Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

do NOT resign Dave Jones

Tue May 03, 2011 10:12 am

im as disappointed as anyone that we didnt make the automatic spots, devastated actually, and im trying as much as i can try to still believe that we can go up by the playoffs, but its a lottery... all i know is that without Jones in charge for the playoffs, we'd have absolutely no chance

saying that, even if we dont go up, neither do i want him to resign at the end of the season

just incase of the odd chance that this message may get to you somehow DJ...
some of us fans appreciate what youve done for this club in the long term!! so dont give up
some of us fans realise that without what youve done we may not have a club fighting for promotion every year now, or worse still we may not even have a club at all after the way Sam Hammam left us

we're all 100x more disappointed that we havent gone up automatically than you or any other manager in charge would ever be but i'll stick behind the club no matter what division were in

and i just know that despite alot of what's said on this message board, A LOT of the fans are still just appreciative that we have a club at all to support still thanks to you, let alone one thats fighting for promotion every year like we are, rather than going the way of clubs like Sheff Utd or Plymouth

i will be 100% devastated if we dont go up by the playoffs, last year was hard enough to get over, but if youre reading this, and you do leave the club at the end of the season, THANK YOU for ensuring i still have a competitive club to support

maybe after us you can go to a club where the expectations arent so ridiculously high for a club like us, and more realistic, with more support and common sense amongst the fans who will get behind their team every single week, instead of criticisng, and moaning, and booing, and slating you and the players for your effort, ability, commitment, every time we drop a couple of points...
maybe you can give that club the best manager theyve had in years, and the most successful period theyve had for a long while too :ayatollah:

Re: do NOT resign Dave Jones

Tue May 03, 2011 10:53 am

My God,a man with a balanced view.Nice post mate :ayatollah:

Tue May 03, 2011 11:51 am

Here Here!!! :ayatollah:

Tue May 03, 2011 12:53 pm

If it weren't for the achievements of Dave Jones, I wouldn't be a Cardiff supporter. In DJ I trust! :ayatollah:

Tue May 03, 2011 12:55 pm

Some fair points there. He may not be the best manager in the division but he's certainly not the worst.

The only thing I don't like about the man is his ungraciousness in defeat. After our victory at your place in November he said something along the lines of us passing along the back 4 isn't going to get us anywhere and that you've got to "go somewhere with it" when evidently we did as we took all 3 points. He just comes across as a bit bitter and ungracious.

Tue May 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Rhodri wrote:If it weren't for the achievements of Dave Jones, I wouldn't be a Cardiff supporter. In DJ I trust! :ayatollah:

You could turn that on its head and say "If DJ was sent packing a year or 2 ago and got a new manager in, then we might already be in the premier league" obviously thats hindsight, but makes you think differently.

Tue May 03, 2011 1:16 pm

SCFC10 wrote:Some fair points there. He may not be the best manager in the division but he's certainly not the worst.

The only thing I don't like about the man is his ungraciousness in defeat. After our victory at your place in November he said something along the lines of us passing along the back 4 isn't going to get us anywhere and that you've got to "go somewhere with it" when evidently we did as we took all 3 points. He just comes across as a bit bitter and ungracious.

You do pass the ball along the back four more than most though. I watched a game of yours on sky recently and even the goalie was passing to full-backs from goal kicks so that he could receive ball back AND then it went across the back four yet again. It's like you can't play unless you can make the other team stretch themselves and allow you to counter - not a criticism as it's got you where you are (and you're a decent poster).

Tue May 03, 2011 11:07 pm

SCFC10 wrote:Some fair points there. He may not be the best manager in the division but he's certainly not the worst.

he is a bad loser yeah i'll give you that much
i guess it shows he cares, im a bad loser when i lose in friggin 5 aside down Gol on a Sunday evening so yeah i know how frustrated you can get :lol:

and yeah he comes across as arrogant to the media alot of the time which is something else i dont like

but all i care about is that hes a bloody good manager, and hes done wonders for this club