Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CARL CURTIS SPEAKS OUT IN THE ECHO and BUT WILL DJ LIKE THE

Thu May 05, 2011 1:21 pm

" CARL CURTIS SPEAKS OUT IN THE ECHO and BUT WILL DJ LIKE THE TRUTH "

Well Done Carl for finally speaking out against Dave Jones :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

link
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28638394/
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Here is the Non-Edited Version that Carl put in to the Echo :

Nobody could see that result against Middlesbrough coming on Monday evening, not even the most pessimistic of fans. It was a shock that shook each and every one of us in the stadium to the core. It was unexpected to say the least. I left the ground absolutely stunned. Where exactly had that performance from Cardiff City from?

For in the six games that preceded this game there was no suggestion that we could produce such a lacklustre performance such as that, defensively over the previous six we had been pretty solid. So what was it? Was it just a freak result or was there something more to it?

Prior to kick off there were rumours around the ground that some of players had been out drinking in Cardiff over the course of the weekend, my thoughts were that they were just that, rumours. But after the game and over the course of Tuesday those rumours were becoming more and more with people claiming to have seen some of our players out drinking and intoxicated less than 48 hours before kick-off against Middlesbrough.

Yesterday I woke up to find that National newspapers were talking about the conduct of Cardiff City players and reporting that some of our players were drinking in the run up to one of the biggest games in our history. National radio stations were claiming the very same yesterday evening and even had a club source to verify the story.

Why has our club not issued a statement denying the story if it is not true? I have seen our club deny stories far less damaging than this throughout the season but this time there is silence.

If these stories are true then I am disgusted and I will say it now, any of the players who may be involved are a disgrace to one of football’s longest suffering supporters yet loyal set of fans. We deserve more. We pay the money to come and watch a team of professional athletes and if it is the case then I feel cheated and sickened. Football players collect a fantastic wage and live a life of luxury whilst doing a job that they enjoy.

The majority of football fans work long, hard hours each week struggling to support families and make ends meet. Football is an outlet, it is a part of who we are, we feel connected to our club but hearing such stories of this, sends out a message to us that some of players simply do not care for the club nor the fans. I hope the club’s officials are able to get to the bottom of this matter and discipline each player involved. It must be said that it does not involve the whole squad but only a handful of them.

Another point that made me angry on Monday was the lap of honour the players done after the debacle that was Middlesbrough. The players came out on to the pitch after a length of time spent in the dressing room but where was our manager?

Dave Jones has built this team, these are his players, why on earth was he not leading the team out on to the pitch. It may be called a lap of honour but as of yet they have achieved nothing. Some of the players walked around the pitch as if they did not want to be there, understandable some people may think after the performance they had just given maybe some of them were embarrassed but maybe our football players and our manager should realise that there was an opportunity for them to thank us the fans for our support throughout the season and the years gone by.

We travel thousands of miles each season, we support them for 90 minutes each and every game, and we defend them when others may disrespect them but they seem to find it above them to thank us. For our manager not to have come out on to the pitch on Monday with the rest of the squad is indefensible. After the game on Monday I wrote on the message board that now was not the time to analyse and dissect the performance we witnessed but in light of these allegations of drinking prior to a league match then I think it is right that fans show the players and club how angry and let down we feel.

Our season has now been reduced to the play offs as opposed to possible automatic promotion on the last day of the season and the behaviour and conduct of some of our squad, I believe has had a major role in that.

Re: CARL CURTIS SPEAKS OUT IN THE ECHO and BUT WILL DJ LIKE THE

Thu May 05, 2011 1:27 pm

Well done Carl, good article, but what i find strange is Nathan Blake also saying he is "shocked" & "stunned" by the allegations???

Thu May 05, 2011 1:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" CARL CURTIS SPEAKS OUT IN THE ECHO and BUT WILL DJ LIKE THE TRUTH "

Well Done Carl for finally speaking out against Dave Jones :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

link
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28638394/
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Who cares what DJ thinks, he should get a grip of his undisciplined squad.

