Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

peter whittingham?

Wed May 04, 2011 10:33 am

why is he in our squad hes to slow and negative.. we get a chance to counter attack and he either just stops or passes it across the pitch or back to defence.
we need a fast tricky winger on both sides of the field not a player who must be in the team just incase we get a free kick because he doesnt/cant do f**k all else...

Re: peter whittingham?

Wed May 04, 2011 10:36 am

I can honestly say if we got rid of everyone at the end of the season except for McNaughton and started again I wouldn't care less. I'd love to keep hold of Bellamy of course but that's not gonna happen.

Wed May 04, 2011 10:36 am

I don't think he's any good in 442,I think he d be better in 451 in between mid and striker,he's too slow for wingers and he's not defensive enough for 2 in centre mid.

Wed May 04, 2011 10:39 am

I think he's only in the team for his passing, to give him credit he does pick out some good passes at times.

Wed May 04, 2011 10:50 am

ngriffiths wrote:I don't think he's any good in 442,I think he d be better in 451 in between mid and striker,he's too slow for wingers and he's not defensive enough for 2 in centre mid.

Spot on mate, totally agree with that. He's a luxury we can rarely afford.

Wed May 04, 2011 11:00 am

ngriffiths wrote:I don't think he's any good in 442,I think he d be better in 451 in between mid and striker,he's too slow for wingers and he's not defensive enough for 2 in centre mid.

" Not defensive". Yet DJ had him playing fullback for part of monday's game. :?

Wed May 04, 2011 11:41 am

Zabier wrote:I can honestly say if we got rid of everyone at the end of the season except for McNaughton and started again I wouldn't care less. I'd love to keep hold of Bellamy of course but that's not gonna happen.

They are all on loan so most of them will be gone anyway......and jay to some club in the premiership,where he will (fall) back even more into his old ways and never be seen again.

Wed May 04, 2011 11:46 am

jinks-rct wrote:why is he in our squad hes to slow and negative.. we get a chance to counter attack and he either just stops or passes it across the pitch or back to defence.
we need a fast tricky winger on both sides of the field not a player who must be in the team just incase we get a free kick because he doesnt/cant do f**k all else...

one of the stupidest posts ive ever seen in my life

Wed May 04, 2011 11:46 am

Whitts can be awesome but generally goes missing!

Wed May 04, 2011 11:55 am

11 goals top midfield scorer in the team
10 assists second in the team only beaten by bellamy

I don't Know why hes so underated hes never going to be the tricky winger with pace hes probably the best passer of the ball we have and always dangerous around the box.He's the type of player which can win you a game.If your looking for a winger to critisise I think you need to look at burke he's done hardly anything all season!

Wed May 04, 2011 12:07 pm

gknighty89 wrote:11 goals top midfield scorer in the team

I don't Know why hes so underated hes never going to be the tricky winger with pace hes probably the best passer of the ball we have and always dangerous around the box.He's the type of player which can win you a game.If your looking for a winger to critisise I think you need to look at burke he's done hardly anything all season!

spot on mate

Wed May 04, 2011 12:11 pm

You must be watching a different Whittingham to me.

I think that he has been putting himself about a bit on the pitch. Going into tackles more this season.
He is the best passer of the ball we have.

If you want to critise someone that slows the play down just watch McPhail. Will only pass forward if it's on his left foot. Other than that it's back or sideways or even going around in circles.

And as for a winger, then Burkey has done bugger all most of the season. Loves him when he is taking players on and bursting forward, but that is way to rare this season.

For me, Whittingham has to stay.

Wed May 04, 2011 12:12 pm

Zabier wrote:I can honestly say if we got rid of everyone at the end of the season except for McNaughton and started again I wouldn't care less. I'd love to keep hold of Bellamy of course but that's not gonna happen.

Good call.

Wed May 04, 2011 12:12 pm

placid-casual wrote:Whitts can be awesome but generally goes missing!

Like every other bottling cont in the team.

Wed May 04, 2011 12:18 pm

KyleV wrote:

very mature

Wed May 04, 2011 12:23 pm

scott_ccfc wrote:
KyleV wrote:

very mature

I should hope so mate, I'm 36 :roll:

Yes Whitts sometimes goes missing, but do you honestly think that it's JUST him???

Wed May 04, 2011 12:24 pm

scott_ccfc wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:why is he in our squad hes to slow and negative.. we get a chance to counter attack and he either just stops or passes it across the pitch or back to defence.

one of the stupidest posts ive ever seen in my life

very mature

Wed May 04, 2011 12:26 pm

I honestly believe he would be awesome at left back. Him fedding bellamy on the left, macnaughton and burke on the right.
I'd then go with koumas and oilly in the middle,bothroyd and jay up top. Centerbacks being hudson and keinan.I would personally pick a fit marshall as number 1 but struggle to see who I wouls pick between our 3 other keepers. Possibly Bywater at the moment cos of his aerial presence

Wed May 04, 2011 12:28 pm

scott_ccfc wrote:
gknighty89 wrote:11 goals top midfield scorer in the team

spot on mate

whittingham needs a dog in midfield to win the ball for him and then let him stroke the ball around.
cant play whitts and mcphail in the same midfield in my opinion and i would rather have whittingham

Wed May 04, 2011 12:39 pm

For the large part of a game he's a body on the pitch doing nothing more than casting a shadow but does provide brilliance.

He's most certainly a valuable asset to the squad but if I were manager he's miles away from the first name on the team sheet.

If he was a distraction (like Bothroyd with his moaning) I would show him the door. But he seems to be a quiet lad and can't see him being on the highest wages at the club (although I may be wrong) so for me it's a no brainer that he is still here.

Wed May 04, 2011 1:12 pm

Yes Whitts sometimes goes missing, but do you honestly think that it's JUST him???[/quote]
no i just dont think our players our bottles, i just think we happened to have a lost a game to a team who were better than us on the day, doesnt make us bottlers, just means we were outplayed

im gutted, but it happens