Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" OK IF I AM HONEST "

Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:54 pm

My Previous post was to stir this Forum up a bit and to remind you that I was Back :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Very very Disappointed viewtopic.php?f=2&t=43273 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

OK

So How will WILL WE GO UP ?
Where will Norwich slip up ?
Will We go up Automatic ?
or Play offs ?

Re: " OK IF I AM HONEST "

Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:56 pm

has to be automatic but please let norwich slip up monday!! and for us to put 2-3 past middlesborough!! :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:56 pm

or .. will we go up from QPR's expense? :lol:

nahh im joking .. it would be a slip up from norwich

a 3-0 win on monday for cardiff followed by a 1-1 draw by norwich :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:57 pm

naughty :lol:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:57 pm

Welcome back Annis .I think we will win our two games and Norwich will slip up at Pompey :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Last edited by blue nile on Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:58 pm

I havent got a clue. Alot now depends on luck (offsides, red cards, late goals etc....)

In my opinion we are due a bit of luck as we have had several big decisions go against us this season-Keinans goal v Ipswich (not offside), Bothroyd pen at QPR not given plus our injury crisis. Norwich have had a lot more luck than all the top 6. They say things balance themselves out over the season.

Hopefully we will get 6 points and Norwich 4 and finish 2nd so wont rely on QPRs points deduction.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:00 pm

I honestly believe that Norwich will drop points at Pompey.

However, I wouldn't want to go to Fratton Park or Turf Moor looking for valuable points at any part of the season never mind the tail end.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:04 pm

Welcome back Annis, I think Norwich will draw their last two games and we will win on Monday and draw at Burnley to secure our place in the worlds best league.The Premiership :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Norwich have surely used all their lady luck up now.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:05 pm

I honestly believe we will score more points than Norwich in these last 2 games and the reason I believe that is that we are showing a strong mental attitude at the moment. If we match Norwich in terms of the result on Monday the pressure ramps up for both clubs and I think we are better placed to deal with it.

If we better Norwich in terms of results on Monday we will go up because we will win at Burnley.

I really believe that. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:06 pm

Top two if we can win our remaining two games, im more confident that Norwich will drop points than I am that we will win our remaining two. Its still all to play for :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:15 pm

nasty pasty :)

bugger off back to the sun there has been harmony on here while you've been away :o

we will go up automaticaly no doubt,

2nd 1st who cares or even third with the FA interveaning :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:15 pm

castleblue wrote:I honestly believe we will score more points than Norwich in these last 2 games and the reason I believe that is that we are showing a strong mental attitude at the moment. If we match Norwich in terms of the result on Monday the pressure ramps up for both clubs and I think we are better placed to deal with it.

If we better Norwich in terms of results on Monday we will go up because we will win at Burnley.

I really believe that. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I also have a funny feeling that Norwich will only draw with Coventry at Carrow Road. Its not out of the question for me, that we end up winning both our games and Norwich draw theirs. I'm with you, there seems to be a whole new level of mental toughness and confidence being displayed by the boys lately.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:20 pm

I think we will go up automatically with Norwich losing on Monday and we win both games and Norwich win last day season! If a flowing Swansea side can go there and only take a point I can't see nothing else but points being dropped ! But let's do our own job 1st and hope luck Is on our side ! :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:21 pm

if norwich beat pompey then i think that is it for 2nd spot as cant see them losing at home last day of the season against coventry, providing we beat boro which i think we will ythe way the team has been playing lately.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:03 pm

We have created enough chances in every game since February to have won them all.

Since February we have lost to Ipswich, Palace and Forest. All 3 games we should have won comfortable when you look at the chances we created then.

We have drawn against Reading, Burnley, Barnsley, Millwall and QPR. For the Reading game Burke had the miss of the season that I believe if it went in we would have gone on to win. Defences lapses cost us against Barnsley and Millwall while we murdered QPR and should have been well clear of them by HT. The Burnley game is the only one since February where we did not derseve to win.

Now lets look at the games we have won starting with our cousins the Jacks. We dominated that game but relied on a late winner from Bellamy. Same can be said for the next game against Scunny but this time it was Oli who came up trumps. We then had comfortable wins against Leicester, Hull and Derby before we reverted to dominating a game against Donny only to mearly give it away and rely on 2 late goals from Koumas. Although the next game against Sheff Utd was a good 2-0 win we really should have been well out of sight with the chances we had. Then a 3-0 win against a 10 man Pompey is difficult to judge under the circumstances. Now we come ot our last win against Preston. We should have been well away from them before they started to bombared our defence.

Summing up. Reflecting on the chances we are creating we are below average compared to the goals we are scoring.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:25 pm

If we do go up automatic one thing for sure is it won't be in any way connected with Dave Jones' ability to manage a football team.

Nope instead it will all be down to a 'third party' ;)

Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:35 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:If we do go up automatic one thing for sure is it won't be in any way connected with Dave Jones' ability to manage a football team.

Nope instead it will all be down to a 'third party' ;)

We will leave this third party argument until the summer break for if we do go up.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:My Previous post was to stir this Forum up a bit and to remind you that I was Back :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

OK

or Play offs ?

Or via the Courts, mate....??

I hope not. I'd rather do it the 'proper' way and outgun Norwich in the last two games....

Welcome back by the way :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:00 pm

Going up in 2nd place, :) :)

City to win the next 2 games and Norwich to slip up. :ayatollah:

Hope you enjoyed your break Annis.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:41 pm

Annis,
Just a suggestion but perhaps you should go back on holiday. We have been doing pretty good while you were away. Maybe DJ was not so tense when you were not peering over his shoulder. Remember, it is all for the good of the team. We all have to make some sacrificises for the commom good. :)

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:42 am

It's going to the wire and none of us have been there before..........this aint scunthorpe, bury, the millenium or wembley.....it's going on at turf moor.

and it's gonna be like a f*cking yo yo day.....lets feckin av it :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:48 am

Sven Ghali wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:My Previous post was to stir this Forum up a bit and to remind you that I was Back :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

OK

or Play offs ?

Or via the Courts, mate....??

I hope not. I'd rather do it the 'proper' way and outgun Norwich in the last two games....

Welcome back by the way :ayatollah:

Cheers Sven, Great to SEE EVERYONE SO POSITIVE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:34 am

I think it all boils down to this weekend.Coventry will roll over next week at Norwich so we need Pompey to get a result and leeds to beat Burnley to blow them out of contention for the playoffs.That would leave us still needing to get a win at Burnley but with them out of it will make it much easier...............just like Sheff wed a few years back...!!!!! :cry:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: play up pompey