Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ali on the Tannoy

Tue May 03, 2011 8:19 am

love Ali as a person, but that was awful and cringeworthy yesterday.

Re: Ali on the Tannoy

Tue May 03, 2011 8:22 am

AGREE STEVE FELT MYSELF BLUSHING VERY EMBARRASING

Tue May 03, 2011 8:22 am

It gets the crowd going so don't see it as a bad thing. Just relax, sit back and let yourself be overcome with a bit of cheese every now and then Steve! :ayatollah:

Tue May 03, 2011 8:26 am

Zabier it was worse than a bit of cheese mate , it was bloody embarrasing and cringeworthy and so felt everybody around me in the hundreds.

I have nothing against Ali by the way hes a smashing fella - he was probably under instruction i guess.

Tue May 03, 2011 8:29 am

Daya if you thought yesterday was bad, the QPR game was like he was a childrens entertainer on tv !

I got slagged off big time on here last week for bringing it up, I don't see many people disagreeing with you, perhaps its because you are a well known poster !

Cringeworthy was the exact word I used last week !

Tue May 03, 2011 8:30 am

The Trooper wrote:Daya if you thought yesterday was bad, the QPR game was like he was a childrens entertainer on tv !

I got slagged off big time on here last week for bringing it up, I don't see many people disagreeing with you, perhaps its because you are a well known poster !

He only posted it 10 mins ago mate, give it time! :lol:

Tue May 03, 2011 8:33 am

The Trooper wrote:Daya if you thought yesterday was bad, the QPR game was like he was a childrens entertainer on tv !

Dont worry i will get a slagging because people will say im negative and all that. They just dont like the truth. I missed the QPR game but Daughters told me how awful it was .

Im only guessing but i guess hes under instruction from above . Family Club of the year and all that.

Tue May 03, 2011 8:51 am

Trooper we didn't slate you for comments about Ali, it's what you said about the way the welsh language and heritage is used at the club.

Tue May 03, 2011 9:21 am

Zabier wrote:

He only posted it 10 mins ago mate, give it time! :lol:

lol lol Gwyns out of bed , so get ready, he will be of different opinion.

Tue May 03, 2011 9:26 am

Whats wrong with getting the fans up for the game :? :?
If you didnt want an atmosphere go to cementry
you just aswell!

Tue May 03, 2011 9:27 am

Pinster25 wrote:Whats wrong with getting the fans up for the game :? :?
you just aswell!

You call that Atmosphere? fook me.

Tue May 03, 2011 9:28 am

Daya wrote:
you just aswell!

Better than sitting in silence for 90 minutes :?

Tue May 03, 2011 9:31 am

i think he should have started us off with Oh engaland is full of ....

maybe something to think about for the playoff game Ali.

Tue May 03, 2011 9:35 am

Pinster25 wrote:
Daya wrote:
you just aswell!

Better than sitting in silence for 90 minutes :?

Well sorry If a tannoy man is needed to create atmosphere at a football match then the games fooked.

Tue May 03, 2011 9:40 am

It felt weird yesterday, Ali tried to get the crowd going, but it was like we couldn't be bothered, as soon as the chant died down, nothing, Ali tries again, same thing, it just felt like everyone was expecting an easy win.

Personally I felt it was really odd atmosphere there yesterday in the build up to the game and minutes into kick off, against QPR and pompey it was pretty much bouncing.

By the way I was sat at the back of Ninian stand 115

Tue May 03, 2011 12:44 pm

I personally thought it was cringeworthy , but several fans by me like d it !!!

Tue May 03, 2011 12:53 pm

Everyone has their opinion on yesterday's Tannoy actions!

Personally i thought it was awful! since when have we needed some one to start songs? I could have curled up in my seat i was that embarrased!

The embarrasment went from the tannoy, onto the pitch for the first 25 minutes to the players parading in front of an empty stadium? what did they expect?

Tue May 03, 2011 1:41 pm

i disagree with a few of you, i can see where your coming from but with all the moaning from months back, it is a good way of getting the passion back and all the fans singing. i like it, but i hope it isn't over used and becomes boring. i'm sure ali will find a good mixture of songs for us to sing before each game.

Tue May 03, 2011 2:43 pm

He got the crowd going so that was brill. So next time get him in the dressing room to get the players going as well :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue May 03, 2011 2:49 pm

Nuc you could be right there :lol:

Tue May 03, 2011 3:09 pm

IT WAS AN UTTER EMBARRASSMENT.

He has got to be the worse tannoy person in the country, his relentless cheesy jokes and woeful songs make us a laughing stock.

Getting everyone to do the ayatollah aswell, oh deary me, what have we come to.

Tue May 03, 2011 4:46 pm

Woody CCFC wrote:IT WAS AN UTTER EMBARRASSMENT.

He has got to be the worse tannoy person in the country, his relentless cheesy jokes and woeful songs make us a laughing stock.

Getting everyone to do the ayatollah aswell, oh deary me, what have we come to.

Agree, so cringeworthy - my 82 year old grandad curls up in his seat in embarrassment and shakes his head. Says it all. And the ayatollah as well :roll: Some people around me didn't know what the f**k it was ! Don't blame them really with that plonker on the tannoy ! I'd say we might as well drop it, it makes us look a right bunch if twats.

Tue May 03, 2011 5:09 pm

Daya wrote:love Ali as a person, but that was awful and cringeworthy yesterday.

I cringed too.......but fair play it worked a treat.

Tue May 03, 2011 5:22 pm

I thought it was like being on a sunday school trip....and we had to sing songs before we got our sandwiches and pop.... :roll:

think Ali could do it better next time with one stand doing the singinging and another the actions....

........or the one where you miss out a word each time and just do the actions, until there is complete silence everywhere, with people just waving their hands.......oh no we have got that already !!!!! :shock:

Tue May 03, 2011 9:00 pm

wow! really? so our atmosphere was so "shit" that everybody moaned like "school kids" now that somebody does something about it....you all moan again. did any of you put forward ideas? if not i don't suggest any of you moan. just get behind the boys ffs.

Tue May 03, 2011 9:04 pm

lewis91 wrote:wow! really? so our atmosphere was so "shit" that everybody moaned like "school kids" now that somebody does something about it....you all moan again. did any of you put forward ideas? if not i don't suggest any of you moan. just get behind the boys ffs.

Spot on Chief. Cant those who criticize come up with there own ideas so we can slag them off

Tue May 03, 2011 9:04 pm

So Ali does all this, and the atmosphere gets much better than before when he didn't do any of it? This is a bad thing? Bullshit people

Get a grip people. You're all making me curl up in embaressment

Tue May 03, 2011 9:05 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:So Ali does all this, and the atmosphere gets much better than before when he didn't do any of it?

Like Ali did :roll: :roll: :roll:

Tue May 03, 2011 9:15 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:So Ali does all this, and the atmosphere gets much better than before when he didn't do any of it?

Like Ali did :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm on your side mate :ayatollah: :o

Tue May 03, 2011 9:20 pm

they moan about it....but i'm pretty sure everyone joined in with it. good atmopshere when ali starts a song off.