Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " NOW IS NOT THE TIME "

Tue May 03, 2011 6:11 pm

Now is not the time to turn sour on the players and unsettle them, they need our support and hopefully we will bounce back in style on Saturday against Burnley.

Yesterday was a complete and utter embarrassment, I’m sure the players themselves know how much they let us fans down and lets not forget themselves also as plenty of people witnessed that effortless display on television.

No matter how angry I felt yesterday it was not the time to vent my frustration, they need our full support for the final push to the promised land, be it through the play-off’s or automatic if QPR are docked points.

Get behind the team, all is not over yet.

Tue May 03, 2011 6:11 pm

Bluebina wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:Carl, as much as i agree with you, it still hasn't taken away the feeling of being personally let down,,,& i know you all feel the same. One more huge game left, but you don't have to be "Russell Grant" to see where this current situation is going, it's so unbeleivable it couldn't be made up!

People were saying that last time we went up !!!

Thats the only thought giving me any glimmer of hope at the moment.

Tue May 03, 2011 7:33 pm

Reading some of these threads you could argue that it is some of the fans who are the bottlers.
I'm still confident that we'll go up :ayatollah:

Wed May 04, 2011 1:10 am

My personal opinion is whatever way the pro Jones brigade try and swing it, even if we go up through the playoffs, I will still deem this season another failure. The majority of us thought at the start of the season that the defense would cost us, apart from bringing in Dekal Keinan (who overall, has been a very good signing), and JLS, the defense has failed to be addressed and this has indeed cost us automatic promotion.

But the main reason I deem this season a failure is I look at how much our squad has been improved this season, but there has been NO IMPROVEMENT on our final league position (I know we are 3rd at the moment and we came 4th last season, so we have technically improved by one position, but the playoffs is still the playoffs!)

However, although I disagree with Carl that Jones is the man to take us forward, I totally agree with his point that now is not the time for negativity. We must continue to give our 100% backing to support the team and try to do our bit to help us get into the Premiership.

However, due to the lack of respect the players are showing to Jones (Chopra the main culprit, from what i've read and heard he seems the main instigator in getting himself and his fellow team mates disobeying Jones by going out partying when we're supposed to be "eating, sleeping and breathing football"), I would still want a new manager being brought in who is able to control and command the respect of his players as we would have no chance of surviving in the Premiership with the current attitudes of some of our players and I don't think this will ever change under Jones. The players behaviour off the pitch is another factor of what's cost us automatic promotion this season in my opinion.

Wed May 04, 2011 2:24 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:My personal opinion is whatever way the pro Jones brigade try and swing it, even if we go up through the playoffs, I will still deem this season another failure. The majority of us thought at the start of the season that the defense would cost us, apart from bringing in Dekal Keinan (who overall, has been a very good signing), and JLS, the defense has failed to be addressed and this has indeed cost us automatic promotion.

But the main reason I deem this season a failure is I look at how much our squad has been improved this season, but there has been NO IMPROVEMENT on our final league position (I know we are 3rd at the moment and we came 4th last season, so we have technically improved by one position, but the playoffs is still the playoffs!)

However, although I disagree with Carl that Jones is the man to take us forward, I totally agree with his point that now is not the time for negativity. We must continue to give our 100% backing to support the team and try to do our bit to help us get into the Premiership.

However, due to the lack of respect the players are showing to Jones (Chopra the main culprit, from what i've read and heard he seems the main instigator in getting himself and his fellow team mates disobeying Jones by going out partying when we're supposed to be "eating, sleeping and breathing football"), I would still want a new manager being brought in who is able to control and command the respect of his players as we would have no chance of surviving in the Premiership with the current attitudes of some of our players and I don't think this will ever change under Jones. The players behaviour off the pitch is another factor of what's cost us automatic promotion this season in my opinion.

Can we please stop this ridiculous "pro" and "anti" Jones camp/brigade/apologists etc nonsense.

There are obviously a range on views about Dave Jones and whilst I am sure that at each end of the spectrum there are those to whom the issue is completely black and white and either Dave Jones can do no wrong or he is the worst man ecer to manage in the championship ( Idid see one ppster on one of the boards a while ago actually say he is the worst manager in the football league!) to many of us it is not that simple and polarising it by these stupid sound bytes is simply divisive.

I have never hidden my views, I have generally been a supporter of him whilst recognising that he does have weaknesses.
Don't all managers.

We all support the same club and whilst we all have differing views over mamnagement/players/ hierachy let us all respect those views.

Argue about them of course but in a respectful way.

Wed May 04, 2011 9:56 am

I heard that Annis was saying outside the ground on monday that Jones, Jenkins and Nash all need to go.
If the allegations are true of players being out till god knows what time on the weekend - then it's not Jones, Jenkins and Nash that should go - it's a few players. Is it any coincidence that we put in a performance like that ?
JLS can go now, if chopra was out pissed (again) he can go and anyone who wants to - can go with them.
A complete and utter lack of respect for their employers, the fans and even their professional pride is not what we want here.
see the Norwich example - on how to do it. Lampart - did it in 1 year, Warnock did it in 1 year , we havent done it in 6