Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Craig Bellamy Rallies Bluebirds! "

Mon May 02, 2011 9:46 am

Craig Bellamy has declared Cardiff City “the best team in the Championship”, insisting that even if they don’t go up automatically, the play-offs will hold no fear for them.

The Bluebirds face Middlesbrough at home this evening knowing that victory will put them back into second spot and pile the pressure on Norwich to beat Portsmouth at Fratton Park later (7.45pm).

Bellamy has been inspirational in City’s unbeaten run of eight Championship matches and will lead his team out in front of a capacity crowd in confident mood.

And though Queens Park Rangers secured the title on Saturday – subject to a possible points deduction over their acquisition of Alejandro Faurlin – Bellamy said: “At this moment we are the best team in the Championship. No argument.

“Our aim is to achieve automatic promotion and we will do everything possible to achieve that.

“But if we go into the play-offs we will face that challenge as the form team – and still the best team – in the Championship.

“It’s been a brilliant season. As a team we are growing. As a club we are growing.

“Now every single player is fully focused on finishing the job we started.

“This area deserves Premier League football and that would mean everything to Bluebirds supporters and the whole community.”

Bellamy has fired 10 goals in 33 appearances for Cardiff City and will partner Jay Bothroyd in attack today.

The Bluebirds captain received two awards during the Cardiff City Supporters Club presentation evening, both for goals scored.

His strike on his home debut against Doncaster Rovers was voted ‘Moment of the Season’, while his winner at Swansea City earned him the ‘Goal of the Season’ honours.

Bellamy added: “I’m embarrassed to win goal of the season because Whitts (Peter Whittingham, pictured left, inset) scored a 30-yard volley which was miles better, but his wasn’t against Swansea City!”

A capacity attendance of more than 26,000 spectators will watch Cardiff’s clash with Boro today – and there will be more home support than ever at the new stadium.

Middlesbrough will be followed to South Wales by 400 fans and the Bluebirds made an extra 1,750 seats available to Cardiff supporters after talking with Boro and the stadium safety group.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28618191/ :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Craig Bellamy Rallies Bluebirds!

Mon May 02, 2011 10:31 am

great statement of intent from craig,as a cardiff city supporter im extremely thankful for what craig has done for us this season regardless of what happens,hope we create the atmosphere we had against Queens park cheaters.

Re: Craig Bellamy Rallies Bluebirds!

Mon May 02, 2011 10:47 am

englishbluebird wrote:great statement of intent from craig,as a cardiff city supporter im extremely thankful for what craig has done for us this season regardless of what happens,hope we create the atmosphere we had against Queens park cheaters.

Come on Bluebirds, get your bums down to the CCS and make some bloody noise! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " Craig Bellamy Rallies Bluebirds! "

Mon May 02, 2011 10:54 am

BELLAMY A REAL LEADER, WITH PASSON/GUTS/DETERMINATION TO SUCCEED and PURE CLASS, This is what we have been missing for the previous 5 Seasons :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

" COME ON YOU MIGHTY BLUEBIRDS " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 02, 2011 11:08 am

What ever Craig Bellamy has been through throughout his whole career, and what ever his future may throw up and serve him, I will never forget the contribution he has provided to his home town club, I dont remember such an occasion where this aurora of passion and achievement has affected a club in such a way. If we go up, I pray we find a way to keep him at the club. In my eyes Craig Bellamy is already a Cardiff City great, as a loan player, So if we can tie him up to come home to Cardiff in the Premier League I wonder how long it will be before the fans of CCFC are saving for the "Craig Bellamy Statue Appeal" ?

Thank you Craig Bellamy for what you have provided to our great club, and to the City of Cardiff.

:ayatollah:

Mon May 02, 2011 11:18 am

I believe Bellamy is doing what Jonesy failed to do over the last few seasons, get the players fired up and ready to battle and fight for each other, he's a great asset both on and off the field and isn't afraid to get in other players faces if he thinks they're slacking, he's a winner and his winning attitude is rubbing off on the other players, he wants this promotion more than most things he's done in his footballing career and we will be all the more poorer if he's not with us next season, commitment, bottle, skill, energy, leadership he's got the lot. :ayatollah:

Mon May 02, 2011 11:29 am

Just shows what a good captin can do :ayatollah: We've lacked leaders on the pitch for the past few years jones can't do anything once theyve crossed that white line.We now have a captin who is passionate about the club/city and knows how much it would mean to us if we get promoted.If we go up he will become a cardiff legend not just football but for the city aswell.Hes done us proud :ayatollah:

Mon May 02, 2011 12:52 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:I believe Bellamy is doing what Jonesy failed to do over the last few seasons, get the players fired up and ready to battle and fight for each other, he's a great asset both on and off the field and isn't afraid to get in other players faces if he thinks they're slacking, he's a winner and his winning attitude is rubbing off on the other players, he wants this promotion more than most things he's done in his footballing career and we will be all the more poorer if he's not with us next season, commitment, bottle, skill, energy, leadership he's got the lot. :ayatollah:

Exactly!

Mon May 02, 2011 1:10 pm

Craig's attitude lifts the whole team - he will not accept anything less than total commitment. This is on. Let's make the CCS a cauldron this afternoon and get behind our lads. C'mon City! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 02, 2011 1:30 pm

thank you Craig Bellamy even though you have cost me 20 pound as I bet my mate you wouldn't score 10 league goals for us but im not bitter now lets go and pile the pressure onto Norwich with a big win to boost the goal difference which could be important come sunday lets lift the roof off the stadium come 5:15pm today

Mon May 02, 2011 5:05 pm

I prefer the old adage of dont Count your Chickens until they have hatched, Spouting off that you are the best team in the championship serves only too fire up the opposition.

Mon May 02, 2011 6:12 pm

lucky he rallied them or id could have been 20 :?:

Mon May 02, 2011 7:15 pm

Could have rallied the players first

Tue May 17, 2011 8:36 pm

As i said Spouting your Mouth off and saying your the Best Team in the Championship is just going to give the oppostion something to prove, thats always been the problem with Bellamy though if he just just keep his big mouth shut and do his talking on the pitch he wouldnt be so anoying.

So sad to see them chuck it all away again.

Oh well Bye Bye Jones you useless tw*t.