Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

KEEP THE FAITH

Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:05 pm

Another great result on Monday, with a 1-0 win away at Preston, at the cost of sending them down to league 1 and with us on the hunt of automatic promotion, whilst I have little sympathy for the club being relegated to league 1, all I care about is Cardiff maintaining their form.

Before I continue, this was my first away game of the season, especially with the forum bus, which I really enjoyed, and the atmosphere was top notch at Preston, we outsung the home crowd.....for some funny reason I thought I was at Ninian Park...So well done to all City fans who travelled :ayatollah:

An article which appeared on walesonline 2nd April, which interviewed Carl Curtis on his thoughts about Cardiff’s chances on automatic promotion, and fair play his predictions on our form have been spot on. It was reported after the International break in the end of March, prior to the Derby game, Cardiff would mount a serious assault on the automatic promotion spot for the last eight games.

Carl predicted that when we play, Debry (h), Doncaster (a), Sheffield United (a), Portsmouth (h) and QPR (h) we will achieve at least 13 points out of the possible 15 available.

Furthermore, Carl even stated Swansea would fade away with some difficult fixtures, when at the time they were above us in the table, in which they picked 5 points of the possible 15 (Preston (a), Norwich (a), Hull (h), Burnley (a) and Portsmouth (a)

Whilst Norwich would pick up 9 points in the fixtures involving Scunthorpe (h), Swansea (a), Watford (a), Forest (h), Ipswich (a), In reality they have picked up 10 points, but at least Cardiff have caught up with them prior to the international break, and full credit to Carl he was more a less spot on, and he’s fully confident we are going up, and after yesterdays trip to Preston, I really do have faith in what he says.

So it’s come down to the last two games of the season, and with the return of Hudson and Chopra to the squad, at least we got a stronger bench, for them to start in the next two games is obviously a matter of debate with differing opinions, However, we can all agree that as city fans it’s great to see them back in the squad, and to mount a serious assault on the last two games and its given us more options with Hudson coming on for Kevin McNaughton and Chopra for Bellamy during the Preston game, where we didn’t have such luxury last year.

So what’s left to do? Well, obviously we got to keep going, and achieve maximum points available and the players can only do their part, but with the atmosphere we had during the Portsmouth and QPR game, at near full capacity, we can be the 12th man. Drag your next door neighbor, your friends, or even if you’re working, phone in sick and make sure your there at the city stadium next Monday.

....IN THE COMMUNITY....IN VICTORY.....WITH MY FAMILY....NO MATTER THE RESULT....WITH PASSION....FOR THE SHIRT....COME RAIN OR SHINE....FOREVER MORE...WITH HOPE....AIMING FOR PROMOTION.

Come on City and to all the Bluebirds, let’s make some noise next week!!!! Onwards and Upwards!!!! :ayatollah:

Re: KEEP THE FAITH

Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:08 pm

Top post mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Also, have to take my hat off to Carl....even if things don't go right from here on, he was spot on about the period after the international break :ayatollah: