Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Request for Images

Tue May 03, 2011 7:25 pm

Good evening Cardiff fans - I'll keep it short & sweet.

I'm requesting images of Cardiff's days gone by. These images are crowd related - from the days when terraces were about. As you can guess from the username I'm talking about pre-all seater pre-Premier League days. Big gates, away days, memorable events, no one there, anything. Any quality & size - any content.

The images may be posted to a blog, so if you don't want them reposting then it's probably best not to contribute. I won't edit or alter or re-use them in any way apart from the posting to a blog. If you'd like any credit just say and provide a name and I'll be happy to do so.

I'm asking all league & non league clubs the same request and you can add whatever you want. The hope is to garner a large collection of old photographs of football from a different period and re-post them to a dedicated blog.

I'm a Huddersfield Town fan and we started a thread like this a year or so ago and the results were amazing. We had floods of fantastic images that generated so much interest, then everyone came out of the woodwork and began reminiscing back to the halcyon days of Leeds Road and some great stories were told. I'm hoping to take it a bit further and collate images from all clubs so that they can be placed in one place for all to see.

If you'd like to add a story to an image of selection of them feel free to.

This is my first try so I'm unsure as to how it will turn out but I hope you come and contribute.

Many thanks in advance.

Re: Request for Images

Tue May 03, 2011 8:28 pm

Fair play thats cracking :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 03, 2011 9:14 pm

Here's a few mate, all promotion clinching celebrations at Ninian Park (various years):

ninian1a.jpg

ninian3a.jpg

ninian5c.jpg

ninian1.jpg

ninian3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue May 03, 2011 9:16 pm

SUPERB :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

SOME GREAT PHOTOS IN CARDIFF CITY FANS THROUGH THE YEARS
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/ :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 03, 2011 9:17 pm

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/

Tue May 03, 2011 9:21 pm

Some great pics there, thanks.

The blog is antimodernfootball@tumblr.com

Still in its complete infancy but hope to get it updated with more football club's pic shortly.

Tue May 03, 2011 9:24 pm

carlccfc wrote:http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/

:lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 03, 2011 9:40 pm

various of last days of ninian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue May 03, 2011 9:40 pm

grangend etc

Tue May 03, 2011 9:42 pm

oops ccfc ajax

Tue May 03, 2011 9:46 pm

bobbank 2008

Tue May 03, 2011 9:48 pm

Grangend 2008

Tue May 03, 2011 10:01 pm

Oooh man, I really miss Ninian Park!
:(