Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BBC debate about Cardiff City

Tue May 03, 2011 11:31 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... 3_05_2011/

go to one hour 16 minutes Big Gwyn is on

Re: BBC debate about Cardiff City

Tue May 03, 2011 11:36 pm

Is there anything about the Swans on there mate? I can't be arsed to listen to all 2 hours of it!

Tue May 03, 2011 11:41 pm

SCFC10 wrote:Is there anything about the Swans on there mate? I can't be arsed to listen to all 2 hours of it!

1hr 20ish....

big gwyn ccfc, and the head of your supporters trust scfc both chatting about promotion! :ayatollah:

Tue May 03, 2011 11:45 pm

milly44 wrote:
SCFC10 wrote:Is there anything about the Swans on there mate? I can't be arsed to listen to all 2 hours of it!

1hr 20ish....

big gwyn ccfc, and the head of your supporters trust scfc both chatting about promotion! :ayatollah:

Cheers mate, thanks a lot.

Tue May 03, 2011 11:52 pm

How often do they have these phone-in's are they a daily thing?

Tue May 03, 2011 11:58 pm

Christ they don't seem to like Dave Jones on there do they? :lol:

Wed May 04, 2011 6:45 am

the woman on there was the best coz she came on as a Swans fan then said that she was actually an Osprey rugby fan with no interest in football ............ she didnt even know who Sinclair and Borini were when questioned by Jason .......... oh this was priceless and Gwyn nearly laughed and Phil Sumbler must have been embarrassed :lol: :lol:

Wed May 04, 2011 7:11 am

That woman is class, she hasn't a clue :lol:

Wed May 04, 2011 7:43 am

I love how as soon as she said she's an ospreys fan and cant comment on anything but the results after that they cut her off :lol:

Wed May 04, 2011 10:10 am

griffy wrote:I love how as soon as she said she's an ospreys fan and cant comment on anything but the results after that they cut her off :lol:

Radio Gold :lol:

Wed May 04, 2011 12:09 pm

Listened to the whole phone in now and really is an interesting debate. I loved Gwyn's discription of football fans as 'bi-polar' high one minute down the next :lol:

I thought the caller named 'Matthew' was very interesting when he said that he had spent thousands of pounds sponsoring games and match balls only for Dave Jones to threaten not to send the players to the sponsors lounge if the was any critisim after a defeat.

In contrast to our dour manager apparently Brendan Rogers always tries to shake the hand of every player (home and away) after every game and he always acknowledges the crowd to.

There was also a revelation that Steve Claridge had predicted we would lose 2 or 3 nil to Boro' 2 days before the game because he thinks we are bottlers.

Whilst the debate was supposed to have been about who deserved promotion more (Cardiff or Swansea) I think the actual outcome was a debate about whether the real problem at Cardiff is Dave Jones.

Wed May 04, 2011 12:34 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:the woman on there was the best coz she came on as a Swans fan then said that she was actually an Osprey rugby fan with no interest in football ............ she didnt even know who Sinclair and Borini were when questioned by Jason .......... oh this was priceless and Gwyn nearly laughed and Phil Sumbler must have been embarrassed :lol: :lol:

Aye that was hilarious fair play. I was pissing myself. :lol:

Wed May 04, 2011 12:40 pm

BBC Wales rang me about a survey a couple of weeks ago.
They asked me what I disliked most.
I said the midday phone in.
Totally pointless debates with the same people on all the time.
I agree with The Jack who said can't be arsed to listen to it