Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" YOU WOULD NEVER THINK... "

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:25 pm

That Cardiff City FC have 2 of the most important games in the clubs history coming up :?:

The board has been absolutely dominated with QPR talk & I've seen very little talk of you're quest for Premiership status.

Are you secretly hanging onto the hope QPR get a points deduction because of you're track record for falling at the final hurdle?

Or do you know in you're heart Norwich taking 2nd spot last week has now resigned you to the play off's so are praying the FA act against QPR?

Serious question & serious answers please. This is not a thread about QPR's case we've had a skin full of that already today.

:ayatollah:

Re: YOU WOULD NEVER THINK...

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:30 pm

we have been talking about our remaining games all bloody week, for me its great to be talking about something else just to calm me down!! but i suppose it is such big news the QPR situation that everybody are interested because it will have so many implicantions on a number of clubs including the bluebirds!!

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:30 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:That Cardiff City FC have 2 of the most important games in the clubs history coming up :?:

The board has been absolutely dominated with QPR talk & I've seen very little talk of you're quest for Premiership status.

Are you secretly hanging onto the hope QPR get a points deduction because of you're track record for falling at the final hurdle?

Or do you know in you're heart Norwich taking 2nd spot last week has now resigned you to the play off's so are praying the FA act against QPR?

Serious question & serious answers please. This is not a thread about QPR's case we've had a skin full of that already today.

It's not QPR talk per say though is it Stan? We are not talking QPR team selection FFS.
We are talking about the possibility of points being taken from alleged cheats that could affect our season. Therefor, its Cardiff talk on a Cardiff site. ;)

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:31 pm

boredom has set in that's for sure

come monday this board will be alive with all things cardiff city :ayatollah:

not really stan. its on everyones mind and quite topical especially for a football related internet site.
just as facebook today has been filled with chat of the wedding
were going up in second place, norwich are going to lose at portsmouth, and get away with a draw to coventry
a win and a draw away to burnley would then be enough
simplsk :D :ayatollah:
happy court hearings :ayatollah:

Stan-QPR wrote:That Cardiff City FC have 2 of the most important games in the clubs history coming up :?:

Tend to agree with you Stan that this board has been talking way to much about QPR.

I can honestly say all that i am worried about is Cardiff getting the 2 wins needed in there last games and i think on current form the team can get the results needed. with a helping hand from Norwich we can make 2nd spot.

Bring on the next few matches i can't wait, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:37 pm

stan

everybody is hanging their hat on us getting 6 points against norwich getting 4.
that would then make anything that happens to you irrelevant.
If all things remain equal then i dont think anybody would relish playing us in the playoffs as we are being driven by bellamys passion and desire.
Its just a shame that its the normal fan who has to suffer at the hands of the 250k a year tosser who behind the scenes should have been making sure that everything was being run properly and in accordance with the rules.
Im sorry to say stan that i dont think the fa would have taken it this far and to this late stage of the season if they werent confident about the outcome of the hearing

Stan I just really cant call it. This weekend will make or break the final table. I can see us beating Borough 2/3-0 but I can't predict the norwich result I can honestly say that they could lose/draw or win (I do know these are the only three possible results btw :lol: ) Just have a feeling if they dont win on Monday then we WILL get/earn/deserve promotion!!

Fingers crossed it will go both our ways but dont get me wrong if we end up in third next week I'll still pray for a point deduction :ayatollah:

Fair play.

Seems to me though a lot of effort is going into QPR threads & not so much about yourselves that's what I feel.

I am actively seeking out threads associated with you're fight for promotion so I can read about some good football chat :D

There are 25 QPR threads on the first page alone! :lol:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:38 pm

well after all the shit we had about bellamy, can you imagine if when we signed him he was owned by some doggey consortium and when caught out by the fa we faked the documents relating to his ownership, i think the whole football world would come down on us like aton of bricks and be calling for a ponts deduction

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:38 pm

stan, this is big news, not just for us, but maybe the whole of this league, solicitors as we speak, are working flat out on behalf of the teams in this league :lol:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:40 pm

WELL SAID Stan,
I said on the Radio tonight, we should be talking about our next 2 games and in my opinion this shows me that we are panicking, lets get promoted on OUR OWN MERRIT and WIN ALL OUR 2 or 5 matches that may come our way :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " YOU WOULD NEVER THINK... "

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:52 pm

The QPR topic has totally dominated this forum. No argument there.

That is down to the fact we are in 3rd place and an auto place is atm out of our hands. If we were in 2nd place now I doubt there would be much mention of the topic. That would go for all other clubs in our position.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:54 pm

Spot on Annis.

