Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" The atmosphere in the Ninian Stand "

Tue May 03, 2011 5:13 pm

It has been awesome for the last couple of games, QPR and Boro. Before that it was poor. Now I know the attendances for those 2 games have been above average so should help the atmosphere but I dont think that is the main reason. In my opinion the real reason behind it is the fact we have been allowed to stand all the way through the game.

I thought this was against stadium policy yet I noticed Ravenelli speaking to Annis and gang during the QPR match instead of walking up and down ordering people to sit. What is going on?

Re: " The atmosphere in the Ninian Stand "

Tue May 03, 2011 5:21 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:It has been awesome for the last couple of games, QPR and Boro. Before that it was poor. Now I know the attendances for those 2 games have been above average so should help the atmosphere but I dont think that is the main reason. In my opinion the real reason behind it is the fact we have been allowed to stand all the way through the game.

I thought this was against stadium policy yet I noticed Ravenelli speaking to Annis and gang during the QPR match instead of walking up and down ordering people to sit. What is going on?

Ian,

LAST SEASON I was contacted by Wayne Nash and asked before the Leicester game to promote on our site about getting the Atmosphere going and for our fans to be hostile to the Leicester players and that there would be no probs with standing for that game.
Hmm then this season they've been on our backs again.Then Suddenly the last 3 home games Pompey/QPR and Boro theyve Turned a blind eye again. I asked the Stewards yesterday to make up their minds, they laughed and said We only tell you to sit down when them up above tell us, but lately they havent asked us to .

In My Opinion, you cant change the rules one week and then change them back as this is when fans will then turn on the people telling them.

Tue May 03, 2011 6:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:It has been awesome for the last couple of games, QPR and Boro. Before that it was poor. Now I know the attendances for those 2 games have been above average so should help the atmosphere but I dont think that is the main reason. In my opinion the real reason behind it is the fact we have been allowed to stand all the way through the game.

Ian,

LAST SEASON I was contacted by Wayne Nash and asked before the Leicester game to promote on our site about getting the Atmosphere going and for our fans to be hostile to the Leicester players and that there would be no probs with standing for that game.
Hmm then this season they've been on our backs again.Then Suddenly the last 3 home games Pompey/QPR and Boro theyve Turned a blind eye again. I asked the Stewards yesterday to make up their minds, they laughed and said We only tell you to sit down when them up above tell us, but lately they havent asked us to .

In My Opinion, you cant change the rules one week and then change them back as this is when fans will then turn on the people telling them.

This is one of the biggest problem at our club at the moment, too many individuals with there own agenda trying to run things & changing the rules when ever it suits. This club is going nowhere untill EVERYONE, supporters & club officials all pull in the same direction. We can learn alot from Norwich.

Tue May 03, 2011 6:34 pm

Imagine if we had that atmosphere all season. I hope the club realise that their agenda may have cost us dearly.

Hopefully they will learn from it. Not too much to ask now, is it, with the money some individuals are on.

Tue May 03, 2011 9:13 pm

this season hasn't intirely been focused on the football, it's been about the atmopshere and the fans which is a let down considering we have brilliant support imo.
i was speaking to adam at half time and we both mentioned how fans were turning on eachother during the first half.
although some of the reasons for this may have been because of the performance, where i was sitting it was also because of the standing situation. we need to know where we all stand on this subject.
:D

Tue May 03, 2011 10:17 pm

lewis91 wrote: we need to know where we all stand on this subject.

How long did it take you to think of this? :P

Tue May 03, 2011 10:19 pm

Richie wrote:
lewis91 wrote: we need to know where we all stand on this subject.

How long did it take you to think of this? :P

He has a point though. We should not take this sitting down.

Tue May 03, 2011 10:26 pm

Bloody hell their all at it! :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 04, 2011 8:05 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:This is one of the biggest problem at our club at the moment, too many individuals with there own agenda trying to run things & changing the rules when ever it suits. This club is going nowhere untill EVERYONE, supporters & club officials all pull in the same direction. We can learn alot from Norwich.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 04, 2011 8:55 am

standing improve the atmosphere ? No it doesnt -whats the proof

I was in the Canton Stand for the first time and I hated standing up all game --Hardly any singing and just tension.Better atmosphere in the Ninian whilst sitting

I can understand standing up when its exciting but when we are three nil down its pointless

If standing is not clamped down and eradicated it is an insult to the old and inform supporters.

Wed May 04, 2011 9:20 am

Mafor wrote:standing improve the atmosphere ? No it doesnt -whats the proof

I was in the Canton Stand for the first time and I hated standing up all game --Hardly any singing and just tension.Better atmosphere in the Ninian whilst sitting

I can understand standing up when its exciting but when we are three nil down its pointless

If standing is not clamped down and eradicated it is an insult to the old and inform supporters.

The PROOF is the last 3 matches

Wed May 04, 2011 11:37 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
Mafor wrote:standing improve the atmosphere ? No it doesnt -whats the proof

The PROOF is the last 3 matches

Can't wait to move seats again next season because we are surrounded by the prawn sandwich brigade where no-one stands up(except us) and the atmosphere suffers. how can you show your passion and get behind your team sitting down.Season can't finish quick enough for me!

Wed May 04, 2011 2:28 pm

Well i will sit on the fence on this one, but i might get told off by the gestapo though :lol: :lol:

Wed May 04, 2011 5:43 pm

I have been pleased to see the stewards allowing people with flags on poles into the ground the last few games, without snapping them and stating too long etc etc, was fantastic in the family stand especially against Boro to see prior to kick off all the flags waving, lets hope their policy on that continues for next season :ayatollah: