Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" THE DRUMS MAY BE STARTING TO BEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

Thu May 05, 2011 11:19 am

Obviously could be totally wrong, but Betfair has now suspended betting on the Championship, Paddy Power has tweeted that they are paying out on QPR, being promoted and as champions and a local journo, Dave McIntyre, (twitter, davidmcintyre76), has just tweeted that the word is that QPR has achieved a massive win at the hearing. Dave is one of those journo's who sees it as it is and although a QPR supporter is extremely well balanced in his reporting. Paladini cannot stand him and had him banned once from Loftus Road! Wrote an excellent article the other day about the hearing and the run up to the hearing, I think the title was actually 'Tiger Feet II', read it to see how balanced it is. He has also confirmed that there is a mighty fine looking piece of silverware on it's way to Loftus Road. This seems to be backed up by a poster on a message board who works for an advertising/marketing company who deal with Norwich City. He has just been told by his Norwich City contact that they have just taken delivery of promotion bunting and runners-up medals. As I say, could be a load of cobblers, but there has also been a couple of other messages posted that seem to start putting the pieces of the jigsaw together.

Re: THE DRUMS MAY BE STARTING TO BEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thu May 05, 2011 11:24 am

DWQPR wrote:Obviously could be totally wrong, but Betfair has now suspended betting on the Championship, Paddy Power has tweeted that they are paying out on QPR, being promoted and as champions and a local journo, Dave McIntyre, (twitter, davidmcintyre76), has just tweeted that the word is that QPR has achieved a massive win at the hearing. Dave is one of those journo's who sees it as it is and although a QPR supporter is extremely well balanced in his reporting. Paladini cannot stand him and had him banned once from Loftus Road! Wrote an excellent article the other day about the hearing and the run up to the hearing, I think the title was actually 'Tiger Feet II', read it to see how balanced it is. He has also confirmed that there is a mighty fine looking piece of silverware on it's way to Loftus Road. This seems to be backed up by a poster on a message board who works for an advertising/marketing company who deal with Norwich City. He has just been told by his Norwich City contact that they have just taken delivery of promotion bunting and runners-up medals. As I say, could be a load of cobblers, but there has also been a couple of other messages posted that seem to start putting the pieces of the jigsaw together.

I hope this is true and on Saturday you can celebrate with the team and manager for a fantastic effort on the pitch this season. I think any true football fan will accept that if these allegations have not been proven there are no other worthy winners of the League Championship than QPR. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 05, 2011 11:38 am

Cheers Castle, obviously still need to wait and see. Here's still hoping that I can make another visit to the CCS next season for a league game. Might even venture into the Ninian for a pre-match pint!

Thu May 05, 2011 11:42 am

DWQPR wrote:Cheers Castle, obviously still need to wait and see. Here's still hoping that I can make another visit to the CCS next season for a league game. Might even venture into the Ninian for a pre-match pint!

I've always said the QPR were the class of the League this year but I have also advocated that the club should be punished if these allegations were proven. Nothing against the fans of QPR for me it's about right and wrong.

If QPR have faced these allegations and have seen them off then thats the end of it for me and without doubt the club are the worthy champions of this league, in every possible way. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 05, 2011 11:53 am

If true then well done QPR, but i really can't see the FL moving any trophies around the country before any announcement or letting any clubs know before any official statement has been released, would make them look very silly. As for bookies not taking bets on winner of championship, could quite as easily be they heard qpr have been deducted points and now they know norwich have won the league.....as for your local journo, well if your local journos are anything like ours you probably have been relegated to conference south :D :D :D

time will tell, but im on the same view as Castleblue

Thu May 05, 2011 12:40 pm

Good luck in the premier mate, we'll be joining you via the play offs, so see you next year for a beer or two, you deserve to go up. :ayatollah:

Thu May 05, 2011 12:49 pm

the best indication of whats about to happen is probably the fact that sky and bbc have chosen to show the battle for 6th place on saturday rather than ours and swansea's games......

Thu May 05, 2011 12:51 pm

Deano1 wrote:the best indication of whats about to happen is probably the fact that sky and bbc have chosen to show the battle for 6th place on saturday rather than ours and swansea's games......

Good point

Thu May 05, 2011 12:54 pm

Deano1 wrote:the best indication of whats about to happen is probably the fact that sky and bbc have chosen to show the battle for 6th place on saturday rather than ours and swansea's games......

That game was chosen before the hearing took place

Thu May 05, 2011 12:54 pm

All I can say is, QPR Were by Far the Best Team on the pitch in This Division and had the Best Manager in This Division, 7 promotions behind Neil Warnock. On the Pitch they Deserve to go up, whats been happening off the pitch is a different matter, I personally believe if people of the pitch have done wrong then they should be Banned from Football. If the Authorities take points of you and you dont go up and we do, of course I will take it, But in my opinion I will always say we did not go up on Merrit and never deserved to go up. Just my opinion.

Thu May 05, 2011 12:56 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:

exactly!