Thu May 05, 2011 2:50 pm

100 per cent correct Carl - FACT :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 05, 2011 2:56 pm

Well said Carl, good on ya!

Thu May 05, 2011 3:13 pm

GOOD CALL CARL :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 05, 2011 3:15 pm

I read this last night, good read, although it didn't have Carl's name attritubed to it at that time. :ayatollah:

Thu May 05, 2011 3:16 pm

Well done Carl for speaking out on the Middlesbourgh debacle, the players that were drinking before that game,and the pathetic stroll around the pitch after the match, which i actually stayed to watch, bout time someone give us fans a voice. So again well done Carl. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 05, 2011 3:55 pm

I think Carl was a little soft , I would have let them really have it with both fking barrels, If I only knew about this when I was down there on Tuesday and I was speaking to jay I would have told him what a prick he was, Running to the fans blowing kisses , only to fking stab them in the back, tw*t hope he fks off in the summer. I feel so let down I dont even want to go to the play offs Im so fking mad.

Thu May 05, 2011 4:42 pm

My piece was actually edited and I went much stronger than what was published I will put the full piece up shortly.

Thu May 05, 2011 5:27 pm

Excellent.
Sums up how I feel.

Thu May 05, 2011 5:30 pm

Nobody could see that result against Middlesbrough coming on Monday evening, not even the most pessimistic of fans. It was a shock that shook each and every one of us in the stadium to the core. It was unexpected to say the least. I left the ground absolutely stunned. Where exactly had that performance from Cardiff City from?

For in the six games that preceded this game there was no suggestion that we could produce such a lacklustre performance such as that, defensively over the previous six we had been pretty solid. So what was it? Was it just a freak result or was there something more to it?

Prior to kick off there were rumours around the ground that some of players had been out drinking in Cardiff over the course of the weekend, my thoughts were that they were just that, rumours. But after the game and over the course of Tuesday those rumours were becoming more and more with people claiming to have seen some of our players out drinking and intoxicated less than 48 hours before kick-off against Middlesbrough.

Yesterday I woke up to find that National newspapers were talking about the conduct of Cardiff City players and reporting that some of our players were drinking in the run up to one of the biggest games in our history. National radio stations were claiming the very same yesterday evening and even had a club source to verify the story.
Why has our club not issued a statement denying the story if it is not true? I have seen our club deny stories far less damaging than this throughout the season but this time there is silence.

If these stories are true then I am disgusted and I will say it now, any of the players who may be involved are a disgrace to one of football’s longest suffering supporters yet loyal set of fans. We deserve more. We pay the money to come and watch a team of professional athletes and if it is the case then I feel cheated and sickened. Football players collect a fantastic wage and live a life of luxury whilst doing a job that they enjoy.

The majority of football fans work long, hard hours each week struggling to support families and make ends meet. Football is an outlet, it is a part of who we are, we feel connected to our club but hearing such stories of this, sends out a message to us that some of players simply do not care for the club nor the fans. I hope the club’s officials are able to get to the bottom of this matter and discipline each player involved. It must be said that it does not involve the whole squad but only a handful of them.

Another point that made me angry on Monday was the lap of honour the players done after the debacle that was Middlesbrough. The players came out on to the pitch after a length of time spent in the dressing room but where was our manager?

Dave Jones has built this team, these are his players, why on earth was he not leading the team out on to the pitch. It may be called a lap of honour but as of yet they have achieved nothing. Some of the players walked around the pitch as if they did not want to be there, understandable some people may think after the performance they had just given maybe some of them were embarrassed but maybe our football players and our manager should realise that there was an opportunity for them to thank us the fans for our support throughout the season and the years gone by.

We travel thousands of miles each season, we support them for 90 minutes each and every game, and we defend them when others may disrespect them but they seem to find it above them to thank us. For our manager not to have come out on to the pitch on Monday with the rest of the squad is indefensible. After the game on Monday I wrote on the message board that now was not the time to analyse and dissect the performance we witnessed but in light of these allegations of drinking prior to a league match then I think it is right that fans show the players and club how angry and let down we feel.