The point I made earlier was if QPR were mid table & Cardiff top 2 they're would be 1 thread 25 pages back but it seems because of your league position people are getting desperate & are masking the REAL reasons behind the QPR deduction talk.

Hiiiii Claire.. Long time :)

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:56 pm

Sorry Baked just saw your post as I posted. I seemed to have echoed what you've said.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:59 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Spot on Annis.

The point I made earlier was if QPR were mid table & Cardiff top 2 they're would be 1 thread 25 pages back but it seems because of your league position people are getting desperate & are masking the REAL reasons behind the QPR deduction talk.

Hiiiii Claire.. Long time :)

I've finally come back on here, after 3 weeks!

Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:02 pm

welcome back claire ;) :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:03 pm

Welcome home! :D

Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:04 pm

Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:10 pm

To be fair, it's the only topic any of us were ever gonna be talking about today, with the reports coming out today. There had only been a couple of threads about it until today, then it went mental. It's hardly like there were gonna be dozens of threads commenting on Kate Middletons dress :lol:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:19 pm

BradSK wrote:To be fair, it's the only topic any of us were ever gonna be talking about today, with the reports coming out today. There had only been a couple of threads about it until today, then it went mental. It's hardly like there were gonna be dozens of threads commenting on Kate Middletons dress :lol:

fair comment mate!!

thats what these forums are about obviously the main focus being ccfc but also topics on all things football related :ayatollah: but when the big newspapaers release stories like the one about qpr, supporters like us will talk and lets be honest its big news, look at all the talk when we signed bellamy, everyone hated us!!

but on a positive note i really want us to get automatic without relying on possible qpr points deduction, 3 points for us monday and a loss or draw for norwich hapy days!! :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:35 pm

Stan you must have the biggest spoon in england :lol: :lol: :lol:
c' mon CARDIFF we can do this without wot happens with other clubs {i was gonna put bigger words in but did'nt know how to spell or grammar so did'nt in case people start being picky } :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:04 pm

If QPR are guilty they should be punished the same way we would. I really think if we were in your position we would have been deducted the points along time ago.

At 1st I thought nothing would come of this, But the more I read the more I think you boys are in trouble.

Just Imagen if we had signed Bellamy ilegaly, There would be f*cking up roar from every boy, girl and club in the country untill the F.A did something about it.

I hope you get punished regardless if we go up or not.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:06 pm

any1 wrote:Stan you must have the biggest spoon in england :lol: :lol: :lol:
c' mon CARDIFF we can do this without wot happens with other clubs {i was gonna put bigger words in but did'nt know how to spell or grammar so did'nt in case people start being picky } :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Was a genuine question buddy. And I agree you can do it. Just hope you don't use us as an excuse if results don't go you're way.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:11 pm

To be fair though Stan, you've been stoking the fire all day regarding a possible QPR points deduction, firstly by responding to all the posts, the questions posed and secondly, by starting at least a couple of threads on the topic yourself! ;) :)

Apart from the Royal Wedding though, this topic was always going to dominate today's discussions, although I think you'll find that the vast majority of Cardiff supporters like myself, would prefer to go up, having earned enough points ourselves!

I'm certainly hoping that we pick up 6 points in our next 2 games, that Norwich earn 2 draws, or a defeat and a draw and we end up getting promoted on merit!

QPR certainly deserve to go up as champions (not sure about the twats who were throwing fireworks amongst women and children a few months ago though) and if you don't get deducted any points, I'll just have to live with the fact, that I won't get my £1,000 from Paddypower.com, for placing £50 on us to win the league at 20/1! ;) :) :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:30 pm

You're at it again mate.

I'm more of a reader than a poster normally and your posts are pretty good but you've changed your tune.

I appreciate that you are bricking it coz of what might happen but yesterday you were so sure QPR were in the clear. We may or may not go up and I would much prefer it to be off our own backs but if you guys are shown to have cheated you should go the same way as Luton, Leeds etc. If we benefit then great!

I don't wish it on you, your club or the rest of your fans because I imagine how it would feel. But I was at Wembley for both FA Cup and Play off defeats and I don't want to go through that again so I'm out for whatever we can get.

I hope you get docked just enough for us to go up and just little enough for you lot to beat the jacks in the final!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:43 pm

QPR f**k off you get what you deserve, cheating cunts

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:11 am

also would prefer jacks going up instead of the cheating cunts

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:28 am

I think the macabre fascination is that we are all just amazed that this episode is taking place. A fellow Championship team has been found to have breached at least one FA regulation (admitted in the club's wording of "not deliberate"). It's like finding that your brother stole your girlfriend or your son stole from your wallet. It's just plain horrifying and unreal and I think many of us are incredulous that a fellow club would do this. It's against the spirit of fair play, it's playing out like a car crash and its hard to look the other way.