Re: " THE DRUMS MAY BE STARTING TO BEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

Thu May 05, 2011 1:01 pm

How come the player in question has been there all day waiting to give evidence.
Not long now and we'll all know the outcome,

Thu May 05, 2011 1:18 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:

Umm! the game was only chosen Tuesday night, the sky live football was showing "a championship game TBA :thumbup:

Thu May 05, 2011 2:01 pm

DWQPR wrote:Obviously could be totally wrong, but Betfair has now suspended betting on the Championship, Paddy Power has tweeted that they are paying out on QPR, being promoted and as champions and a local journo, Dave McIntyre, (twitter, davidmcintyre76), has just tweeted that the word is that QPR has achieved a massive win at the hearing. Dave is one of those journo's who sees it as it is and although a QPR supporter is extremely well balanced in his reporting. Paladini cannot stand him and had him banned once from Loftus Road! Wrote an excellent article the other day about the hearing and the run up to the hearing, I think the title was actually 'Tiger Feet II', read it to see how balanced it is. He has also confirmed that there is a mighty fine looking piece of silverware on it's way to Loftus Road. This seems to be backed up by a poster on a message board who works for an advertising/marketing company who deal with Norwich City. He has just been told by his Norwich City contact that they have just taken delivery of promotion bunting and runners-up medals. As I say, could be a load of cobblers, but there has also been a couple of other messages posted that seem to start putting the pieces of the jigsaw together.

Good luck to you QPR, you fully deserve promotion on merit. Tell Stan to get his arse back in here.

Thu May 05, 2011 2:25 pm

Hang on theres a whole day in court to go-- Surely theres more evidence to be heard , discussion and summing up.

No court case has ever been decide the day before it is due to end.

Also if Betfair are so sure that QPR are safe then they would have kept offering odds on Norwich and raked in some extra money

Thu May 05, 2011 2:36 pm

Mafor wrote:Hang on theres a whole day in court to go-- Surely theres more evidence to be heard , discussion and summing up.

No court case has ever been decide the day before it is due to end.

Also if Betfair are so sure that QPR are safe then they would have kept offering odds on Norwich and raked in some extra money

I think it was decided even before it started

Thu May 05, 2011 2:53 pm

Well Daya will we be throwing Pies at you ?

Thu May 05, 2011 2:55 pm

I've been following this pretty closely all day, the only solid bit of fact that appears to have come out is that QPR have been told that the playoffs will go ahead as normal "with or without them". I don't wish any miss fortune on QPR but on the other hand I would grab the opportunity for us with open arms. I do feel sympathy for the QPR fans and players that have to go through this though as they fully deserve to go up.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 79519.html?

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Footba ... onship/QPR

Thu May 05, 2011 3:09 pm

This does not signal their innocence on the matter as withthe case with Swindon years ago. It could be spelling more disaster for you as rather than a points deduction they could be looking to relegate you following your 'promotion'. Hence you would still win the league and as champions yet you would not be permitted to enter the Premiership and face a straight return to League 1 or the Championship (dependent on appeals). Its not over yet DWQPR. Integrity of the competition, results and finishing positions would still be upheld yet the promotion would not!

Thu May 05, 2011 4:03 pm

no decision before 4pm tomorrow
http://twitter.com/#!/OfficialQPR

Thu May 05, 2011 4:08 pm

I just read that on Dan Roans twitter, wonder whats going on?!

Thu May 05, 2011 4:17 pm

griffy wrote:I just read that on Dan Roans twitter, wonder whats going on?!

Maybe if they stopped playing drums we could have a verdict!!! :lol:

Thu May 05, 2011 4:18 pm

Dan Roan
@bbc_matt reports #QPR think decision now on Monday at earliest - will be given Champ'ship trophy on Saturday and "intend to celebrate"

Thu May 05, 2011 4:54 pm

Paul Smith did tweet last night on his update that the FA were not running to their schedule and were being blamed for this and it was felt that it was unlikely that a decision would be made before the scheduled time on Friday. Whatever the situation if you could gauranteed anybody to f**k anything up totally it would be the English FA! Any chance we could come and join your gang and apply to the FAW? :mrgreen:

Thu May 05, 2011 5:03 pm

no offence, but that guys a knob :lol:

Thu May 05, 2011 5:06 pm

griffy wrote:no offence, but that guys a knob :lol:

Lets face it, that is one of the major qualifications to being a journo nowadays! :mrgreen: but it seems he called that one right.

Thu May 05, 2011 5:40 pm

Its a disgrace.
Basically if you are a rich club you can get away with anything.

Scandalous.

Who are the biggest bottlers? Cardiff or the FA?

Thu May 05, 2011 7:58 pm

griff105 wrote:Its a disgrace.

Scandalous.

Agreed Griff !!!!

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:44 am

Bluebina wrote:
griff105 wrote:Its a disgrace.

Scandalous.

Agreed Griff !!!!

Fully agree, the right thoughts!!!