we'll completely ignore a prove history of bottling it when in good positions, in crunch games.

yeah, that's it, we're just unlucky....

Thu May 05, 2011 9:24 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:No they much prefer it in a pint Glass :lol: :lol: :lol: Like me :D

Steve, I was just going to say something similar :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 05, 2011 9:25 pm

Scott, we did not lose automatic promotion v Boro we lost it in March,Oct/Nov.
But Boro was a big game and our players were still hungover.

Thu May 05, 2011 9:36 pm

Nice one Nuckie ;)

It seems to me that the only player who wants this promotion is Bellers :ayatollah:

Has come from the Prem' League to help his home town club - NOT involed with any late night drinking of late - Been the main voice in the dreesing room - Been one,if not our best players in the last 2 months,after Rambo went back to Arsenal.

Thu May 05, 2011 9:38 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:

Nice one Nuckie ;)

It seems to me that the only player who wants this promotion is Bellers :ayatollah:

Has come from the Prem' League to help his home town club - NOT involed with any late night drinking of late - Been the main voice in the dreesing room - Been one,if not our best players in the last 2 months,after Rambo went back to Arsenal.

Bellers without a Doubt :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 1:02 am

scott_ccfc wrote:Forgetting, for one moment, the fact that 3 of our players look to have been out the night before the game until 4am, and on a separate matter.... here's why i think that the team on the whole are NOT bottlers because of one loss to Middlesbrough after 7 games unbeaten...

Imagine for one moment, that the 3 Boro scorers just happened to mishit their shots and they flew wide... this would obviously be nothing to do with our players correct? Just that Boro players couldnt finish.

Then imagine that one of our penalty shouts had been given, scored.. and we won 1-0.

Our players would have done nothing different, performed no differently, made the same defensive errors as we did in the game, just without them leading to goals.

In winning, our players would then be classed as heroes for a hard fought win, and not bottlers, without actually doing anything differently.

But in fact, the 3 chances were finished granted, we lost, so how exactly does it make any sense at all that our players are bottlers?
THEY WERE SIMPLY OUTPERFORMED ON THE DAY, AND MIDDLESBROUGH TOOK THEIR CHANCES. IF THEY HADNT, AND WE'D HAD A MORE GENEROUS REF', THINGS WOULD THEN BE DIFFERENT AND WE WOULD NOT BE CALLING OUR PLAYERS BOTTLERS.

My point is that, how can what others do to influence the outcome of a game, mean our players are bottlers, when they wouldnt be if Boro had just missed their chances and the ref given us a pen.

You win some imporant games, you lose some. It DOES not make you bottlers if you have an off day sometimes and lose, when you win some other important games. (Swansea away this season, Leicester away in the playoffs last year) THIS IS FOOTBALL, GUYS!!!

Think about it....

in your words this is one of the stupidest posts ive ever seen in my life

Fri May 06, 2011 8:27 am

scott what the hell are you saying.....all ifs.if we scored 5 we would have won,we didn't we were outplayed,showed no passion,like i said all ifs :old: