Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " PETER RIDSDALE "

Fri May 06, 2011 10:17 am

EllBoy wrote:I certainly don't believe everything I read in the press but I assume the following is an accurate summary of why PR was in court yesterday:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28641894/

It says that Cardiff council want a trial to be held in a Crown Court. One of the charges is fraud, very serious stuff - possible prison sentence if found guilty in a Crown Court.

Apparently DJ was called as a witness. Does anyone else remember it being announced (on the official city web-site I think) that the idea of selling season tickets early to fund player purchases was DJ's in the first place? As I remember it it was stated that he went to the board with this idea which they agreed with - it came out later that the club was under a transfer embargo at the time and so couldn't use the money for its stated purpose - did DJ know this I wonder?

I guess that if/when this does go to court then the full story will come out - look forward to it with interest. :roll: :roll:

Yes you are correct it was annouced at the time that it was DJ's idea to commit season ticket monies to buying new players.

However, as you said he took his idea to the board and it was their responsibility to reject it on the grounds we were under a transfer embargo and therefore the GTS couldn't be marketed that way.

To me it would seem pointless of Ridsdale to blame DJ, as he wouldn't clear himself just implicate DJ as an accessory after the fact.

BTW if the CPS are looking for witnesses I would imagine an appeal on the radio would turn up around 10,000 or so...

Re: " PETER RIDSDALE " CROWN COURT ? GOLDEN TICKET SCAM

Fri May 06, 2011 10:22 am

Sorry for being dull here, am I taking it that the council are sueing him.........?

Fri May 06, 2011 10:25 am

RichardBluebird wrote:Sorry for being dull here, am I taking it that the council are sueing him.........?

no Trading Standards are Rich :)

Fri May 06, 2011 10:31 am

Vintage 63 wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:Sorry for being dull here, am I taking it that the council are sueing him.........?

no Trading Standards are Rich :)

Oh joy, they would take on such a case if they didnt think they had one. Porridge

Fri May 06, 2011 10:35 am

As said it's the Trading Standards, but they are not suing him they are prosecuting him.

Fri May 06, 2011 10:38 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

As said it's the Trading Standards, but they are not suing him they are prosecuting him.

going down going down going down ................ :lol:

Fri May 06, 2011 11:18 am

Interesting that it's the individual rather than the club being prosecuted.

All sorts of things could come out of the woodwork if this goes to trial.

Fri May 06, 2011 11:29 am

NJ73 wrote:Interesting that it's the individual rather than the club being prosecuted.

Such as player mortgages without board consent

Fri May 06, 2011 12:45 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
NJ73 wrote:Interesting that it's the individual rather than the club being prosecuted.

Such as player mortgages without board consent

he wont get done for that richard
at the time there was a 5 man board of which 2 were his own cronies and gave him a majority on all matters cardiff
he excluded whitley and borley from meetings because as he held the majority he felt he did not need to inform them of day to day trivial issue's like mortgaging players amongst other things like pay rises for managers etc allegedly

Fri May 06, 2011 9:51 pm

:old:

Ooops

Sat May 07, 2011 7:12 am

Bernie Ecclestoney wrote:

:old:

Ooops

What other little secrets does Paladini have?

Ooops.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:38 pm

If Ridsdale had been interviewed over the Weapons of Mass Destruction scandal it
might have gone something like this:

"I was convinced they were there, i acted in good faith, i did it for you, the people.
The cost of not finding any just HAD to be passed onto the people. It was not my
decision, my hands were ti......"

"Erm sorry Mr Ridsdale but I must bring you back to the free helicopter flights to and
from Yorkshire. The Chartered flights to the USA and Caribbean, the Aston Martin,
the restaurants, the corporate lunches, the £20,000 donation to eat with Obama...
all paid for out of the 'WMD Golden Missile Head' fund.... and who on earth is this
"Brigadier Sophie Ridsdale, Special Air Service Ret'd, Consultant to the WMD search
team. Days worked, erm... two?"..."renumerated to the value of £500,000???"

"Ah yes I can explain that, well I cant, cos its hush hush like!"

"Mr Ridsdale she listed her address as the same one as yours?"

"Ah, subterfuge see, its how they work see!"

"MISTER RISDALE.... I put it to you that you are guilty of fraud on a monumental
scale.. and who on EARTH is Osama Bin Ridsdale??"....."come back Mr Ridsdale, come back!!!""