Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Well Done Bangor City

Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:32 pm

Bangor City won the Welsh league title today beating the new saints 1-0, they seem to have a great fan base there and looked a decent crowd there today. I think they be moving away from Farrow Rd ground but looking at other teams in the Welsh league they have always it seemed to me had a great following :ayatollah:

Re: Well Done Bangor City

Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:35 pm

i bet they wished they stayed in the english pyrimid system after watching colwyn bay last nigth.prospect of really going somwhere.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:45 pm

Fantastic to see Colwyn doing well, it was a sad day when Barry quit the English system great to see Colwyn didnt quit. Met some great Colwyn fans whilst over in Switzerland watching Wales :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:54 pm

it would be lovely to see more welsh teams up there with merthyr , newport and colwyn bay, the media exposure these teams have had this season has been great.just wished more welsh sides could have stuck with it.always remember barry playing reading in the fa cup at jenner park,great days for welsh football.

Tue May 03, 2011 9:41 pm

Since my initial post Colwyn Bay got promoted !! fantastic effort and another Welsh club like the Martyrs heading in the right direction upwards :ayatollah:

Tue May 03, 2011 9:53 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:Bangor City won the Welsh league title today beating the new saints 1-0, they seem to have a great fan base there and looked a decent crowd there today. I think they be moving away from Farrow Rd ground but looking at other teams in the Welsh league they have always it seemed to me had a great following :ayatollah:

bangor took 1k to a welsh cup final in llanelli.. its the most anyone has taken away this season. their highest attendance was 1019 (summin like that) and thats 10% of the population of bangor :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 04, 2011 1:07 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:Bangor City won the Welsh league title today beating the new saints 1-0, they seem to have a great fan base there and looked a decent crowd there today. I think they be moving away from Farrow Rd ground but looking at other teams in the Welsh league they have always it seemed to me had a great following :ayatollah:

bangor took 1k to a welsh cup final in llanelli.. its the most anyone has taken away this season. their highest attendance was 1019 (summin like that) and thats 10% of the population of bangor :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fair play that's an awesome following. With support like that they could easily be a football league club. Why on earth did they decide to play in that crappy league system. :?