Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If Play-offs, can't meet Swans in semis.

Sun May 01, 2011 8:41 am

While still hoping for automatic promotion of course, if it has to be play-offs then having looked at table we now cannot meet Swansea in semi-finals.
Looks like play-off teams will be Swansea, Reading, Nottingham Forest (Leeds could get 6th place but very unlikely) and City or Norwich.
If it's us then we must finish 3rd or 4th; if 3rd we play 6th which can only be Reading or N. Forest (or Leeds.)
If we finish 4th it means Swansea come 3rd and we play Reading or N. Forest (not Leeds.)
Surely we will now come 3rd at least - in which case I think 3 - 6 will stay as now, so Forest in semis and Reading or Swansea in final. :D :D :D

Re: If Play-offs, can't meet Swans in semis.

Sun May 01, 2011 8:44 am

If you end up in the play-off's I could just about accept losing to you guys in a semi-final but if we lost to you in the final I think I'd top myself, I get nervous enough as it is regardless of who we're playing, the stress in the week leading up to the game would be too much to take.

Sun May 01, 2011 9:07 am

SCFC10 wrote:If you end up in the play-off's I could just about accept losing to you guys in a semi-final but if we lost to you in the final I think I'd top myself

Hope your Will is up to date then ;)

Sun May 01, 2011 9:11 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
SCFC10 wrote:If you end up in the play-off's I could just about accept losing to you guys in a semi-final but if we lost to you in the final I think I'd top myself

Overconfidence is a bad thing. :lol:

Sun May 01, 2011 9:16 am

SCFC10 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Overconfidence is a bad thing. :lol:

So you haven't? Now that's overconfidence ;)

Sun May 01, 2011 9:20 am

SCFC10 wrote:If you end up in the play-off's I could just about accept losing to you guys in a semi-final but if we lost to you in the final I think I'd top myself, I get nervous enough as it is regardless of who we're playing, the stress in the week leading up to the game would be too much to take.

I think you will get QPR, if they get the 15 points deduction, if not Reading, which won't be easy as they will probably stuff you in the first legg, as your shit away.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 01, 2011 9:31 am

Bluebina wrote:
SCFC10 wrote:If you end up in the play-off's I could just about accept losing to you guys in a semi-final but if we lost to you in the final I think I'd top myself, I get nervous enough as it is regardless of who we're playing, the stress in the week leading up to the game would be too much to take.

I think you will get QPR, if they get the 15 points deduction, if not Reading, which won't be easy as they will probably stuff you in the first legg, as your shit away.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Oh come on we've won 9 away and you've won 11, hardly a massive difference. :lol:

Our last 3 away performances have been very good so we're starting to regain our away form at the right time.

Another thing that's worth pointing out is that the majority of our away defeats have been narrow 50/50 games. 2-1's and 1-0's, etc. Where as we've been putting 3's and 4's past teams at the LibStad so that's a good omen going into the play-off's I suppose.

Sun May 01, 2011 9:47 am

SCFC10 wrote:Our last 3 away performances have been very good so we're starting to regain our away form at the right time.

:? Prior to your win yesterday, you drew 0-0 at Pompey and lost 2-1 at Burnley!

Your previous 3 away games don't make very good reading either, as you lost 2-1 to Preston (bottom of the league), 2-1 to Derby (just above relegation zone) and 1-0 to Scunthorpe, who were also bottom of the league at the time! :) :ayatollah:

Sun May 01, 2011 9:49 am

Stats mean f-all in playoffs! The pressure is unreal and probably worse for us fans

Sun May 01, 2011 9:52 am

Overthemoon wrote:
SCFC10 wrote:Our last 3 away performances have been very good so we're starting to regain our away form at the right time.

Your previous 3 away games don't make very good reading either, as you lost 2-1 to Preston (bottom of the league), 2-1 to Derby (just above relegation zone) and 1-0 to Scunthorpe, who were also bottom of the league at the time! :) :ayatollah:

The key word being performances not results. We lost at Burnley due to a bizzare own goal and a penalty that should never had been given as well as missing a host of chances. Even their fans said we were miles better on the day.

My main point was that we're not as shit away as one or two of you are trying to make out, nothing more. :mrgreen:

I'm off now, bye!

Sun May 01, 2011 10:17 am

SCFC10 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

The key word being performances not results. We lost at Burnley due to a bizzare own goal and a penalty that should never had been given as well as missing a host of chances. Even their fans said we were miles better on the day.

My main point was that we're not as shit away as one or two of you are trying to make out, nothing more. :mrgreen:

I'm off now, bye!

Perhaps your key point should have been, that you're shit away from home, but not quite as shit as you once were! :) :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:55 am

See I told you we'd be alright. You should stop worrying about us, mun. ;)