Our season has now been reduced to the play offs as opposed to possible automatic promotion on the last day of the season and the behaviour and conduct of some of our squad, I believe has had a major role in that.

Thu May 05, 2011 6:16 pm

I like the non edited version, well said Carl.

Thu May 05, 2011 6:19 pm

Excellent Carl. I feel that article could actually unite a lot of us too. Despite our individual thoughts on things, you have identified strands that we all feel the same about and are seething about.

I actually felt sorry for Dave Jones following the drink revelations, but they way he treated us with contempt by not coming out to the fans is an attack on us fans. It almost feels as if he blames us, the fans.

Thu May 05, 2011 6:31 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Excellent Carl. I feel that article could actually unite a lot of us too. Despite our individual thoughts on things, you have identified strands that we all feel the same about and are seething about.

I actually felt sorry for Dave Jones following the drink revelations, but they way he treated us with contempt by not coming out to the fans is an attack on us fans. It almost feels as if he blames us, the fans.

Personally, i feel Dave Jones is part & parcell of this problem completely. far from feeling sorry for him, all i feel is utter contempt for the guy!

Thu May 05, 2011 6:35 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Excellent Carl. I feel that article could actually unite a lot of us too. Despite our individual thoughts on things, you have identified strands that we all feel the same about and are seething about.

Personally, i feel Dave Jones is part & parcell of this problem completely. far from feeling sorry for him, all i feel is utter contempt for the guy!

Believe me mate, I'm back to my old self when it comes to him. Any sympathy lasted no more than an hour

Thu May 05, 2011 6:36 pm

cracking post carl spoken from the heart wel done mate

Thu May 05, 2011 6:45 pm

perhaps now you will give me an apology for doubting my comments on here.

Thu May 05, 2011 6:55 pm

o dear carl and dave jones having a tiff-----whatever next :lol:

Thu May 05, 2011 7:04 pm

darboy wrote:perhaps now you will give me an apology for doubting my comments on here.

who do you wish to obtain an apology from ?

Thu May 05, 2011 7:18 pm

you have realized to sun doesnt shine out of dave jones arse at last :old:

Thu May 05, 2011 7:51 pm

excellant piece of writing totally spot on i actually feel as if ive had my say just by reading that! nice 1 carl

Thu May 05, 2011 8:40 pm

carlccfc wrote: After the game on Monday I wrote on the message board that now was not the time to analyse and dissect the performance we witnessed but in light of these allegations of drinking prior to a league match then I think it is right that fans show the players and club how angry and let down we feel.

Good on you for changing your mind in light of the new information about the players conduct.

Thu May 05, 2011 9:21 pm

nice one carl im glad they now know how we feel instead of hoping they read this board.

Thu May 05, 2011 9:28 pm

NICE POST CARL AND IT KNOCKS SPOTS OFF THE EDITED VERSION. IT WOULD OF CAUSED MORE OF A STIR IF YOUR UNEDITED VERSION WENT OUT. BUT FAIR PLAY SPOT ON MATE :D

Fri May 06, 2011 12:53 am

well said mate .

Fri May 06, 2011 7:38 am

carlccfc wrote:Nobody could see that result against Middlesbrough coming on Monday evening, not even the most pessimistic of fans. It was a shock that shook each and every one of us in the stadium to the core. It was unexpected to say the least. I left the ground absolutely stunned. Where exactly had that performance from Cardiff City from?

Carl, a pity the Echo had not edited your write up, Excellent Stuff :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

NOW GET BACK TO WRITING MY BOOK WITH ME :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 4:55 pm

Annis dont you mean Carl get back to the typing.while you dictate the script :lol: Oh and Annis no breaks for him as well :lol: , i want to read this book ASAP :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 06, 2011 8:00 pm

Cheers for all the comments, they are appreciated and I really hope I said what most of you were thinking.

Fri May 06, 2011 8:03 pm

carlccfc wrote:Cheers for all the comments, they are appreciated and I really hope I said what most of you were thinking.
very interesting read this week, i think you hit the spot, now lets hope those 11 tomorrow take notice :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: