Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" NOW IS NOT THE TIME "

Tue May 03, 2011 7:55 am

Now is not the time to analyze and dissect. We still have a goal to achieve and it is still very much possible. We have failed at going up automatic but there is so much left to play for.

We cannot wallow in our tears, we must dust ourselves down and go again.

When all is said and done and at the seasons end, only then can we pick through the bones of what the season has left.

Disappointed I certainly am, wrong on automatic promotion I evidently was but I will not give up whilst we are in there with a chance of promotion.

Now is the time to unite not fight amongst ourselves.

Re: NOW IS NOT THE TIME

Tue May 03, 2011 7:58 am

I see you need my crystal ball Curtis. You predict automatic . You use wrong ball.

Tue May 03, 2011 8:01 am

yes agree with you Carl, but the BIG question is how much do the players want it, if it is true about some of the players out till early hours on the PI*S they don't give a SH*T about the fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 03, 2011 8:06 am

carlccfc wrote:Now is not the time to analyze and dissect. We still have a goal to achieve and it is still very much possible. We have failed at going up automatic but there is so much left to play for.

When all is said and done and at the seasons end, only then can we pick through the bones of what the season has left.

Disappointed I certainly am, wrong on automatic promotion I evidently was but I will not give up whilst we are in there with a chance of promotion.

Now is the time to unite not fight amongst ourselves

Those that do not want Cardiff to be promoted ought to consider turning "Plastic" - that shouldn't stop us venting though; one of the reasons for sharing opinions on a message board.
Surely we cannot play as badly again?
On the other hand, can Forest play as badly again in the play offs?
Tough times, but better than mid table mediocrity or, gulp, a relegation battle.
That I do not believe DJ can win promotion through the play off system does not stop me wanting us to.

Tue May 03, 2011 8:27 am

I totally agree with you Carl

Tue May 03, 2011 8:33 am

Nothing to lose in my eyes now. We all seem condemned to the Championship next season and maybe that 'nothing to lose' state of mind is exactly what we need. :ayatollah:

Tue May 03, 2011 8:36 am

Carls right mind , now is not the time - lets just wait and see how it pans out first. I have plenty of thought and plenty to say but timing now like Carl says is not the best time.

Tue May 03, 2011 9:07 am

This is what i posted last night and i stand by it:

We can all fans and players alike wallow in our self misery and give up now or we can rally for the final push four games three of which we need to win.

Starting at Burnley we have got to put in a big performance and get a win because if we finish 3rd and QPR get deducted a large number of points we could still go up automatically (Unlikely but possible)

A win also guarantees us 3rd place and Probably Forest in the Play Offs a draw at the City Ground and a win at the CCS and its onto Wembley. Where we will meet either the Jacks or Reading both teams we are capable of beating.

Now is not the the time for talk of new managers and slagging off the players because if we go down that route we will implode we were piss poor today end of. :(

Lets just draw a line underneath it and do what we do best........... supporting our Club starting at Burnley this Saturday :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 03, 2011 9:13 am

Perhaps we need to express our anger at the players and the manager stronger to get a positive reaction. To me it looks like the softly approach is not working.

Tue May 03, 2011 9:16 am

Agree with carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: The season hasnt ended

But

It was hard seeing each and every player let down our football big time yesterday

Tue May 03, 2011 9:36 am

Mystic Meg wrote:I see you need my crystal ball Curtis. You predict automatic . You use wrong ball.

Is this guy for f*cking real?

Tue May 03, 2011 9:49 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Perhaps we need to express our anger at the players and the manager stronger to get a positive reaction. To me it looks like the softly approach is not working.

Agreed, how the hell pretending yesterday didn't happen is going to help is beyond me.

Tue May 03, 2011 9:58 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Perhaps we need to express our anger at the players and the manager stronger to get a positive reaction. To me it looks like the softly approach is not working.

Agreed, how the hell pretending yesterday didn't happen is going to help is beyond me.

On Saturday there is a chance that if we don't win at Burnley and because of a point deduction against QPR the Jacks could be promoted following a victory over Sheffield Utd. Now as I know our friends out west will have no doubts about the merits of such a promotion and lets face it why should they.

Well I predict armegedon on here should that scenario unfold playoffs or not. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 03, 2011 10:23 am

You need to get your head out of the sand.

Have you failed to spot the pattern?

Ipswich, Preston, Sheff Wed, Pompey (FA CUP), Blackpool, Middlesboro.

Add one of the following to the above -

Swansea, Reading or Forest.

For the 3rd season running It ends saying the same thing - When it really matters we put in disgraceful performances.

Tue May 03, 2011 1:39 pm

Save the emotion for after the battle.
Saturday is an incredibly important game, why would we want to destabilise the manager or team before then?
Where's the spirit? "Forward press with heart unfailing"

Tue May 03, 2011 1:44 pm

i think for a lot of fans there isn't a "buzz" for achieving the play offs either because we should have grabbed an auto spot or because of the potential hurt we could be faced with again.
i feel confident about the play offs even though our performance yesterday was absolutely shocking.
there is still a lot to play for so lets all give it one big push! roll on burnley! :ayatollah:

Tue May 03, 2011 1:46 pm

carlccfc wrote:Now is not the time to analyze and dissect. We still have a goal to achieve and it is still very much possible. We have failed at going up automatic but there is so much left to play for.

Carl now is actually the best time to analyse and dissect.I have analysed Jones all season and now its time for me to dissect him.

Tue May 03, 2011 3:44 pm

sorry,but im going to be negative,carl there is only so many times we can pick ourselves up and dust down,we seem to do it so often :( :( :( :ayatollah:

Tue May 03, 2011 3:50 pm

I would have thought that now is the very time to as you say analyze and dissect, for if we do it will stop us making the same cock up next time, and that next time is only a week away . If we make the same kind of cock up again it will cost us another 3 points , and with the swans breathing down our neck we dont want to give them 3 points away . or do we by not sorting out things first . ?

Tue May 03, 2011 3:58 pm

We could end up with a scenario of..the JB's going up auto and Us v QPR in the play off semi's. Bit daunting that and one the JB's will not let us forget. On the other hand we could go auto and the JB's could get QPR in the semi's. Or could it be that QPR ride their luck and hold onto auto. So many permutations. By next Saturday evening all these things should be a lot clearer.

Tue May 03, 2011 4:03 pm

krab wrote:sorry,but im going to be negative,carl there is only so many times we can pick ourselves up and dust down,we seem to do it so often :( :( :( :ayatollah:

One thing I do not understand is when people post a negative post they include an :ayatollah: after it ?!

Tue May 03, 2011 4:53 pm

Correct Carl.

Saturday coul be a very important game depending on the outcome of the FA's deliberations re QPR.

The team were poor yesterday, yet the same team has won 5 and drawn 1 of the previous 6 during which time led by Bellamy they showed the commitment and passion needed.

They need to rediscover this for saturday and for that they need everyone behind them whatever your views about DJ, the players and last night.

And if saturday is a damp squib either because QPR aren't docked points or the Swans go above us we then need everyone ro unite for the play offs.

I was as upset about yesterday as anyone but tomorrow is another day.

It's the only way to think

Tue May 03, 2011 5:06 pm

Bloody hell Carl i know you are DJs biggest fan, but now you are even using his phrases :o if i didn't know you do actually exist then i would swear Dave Jones had wrote that article :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: " NOW IS NOT THE TIME "

Tue May 03, 2011 5:54 pm

Well said Carl, we can still go up if QPR lose enough points and we win on Saturday.

If not we are capable of winning the playoffs.

I no you didn't want to analyse the game but they only had 4 shots all game and 3 went in, it was a freak result, have a look.....

We can still do this stick together :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
onday, 2 May 2011
Npower Championship

Ref: Scott
Att: 25,183
CARDIFFMIDDLESBROUGH
Possession
Cardiff57%Middlesbrough43%
Attempts on target
Cardiff6Middlesbrough5
Attempts off target
Cardiff7Middlesbrough0
Corners
Cardiff8Middlesbrough1
Fouls
Cardiff14Middlesbrough8
Show all live text

Tue May 03, 2011 6:00 pm

Also this situation is very much like the last time we were promoted, we lost the playoffs the first time, loads of fans were bottling it and saying we will never beat Bristol ( who had smashed us in the league) or QPR and we did.

Keep your bottle and the faith we will do it again :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

2nd time lucky like last time :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 03, 2011 6:02 pm

Bluebina wrote:

Well said Carl, we can still go up if QPR lose enough points and we win on Saturday.

If not we are capable of winning the playoffs.

I no you didn't want to analyse the game but they only had 4 shots all game and 3 went in, it was a freak result, have a look.....

We can still do this stick together :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
onday, 2 May 2011
Npower Championship

Ref: Scott
Att: 25,183
CARDIFFMIDDLESBROUGH
Possession
Cardiff57%Middlesbrough43%
Attempts on target
Cardiff6Middlesbrough5
Attempts off target
Cardiff7Middlesbrough0
Corners
Cardiff8Middlesbrough1
Fouls
Cardiff14Middlesbrough8
Show all live text

sorry meant to say I KNOW you didn't want to analyse the game but they only had 4 shots all game and 3 went in, it was a freak result, have a look.....

Tue May 03, 2011 6:04 pm

Carl, as much as i agree with you, it still hasn't taken away the feeling of being personally let down,,,& i know you all feel the same. One more huge game left, but you don't have to be "Russell Grant" to see where this current situation is going, it's so unbeleivable it couldn't be made up!

Tue May 03, 2011 6:06 pm

And what is more..... you'll be a Man, my son!

Nice one Carl :ayatollah:

Tue May 03, 2011 6:06 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Carl, as much as i agree with you, it still hasn't taken away the feeling of being personally let down,,,& i know you all feel the same. One more huge game left, but you don't have to be "Russell Grant" to see where this current situation is going, it's so unbeleivable it couldn't be made up!

People were saying that last time we went up !!!

Tue May 03, 2011 6:08 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Carl, as much as i agree with you, it still hasn't taken away the feeling of being personally let down,,,& i know you all feel the same. One more huge game left, but you don't have to be "Russell Grant" to see where this current situation is going, it's so unbeleivable it couldn't be made up!

One more huge game ( means QPR have points deducted and we beat Burnley)

or four more huge games (means play off final and ( hopefully) a win)

We don't want to only play 3 huge games though!!!!!