Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I come in peace

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:11 pm

My sister in law has lived in Cardiff since she was at Uni and I've been several times (though only watched you when playing us). Not sure why I mention that other to reinforce the point that I've a lot of time and respect for you guys.

Obviously you'll all be Pompey fans next Monday and we've all suddenly remembered why we love Boro so much...

I don't know how you guys feel but it's almost unbearable for us. I just felt totally drained after yesterday - not euphoric, other that just after the third went in of course, but drained.

And Mystic Meg I'm not but if either of us wins both of our remaining games I'll actually be surprised - there's a few twists to come.

I assume QPR will have no points deducted (the very learned post elsewhere on here about that notwithstanding), but I'd just love it if we both went up - though I'm assuming that isn't going to happen.

Anyway, in a spirit of true nervousness, good luck to you boys - or at least equal luck to whatever we get. You're a good club with a great tradition and history and in any other situation I'd have a genuine affection for you and hope that you'd do well. You'll understand that I'm hoping we do just that bit better, and I'd be very disappointed in you if you weren't hoping the reverse!

Re: I come in peace

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:13 pm

Top post mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:15 pm

Good luck to you to RC - it's down to 2 games now :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:15 pm

Both teams deserve to go up, who ever finished 3rd would've been hard done by. If we go up 2nd I'll be supporting Norwich in the playoffs that's for sure.

But yes, it is absolutely unbearable at the moment, everytime I think about it I feel physically sick. Can't wait for it all to be over to be honest.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:22 pm

Go on mate , tell your team to f**k it up for us ????????????

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:25 pm

Gareth Bluebird wrote:Go on mate , tell your team to f**k it up for us ????????????

...I will if you will mate :-)

Though, historically, they haven't needed my encouragement...

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:29 pm

Good post that mate , Doesnt seem to long ago you guys were flying high no pun intended :D with the Welshman Mr Goss scoring in Europe. :ayatollah: and Mike Walker another Welsh ledgend ex manager did well there also

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:33 pm

nice post fella, and good luck to you too oh and portsmouth :)

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:35 pm

RandomCanary wrote:
Gareth Bluebird wrote:Go on mate , tell your team to f**k it up for us ????????????

...I will if you will mate :-)

Though, historically, they haven't needed my encouragement...

Nor have we in recent years , good post tho , thx

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:37 pm

will Delia be doing a bit of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_8JLkwzpd0

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:39 pm

Shoot to kill!!

:lol: :lol:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:42 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWa4BFt_ ... re=related :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:46 pm

RandomCanary wrote:My sister in law has lived in Cardiff since she was at Uni and I've been several times (though only watched you when playing us). Not sure why I mention that other to reinforce the point that I've a lot of time and respect for you guys.

Obviously you'll all be Pompey fans next Monday and we've all suddenly remembered why we love Boro so much...

I don't know how you guys feel but it's almost unbearable for us. I just felt totally drained after yesterday - not euphoric, other that just after the third went in of course, but drained.

And Mystic Meg I'm not but if either of us wins both of our remaining games I'll actually be surprised - there's a few twists to come.

I assume QPR will have no points deducted (the very learned post elsewhere on here about that notwithstanding), but I'd just love it if we both went up - though I'm assuming that isn't going to happen.

Anyway, in a spirit of true nervousness, good luck to you boys - or at least equal luck to whatever we get. You're a good club with a great tradition and history and in any other situation I'd have a genuine affection for you and hope that you'd do well. You'll understand that I'm hoping we do just that bit better, and I'd be very disappointed in you if you weren't hoping the reverse!

I love the East Anglican derby and always watch it when it's on Sky because it is a very underrated rivalary.

I always support Norwich because I absoultely hate Ipswich for several reasons (winning the last game at Ninian Park for starters :twisted: ) but for self-interest reasons I wanted a tractor boy win last Thursday, which of course went down the pan :cry:

So to avoid another self inflicted reverse I will also wish you the best of luck (within reason of course ;) ) and hope the great fixture between our clubs (& QPR) will take place in the Premiership next season.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:51 pm

ihatealiens wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWa4BFt_dbM&feature=related :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was there...it was worse than you think :-)

You can only take that one of two ways and we turned it into a song at the next game (as pretending never to have been Norwich fans was never really going to work for most of us!)

Still can't work out why she didn't admit she was pissed though (the rest of us were, after all). "Where are you...we need a twelfth glass out here..."

Still and all she's done amazing things for us and stuck with us through thick and thin when others wouldn't have. Far rather her than Abramovich, for example (in fact when we played them they gave us "We've got Abramovich, you've got a drunken bitch" to which we replied "We've got a supercook, you've got a Russian crook"). At the end of the day she's passionate about what she does and God know's I've made a c**t of myself after a few now and again so I can't really criticise her too much!

Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:11 pm

RandomCanary wrote:My sister in law has lived in Cardiff since she was at Uni and I've been several times (though only watched you when playing us). Not sure why I mention that other to reinforce the point that I've a lot of time and respect for you guys.

stop being greedy, you had your promotion last year, and you want another one, its our turn :ayatollah: :lol:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:23 pm

Great post, here is what will happen.

You will draw or lose to Pompy you are not as good away and will feel the pressure of playing after us and that you will not be in 2nd place. Don't forget you have previously only managed to win three in a row, you can't make it five under that amount of pressure.

You will be really down but not for long when the news comes out of a 15 point deduction for QPR and we both go up :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:32 pm

Hello RandomCanary, nice post mate.

I was looking at one of your forums this evening in which they were talking very positively about CastleBlue's QPR post on this forum, do you know why is it in pink?

http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKU ... px#2505263

:ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:34 pm

We have the chief clock repair man working a 16hr shift to put the chime back into the Pompey clock which was dismantled & liberated by us, its now tick tocking to a perfect beat for them if they take 3 points off you. If they dont then they can piss off & the clock gets Taffed.

Good luck(I crossed my fingers when I typed that) your fans stayed loyal through your demise I sincerely hope you go up, via the play offs that is :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:37 pm

RandomCanary wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWa4BFt_dbM&feature=related :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was there...it was worse than you think :-)

You can only take that one of two ways and we turned it into a song at the next game (as pretending never to have been Norwich fans was never really going to work for most of us!)

Still can't work out why she didn't admit she was pissed though (the rest of us were, after all). "Where are you...we need a twelfth glass out here..."

Still and all she's done amazing things for us and stuck with us through thick and thin when others wouldn't have. Far rather her than Abramovich, for example (in fact when we played them they gave us "We've got Abramovich, you've got a drunken bitch" to which we replied "We've got a supercook, you've got a Russian crook"). At the end of the day she's passionate about what she does and God know's I've made a c**t of myself after a few now and again so I can't really criticise her too much!

Aye and she makes a lovely Rhubarb Crumble :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:46 pm

Welcome and thanks for your kind comments. Certainly going to be a dramatic end to the season and I honestly believe it will come down the very last game.

Well done on your season, I thought you would make the play offs but credit to your team and Mr Lambert, you have had a terrific season and deserve to go up, although I hope it's through the play offs.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:55 pm

Yeah nice post randomcanary, here's hoping that ourselves, Qpr and Norwich are all playing in the premier league next season. Best 3 teams in the division

Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:06 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:07 pm

Your drained!? We as Cardiff City fans are the most drained fans in the world! From almost going into admin to missing out on the playoffs on the last game of the season (+1 goal diff), Lossing the Playoff final, Losing FA cup final..... it goes on and on, I can't take the stress anymore!

No but we are all feeling it, I would like to see you boys up in the premier league with us. Good luck. We are all stressed..... And relax...... :ayatollah: :P

Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:17 pm

Good post mate and i really hope you are the one's crying after our two games, But hand on heart i think you will win both games and as for us i think we can beat Boro and we will draw against Burnley.
As for Ipswich as stated earlier yes they beat us on in our final match at Ninian Park but i have only respect for there supporters who treated the occasion the right way unlike our team that day , our management, and our Chairman. And i really mean this i will never forgive those on duty that day because they destroyed the memory of Ninian Park.