Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CRAIG BELLAMY SIGNS UP AS PATRON OF FRED KEENOR APPEAL

Wed May 04, 2011 7:24 am

Press release from the statue appeal

The Fred Keenor Statue Appeal Committee is today delighted to announce that Craig Bellamy, the Cardiff City captain, has agreed to become a patron of the appeal committee.

David Craig, project manager for the appeal, said: “We’re really thrilled that Craig has signalled his support for our appeal by signing up as a patron. It is a huge boost for our fundraising efforts to have such a high profile footballer and a local lad backing the campaign.

“Fred Keenor was born in Cardiff and went on to captain his home town team and his country and that is exactly what Craig Bellamy has done. There could not be a more appropriate person to become a patron of the appeal.

“We’d like to thank Cardiff City Football Club and the Football Association of Wales for their support in this matter. It is great that the football community in Wales is pulling together to help make our statue campaign happen.

“We have some way to go to make the statue a reality but the backing of Craig Bellamy gives the fundraising a big kick in the right direction.”

The statue will cost £85,000. More than £47,500 has so far been raised and with more fundraising planned the total will rise further.

Craig Bellamy said: “Fred Keenor and the FA Cup winning team have an iconic place in Cardiff City’s football history and Fred also captained his country with distinction.

“I’m really delighted as a Cardiff lad to give my backing to the appeal and wish the fundraisers success in their efforts. I look forward to the day when Fred Keenor’s statue is standing proudly outside the Cardiff City Stadium.”

Donations to the appeal fund can be made through the Co-operative Bank:

Account name: – Fred Keenor Statue Fund or FKSF

Account no 65392368

Sort Code 08-92-99

Cheques can also be sent c/o CCST to PO Box 4254, Cardiff, CF14 8FD. Please add the words “Fred Keenor Appeal” on the top of the envelope.

Re: CRAIG BELLAMY SIGNS UP AS PATRON OF FRED KEENOR APPEAL

Wed May 04, 2011 7:30 am

Thats great news Mike ............ hopefully the profile will be raised and the cash flowing in soon to help complete the project :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 04, 2011 7:33 am

TOP MAN IS BELLERS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 04, 2011 7:35 am

Maybe CCFC should fine the players who were out on the piss Sunday night then donate ALL the money raised toward the statue appeal ? But ............. that wont happen will it :cry:

Wed May 04, 2011 7:38 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Maybe CCFC should fine the players who were out on the piss Sunday night then donate ALL the money raised toward the statue appeal ? But ............. that wont happen will it :cry:

Now that would be a great idea :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 04, 2011 7:44 am

Couldnt we ask the club to put an extra 1pound on top of all season tickets, so all fans that buy a season ticket give that 1 pound to the fund. If we sell say 17,000 seats that 17,000 more to the fund and lets face it who would miss a pound .
Or for the first game of next season have 1 or 2 people on every turn gate with a bucket so the fans can put 1 pound in it as they come in. Just a thought :ayatollah:

Wed May 04, 2011 7:48 am

Does anyone know how much still has to be raised to get the statue put up ???

Wed May 04, 2011 7:49 am

blue nile wrote:Does anyone know how much still has to be raised to get the statue put up ???

Forget that just seen the first post on the thread :oops: :D :ayatollah:

Wed May 04, 2011 7:58 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Maybe CCFC should fine the players who were out on the piss Sunday night then donate ALL the money raised toward the statue appeal ? But ............. that wont happen will it :cry:

Best idea ever posted on AAMB IMHO. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 04, 2011 8:06 am

This comes as no surprise with Craig being a top Cardiff lad. Well done Craig, you've joined the masses of us who have contributed to this. It's a shame the club isn't helping out more.

Wed May 04, 2011 8:40 am

Zabier wrote:This comes as no surprise with Craig being a top Cardiff lad. Well done Craig, you've joined the masses of us who have contributed to this. It's a shame the club isn't helping out more.

Totally agree about the club :ayatollah:

Wed May 04, 2011 10:57 am

I've not read all the responses but surely with the money Craig's on he could just pay for the thing himself? :lol:

Wed May 04, 2011 4:14 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 04, 2011 4:28 pm

Whitchurch Blue wrote:Press release from the statue appeal

The Fred Keenor Statue Appeal Committee is today delighted to announce that Craig Bellamy, the Cardiff City captain, has agreed to become a patron of the appeal committee.

David Craig, project manager for the appeal, said: “We’re really thrilled that Craig has signalled his support for our appeal by signing up as a patron. It is a huge boost for our fundraising efforts to have such a high profile footballer and a local lad backing the campaign.

“Fred Keenor was born in Cardiff and went on to captain his home town team and his country and that is exactly what Craig Bellamy has done. There could not be a more appropriate person to become a patron of the appeal.

“We’d like to thank Cardiff City Football Club and the Football Association of Wales for their support in this matter. It is great that the football community in Wales is pulling together to help make our statue campaign happen.

“We have some way to go to make the statue a reality but the backing of Craig Bellamy gives the fundraising a big kick in the right direction.”

The statue will cost £85,000. More than £47,500 has so far been raised and with more fundraising planned the total will rise further.

Craig Bellamy said: “Fred Keenor and the FA Cup winning team have an iconic place in Cardiff City’s football history and Fred also captained his country with distinction.

“I’m really delighted as a Cardiff lad to give my backing to the appeal and wish the fundraisers success in their efforts. I look forward to the day when Fred Keenor’s statue is standing proudly outside the Cardiff City Stadium.”

Donations to the appeal fund can be made through the Co-operative Bank:

Account name: – Fred Keenor Statue Fund or FKSF

Account no 65392368

Sort Code 08-92-99

Cheques can also be sent c/o CCST to PO Box 4254, Cardiff, CF14 8FD. Please add the words “Fred Keenor Appeal” on the top of the envelope.

85 K ya havin a bubble ffs? what's it going to be made from?

Wed May 04, 2011 5:55 pm

SCFC10 wrote:I've not read all the responses but surely with the money Craig's on he could just pay for the thing himself? :lol:

You do realise he commits a tremendous amount of money on his project in Sierra Leone.

Well done Bellamy :ayatollah:

Thu May 05, 2011 10:15 pm

chris_ccfc wrote:
SCFC10 wrote:I've not read all the responses but surely with the money Craig's on he could just pay for the thing himself? :lol:

You do realise he commits a tremendous amount of money on his project in Sierra Leone.

Well done Bellamy :ayatollah:

Yeah I'm aware of that I was only pissing about. :lol:

He's a good lad who speaks his mind unfortunately there are sad cunts in this world who go out looking to cause controversy with celebrities and sometimes he bites to it.

And in all fairness to him he's given me some of my favourite moments as a Wales fan, that 2-1 against the Italian's was one of the best nights of my life, Big John was class too Nesta & Cannavaro couldn't deal with him between them the referee kept giving bullshit "fouls" against him all night.