Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

McNaughton now at centre of sexism row

Tue May 03, 2011 2:58 pm

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... match.html

They're making a big thing of it because she's a female. END OF. f**k off and do something else if you don't like it when things like that happen.

Honest opinion? It wasn't some kind of 'dare' by the players. If it was, you really would expect someone else to do it - NOT McNaughton ffs.

Re: McNaughton now at centre of sexism row

Tue May 03, 2011 3:01 pm

Dafydd wrote:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3561003/Sex-row-ref-Sian-floored-at-match.html

They're making a big thing of it because she's a female. END OF. f**k off and do something else if you don't like it when things like that happen.

Honest opinion? It wasn't some kind of 'dare' by the players. If it was, you really would expect someone else to do it - NOT McNaughton ffs.

That shithouse rag would probably be advocating a points deduction next. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 03, 2011 3:06 pm

Watched it again and super Kev changed direction before he flatened her :lol: :lol: :lol: But its a case of pick on Cardiff again :evil: :evil:

Tue May 03, 2011 3:10 pm

sure he sed before the game... ' I'd smash it!'

Tue May 03, 2011 3:15 pm

He's clearly made an attempt to get the ball, keep it in and knock it past and chase in one move, he changed direction to chase the ball he's played through for himself, his eyes were on the ball and the boro player's body maybe slightly in the way of seeing Sian, along with the crowd in the background, I don't think he saw her till it was too late, plus we all know how fast he is.

Tue May 03, 2011 3:40 pm

He was fully committed to the challenge for the ball. He missed the Middlesbrough player and went to turn to go back for the ball but took out the lineswoman. She didn't make a complaint, neither did the ref or anyone else. The Sun is a scumbag newspaper that bows to whatever the fad is that gets them readers. They have no beliefs themselves. They just write what they think the public will want to see.

McNaughton did not intentionally hit her. He was pissed off that she got in the way hence why he didn't apologise. Would another player apologise the a linesman? Maybe, maybe not. She saw the funny side, so did the ref so end of discussion.

Tue May 03, 2011 6:49 pm

That does look dodgy to be honest.

Tue May 03, 2011 6:57 pm

People never consider how much your brain turns to mush when exercising, particularly when tiring. Many times I've been out running and gone to move over the other side just as someone oncoming does the same thing. Reactions slow down etc

Tue May 03, 2011 7:04 pm

sorry but it looked like he done that on purpose....he didnt even apolagize

Tue May 03, 2011 7:13 pm

He kciked the ball past the player and was intending to run on and get it but she got in the way. Not on purspose IMO :ayatollah:

Tue May 03, 2011 7:22 pm

That story can get thrown out straight away because it states she was "running the line"

:lol:

f**k me - I've seen my grandad at a parks game with more initiative than that clueless cow! She missed loads of f*cking decisions, and also Waited and looked at the Ref everytime she raised her flag! (like she was scared to oppose the fat prick)

My comment would remain the same if it was a bloke! And we've had many a shit official sent down our place this season by the FA - another conspiracy to keep a welsh club away from the premiership!

wankers.

Tue May 03, 2011 8:42 pm

What a travesty of a story. How does it look deliberate?

He pushes the ball on and is running out into touch, he changes direction to chase down the ball and Massey is right in front of him as he looks up. Total accident. In fact she should have anticipated the speed at which both players were coming at her.

Pathetic story.

Tue May 03, 2011 8:48 pm

Zabier wrote:. The Sun is a scumbag newspaper that bows to whatever the fad is that gets them readers. They have no beliefs themselves. They just write what they think the public will want to see.

A lot of Liverpool fans boycott the Sun after Hillborough disaster after they accussed them of stealing from people who were dead and saying that they all caused the problem.

The sun almost went bust until they started showing pictures of topless women.

Tue May 03, 2011 8:53 pm

What a load of shit :lol:
Only enjoyable bit of the game.

Tue May 03, 2011 8:59 pm

if its in the sun, it must be the truth, just like the qpr story :ayatollah: :lol:

Tue May 03, 2011 9:02 pm

i looked at it again and im still sceptical on the matter, looked like he barged her, he didnt apolagize and his body language as he walked off.

Tue May 03, 2011 10:07 pm

IMO If he did it on purpose he is more likely to apologise to make sure he didn't get into trouble. The Sun also called him "burly" that's a laugh in itself

Tue May 03, 2011 10:10 pm

cant believe we are even discussing it
he played the ball, she was in the way, it happens-no story

Tue May 03, 2011 10:13 pm

langley wrote:cant believe we are even discussing it
he played the ball, she was in the way, it happens-no story

Exactly.

He was raging that he bumped into her as he'd managed to keep the ball in then ran into her and the ball went out for a goal kick. He ran back to position shaking his head. She laughed it off. If anyone thinks he meant that then god help us!

Tue May 03, 2011 10:13 pm

I know that the Sun hasn't got a very good reputation for letting a good story getting in the way of the truth, but I think they're taking things a bit further here and vying for the market, that the Daily Sport left behind, when it recently became defunct! :ayatollah:

Tue May 03, 2011 11:13 pm

i think we all know McNaugthon is not the type of personality that would have done that on purpose

and if that stupid accusation about it being a dressing room dare was anywhere near true, which it clearly isnt, Kev would be the last player ever that would be the one to do it

Wed May 04, 2011 2:41 am

Orr Orr just Maybe he didn't want to run into the advertising boards :roll:

Wed May 04, 2011 9:09 am

what a load of bollocks. no way would a good pro like super kev do such thing.

Wed May 04, 2011 9:19 am

Given the camera shots are right in front of the incident he could just have been trying to avoid the cameraman (and camera)

Wed May 04, 2011 9:46 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:i looked at it again and im still sceptical on the matter, looked like he barged her, he didnt apolagize and his body language as he walked off.

If it was a bloke would he of apologised? Prob not so why should it be any different!

Wed May 04, 2011 10:04 am

Andy Gray would have said to Kev ......... " take a bow son " :lol:

Wed May 04, 2011 10:36 am

I like the comment:

It's amazing how sexist some Cardiff fans are, just had a read at their forum regarding this. Shocking really. Classless bunch of fans.
0 0 3:10AM, May 04, 2011
nsfx

Yeah, not as much class a Sun reader FFS! :lol:

Wed May 04, 2011 10:41 am

BlueWey wrote:I like the comment:

It's amazing how sexist some Cardiff fans are, just had a read at their forum regarding this. Shocking really. Classless bunch of fans.
0 0 3:10AM, May 04, 2011
nsfx

Yeah, not as much class a Sun reader FFS! :lol:

nsfx of Australia, Man Utd fan (and classy Rooney), hope you're reading this. :lol:

Wed May 04, 2011 11:11 am

The comments after the article are a f*cking joke, while would mcnaughton have done it on purpose? bullshit

Wed May 04, 2011 11:21 am

How do we know that he didn't verbally apologise to her, immediately upon impact! :idea:

Perhaps it was her fault that she was in the way and perhaps she should have apologised to him! :!:

Perhaps she apologised to him! :!:

Perhaps they apologised to each other! :idea: :ayatollah: