Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' PREVIOUS TEAMS WHO HAVE HAD PTS DEDUCTED "

Sun May 01, 2011 7:52 pm

brewer918 wrote:it will be interesting if qpr are found guilty if the FA have the bottle to deduct points, it seems all the pundits think it would be a disgrace if points were deducted, but if you break the rules you must face the consequences.

IMO i think they will deduct them just enough points so it doesnt effect them going up and a huge fine!! but we will see!!

I agree with this!! Been chatting with my mates today! They think it's a cert on massive points deduction!!

But why wait? I think.

It will be a points deduction rather than a fine! I always thought a fine but it makes sense now !

Very corrupt waiting!!

6 points coming and norwich will f**k it up so it dont matter :ayatollah:

Re: " PREVIOUS TEAMS WHO HAVE HAD PTS DEDUCTED "

Sun May 01, 2011 8:02 pm

DWQPR wrote:Stevedavies, wrong! This is not the first case of a false document charge. Boston were charged with SIX counts in the season they gained promotion to the FL. They were deducted 4 points at the start of the following season, so effectively 0.66 points for each charge, which they were all found guilty of. Most of the deductions relate to administration. The Tevez affair is NOT the same as the Faurlin transfer. The FL rules for third party ownership were not in place at the time the deal was done, these came into being on 1st September 2010, after the closure of the transfer window. They were made retrospective at which point QPR alerted the FL. If there is a doubt over eligibility then there is only one game that this could relate to and that was our game against Ipswich away, when Faurlin came off injured after 37 minutes. There were then four further games where eligibility could have been questionable, but for three of these games he was injured and the fourth he was an unused sub.

But you were still subject to FA Regulations which outlawed third party ownership in 2009. So in theory you should have notified the FA then, not 12 months later.

Also the QPR website reported the Faurlin deal as worth £3.5m but you only paid £600,000 via the FA, indicating that you only bought out part of the third party interest, not all of it.

Mon May 02, 2011 9:09 am

Forever Blue wrote:Below is an example of points deducted from teams who broke FA rules

Wrexham 10
Cambridge 10
Rotherham 10
Crawley 6
Boston 10
Leeds 25
Luton 30
Bournemouth 27
Rotherham 27
Halifax 10
Darlington 10
Southampton 10
Stockport 10

Lets not forget about Swindon who won promotion only to be relagated 2 divisions reduced to 1 on appeal ?
Chester 25
Northwich Victoria 10
Farsley Celtic 10
Salisbury 10
Crystal Palace 10
Portsmouth 9
Plymouth 10

Wed May 04, 2011 2:19 pm

It's trending all over twitter that rumour has it QPR will face a points deduction, but this will not come in to force until next season in the premier league. How can that be a fair reflection of circumstance for all other clubs currently in the Championship?

I think unless the FA take strong action by way of hefty fine and points deduction, they will have legal cases brought by all other clubs effected in the championship. I.E - Relegated clubs and Top 6-8.

It'll be an interesting end to the week. I'm praying for a point’s deduction! It doesn't matter to me if we go up by default. At the end of the day, QPR have breached 7 different FA regulations and are facing allegations of fraudulent paperwork. If they had been honest initially, this would never have been as severe. Also, less we forget that the reason the hearing is only happening now, is down to QPR asking for an independent case... If they do suffer a points deduction, then I think the play-off's will be delayed, as QPR have two rights to appeal AND final scenario - what if Cardiff and Swansea are in the play-off final; will the FA allow the game to be moved to the Millennium Stadium?? How on earth would they plan on policing every service station of the M4 corridor from Swansea to Wembley?

Interesting week for football gossip columns.

Wed May 04, 2011 2:27 pm

they'd police it the same way they did for the two manchester teams that played in the fa cup semis.....it will not be moved to cardiff

Wed May 04, 2011 2:28 pm

A points deduction can only take place the following season if the team has not been promoted to the premier league It's not the same as going from championship to league 1 or reversed or league 1 to league 2 or reversed, the premier is different :thumbup: