Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CARL / ANNIS - RE: PLAYERS ON THE PISS

Wed May 04, 2011 12:47 pm

Carl /Annis
i understand you guys have a line into Gethin Jenkins, if so i would suggest the following :
re: the article in the paper today about the players being out after player of the year awards / boozing (also hearing they were out on friday also some of them).

i) if the club does not deny that these reports are true then they should make an official statement apologising to fans that their players were out on Saturday night after being instructed to be home by 11pm.
ii) the club needs to make a statement as to what punishment will be dished out to the players in question.
iii) finally the club should offer to pay for coach travel to all those travelling up to Burnley this Saturday as a show of respect for the fans who are understandably very angry about what has happened.

In my view there is no discipline at the club and it falls on DJ's head, the club should start showing more respect to the fans and start distancing themselves from the manager and his staffs lack of control.

enough is enough

Re: CARL / ANNIS - RE: PLAYERS ON THE PISS

Wed May 04, 2011 12:54 pm

I feel our club has turned into the famous 'Harchester United'.

Money problems, Constant Drama and Binging Players doing everything but playing football !!!!

Wed May 04, 2011 1:10 pm

fog wrote:Carl /Annis
i understand you guys have a line into Gethin Jenkins, if so i would suggest the following :
re: the article in the paper today about the players being out after player of the year awards / boozing (also hearing they were out on friday also some of them).

i) if the club does not deny that these reports are true then they should make an official statement apologising to fans that their players were out on Saturday night after being instructed to be home by 11pm.
ii) the club needs to make a statement as to what punishment will be dished out to the players in question.
iii) finally the club should offer to pay for coach travel to all those travelling up to Burnley this Saturday as a show of respect for the fans who are understandably very angry about what has happened.

In my view there is no discipline at the club and it falls on DJ's head, the club should start showing more respect to the fans and start distancing themselves from the manager and his staffs lack of control.

enough is enough

If the reports in todays papers are true then the city players concerned should be sacked on the spot and have their contracts torn up in front of them!!!!!

Wed May 04, 2011 1:13 pm

cityone wrote:If the reports in todays papers are true then the city players concerned should be sacked on the spot and have their contracts torn up in front of them!!!!!

Problem is with so many loan players we can't do that :lol:

That said I get your point.

Wed May 04, 2011 1:16 pm

the club still has a contract with them even if they are on loan, a weeks wages fine and a public apology for those involved should ease the situation but something need to be said now

Wed May 04, 2011 1:19 pm

fog wrote:Carl /Annis

enough is enough

Theclub shouldnt pay for coaches, as far as im concerned the players involved should!

Wed May 04, 2011 1:27 pm

a few thoughts......any proof the players were out drinking late?....did the london based daily mail have a reporter in cardiff to witness the players out late?.....my guess is they got their story from forum and messageboards
another view is the story is true....does dave jones throw a fit 3 days before what could be our most important game of the year?.....

ps....west ham are paying the coach bill for 4500 fans going to wigan

Wed May 04, 2011 2:06 pm

I was shown pictures of certain City players out drinking, last week end should we say, taken on a mobile phone. I was shown these pics during half time on Monday. I was told one particular player was a "wine bar" regular, every night.

Wed May 04, 2011 2:16 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:I was shown pictures of certain City players out drinking, last week end should we say, taken on a mobile phone. I was shown these pics during half time on Monday. I was told one particular player was a "wine bar" regular, every night.

must be true then if you were "told"

Wed May 04, 2011 2:19 pm

coppler wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:I was shown pictures of certain City players out drinking, last week end should we say, taken on a mobile phone. I was shown these pics during half time on Monday. I was told one particular player was a "wine bar" regular, every night.

must be true then if you were "told"

Believe what you want, it will all come out in the "wash", sooner rather than later, i'm pretty sure of that!

Wed May 04, 2011 2:22 pm

What clown organised the awards night so close to such an important game :roll: