Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: RIGHT THEN A TEST FOR YOU ALL

Wed May 04, 2011 8:29 am

Well I'm stunned that David Dein and John Ryan are 2 members of this panel how on earth anyone could possibly think that QPR could have a fair hearing when the Chairman of a club competing in the same league as the defending club is sitting in judgement.

In all my years of football administration where these potential conflicts occur people with the conflict are excused from the hearing before it starts and remain excused until the matter is settled. Mr Ryan has for sometime been the subject of messageboard chat about his views on this matter and I simply cannot believe the FA would commit such a basic act of stupidity because QPR would have a strong case of appeal because of a potential conflict of interest.

David Dein is another strange one but more believeable however again ALL panel members are required to declare any potential conflict of interest which does include personal friendships. Mr Dein is a vastly experienced Football Administrator and an excellent choice for this but if he has a personal friendship with the mighty midget he would excuse himself surely.

As for Alan Shearer I really hope he is a member because he is a football man to his very core, Alan knows the difference between right and wrong and will apply himself to this process as he has acted throughout his career with dignity, honesty and professionalism. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 04, 2011 8:30 am

alan shearer.....ha ha.....no way on earth

Wed May 04, 2011 8:32 am

I thought that the hearing was going to be judged by an independent non football QC ???

Wed May 04, 2011 8:41 am

sorry carl my bag the wording states
A four-man panel will comprise an independent QC, two from the FA's disciplinary panel and a football expert who will be either a former player or boss.
disciplinary panel not council

Wed May 04, 2011 8:55 am

Vintage 63 wrote:I thought that the hearing was going to be judged by an independent non football QC ???

IRC Panels are normally made up of 4 members however the Chairman is nearly always a QC drawn from a list of experienced QC the FA use. A good example is that the QC defending QPR Mr Ian Mill has been used by the FA before he was the Chairman of the IRC Appeal hearing against Rio Ferdinands 8 month ban for missing a drugs test.

Normally but not always 2 other members are drawn from the FA Council members who are listed as members of the regulatory panel. David Ellery ex PL referee is now an FA Council Member for Independant Schools and also a member of the regulatory panel I actually expected that he would be a member but it appears he is not. The 4th and final member is an experienced football person ex player, manager, club chairman etc.

Normally the FA post a statement on their website stating the hearing has started and you would notice of at least who the QC is but on this occasion they haven't done that. A clear sign they are trying to keep a ld on this case until Friday.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 04, 2011 9:30 am

The IRC will judge on the guilt or innocence of QPR, not the punishment the FA will decide that.The QC will guide whoever the other panel members are, and the QC will have the last word legally.

Wed May 04, 2011 9:46 am

who are the 8 members of the FA's disciplinary panel ?
are paul elliot and gordon milne still on the panel ?

Wed May 04, 2011 9:54 am

Shearer followed up his earlier comment with "wey aye hinny, ah am totally against anyone cheatin the rules as queens wreck rangers appeor tuh hev done. ah just said that tuh wor john on the panel. if it wur ma beloved Toon Army in third place then i'd be spittin feathers. we're aaal off doon the brothel lator on tuh see sum ladies iv the neet"

Wed May 04, 2011 1:31 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:who are the 8 members of the FA's disciplinary panel ?
are paul elliot and gordon milne still on the panel ?

The 8 members of the panel are made up of the 4 representatives of the National Game and 4 Representatives of the Professional Game. There are 4 other Non Council Members who are selected by the 8 panel members.

The National Game Representatives are; Mr Barry Bright,(Kent County FA) Mr David Edmunds (Chesire County FA), Mr David Elleray (Independant Schools), Mr Richard Tur (Oxford University).

The Professional Games Representatives are; Mr Robert Coar (Blackburn Rovers),Mr David Barnard (Chelsea FC), Mr Maurice Lindsey (Preston North End), Mr Anthony Kleanthous.(Barnet FC)

I have no idea who the 4 non members are but the FA Consitution requires they should have Legal, Financial or Sporting expertise to be considered competent to be members of the regulatory panel.

Each panel should consist of a Chairman normally a QC appointed by the FA plus one member from the National Game Panel, one member from the Professional Game Panel and one member from the 4 non council members. Looking at the names I would have thought Mr Maurice Lindsey would be excused because of his links to Preston North End but thats just my opinion.

Other than that it would appear impossible to pass the test Carl has placed before us because it would not be possible for Mr David Dean, Mr John Ryan and Alan Shearer to all be on the panel, that would be against the consitution of the FA Council :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: