Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LOW (again)

Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:24 pm

I know ive made several threads about the LOW and my opinions on it.

But not only would the Welsh national side benefit from the youngsters that would be produced, but the local and welsh economy would benefit.

The British Government make a heck alot of money from taxes payed by all clubs in the engerlish leagues. Local businesses would benefit from fans spending money there , pubs for example are normally allocated to away fans, plus home fans tend to drink there, local chipshops etc will make money, the chip shop in cardiff called "The Codfather" i see loads of cardiff fans in there on match days.

With more funding the clubs could use the money for advertisement and as Zabier said on a previous thread, hand out offers to the fans for buying tickets etc. And think about it, say several teams needed to build a 45,000 seater stadium (not saying they will just an example) we could get a chance to host a european championship ATLEAST, South Africa were given about £900mil towards infastructure and stadia and development from FIFA due to hosting the World Cup. Again the Welsh economy would benefit.

So if per chance there were officials working for FAW reading this, please bare those comments in mind.

And before i get slated please bare in mind I'm just stating what MIGHT happen if the league improved :ayatollah:

Re: LOW (again)

Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:27 pm

Nice thread to start again. I know it's talked about a lot but I really feel these sort of topics produce some great ideas from the fans and the FAW would do well to actually listen to some of the ideas. :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:27 pm

i forgot to add something,

if the clubs made money like PL clubs to they could help the economy by making tournuments or academies so the local shits can keep of the streets and give them a chance to start their life again :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:28 pm

Zabier wrote:Nice thread to start again. I know it's talked about a lot but I really feel these sort of topics produce some great ideas from the fans and the FAW would do well to actually listen to some of the ideas. :ayatollah:

i agree im considering emailing them, might not help but its worth a try. :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:05 pm

should i bother posting this on the jacks board or will iget slated?

Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:19 pm

tempted to get a petition going. :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:28 pm

Go for it mate. What's the worst that can happen? Negative feedback? Who cares?!

Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:38 pm

Zabier wrote:Go for it mate. What's the worst that can happen? Negative feedback? Who cares?!

just bout to send off a lengthy email to the FAW now :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:41 pm

Hi,

My name is Elliot and I'm a Cardiff City fan.

I think I previously sent you an email about the LOW (League of Wales) and this email will be on the same matter.

How ever it is regarding funding for the league, I don't know if its to do with the FAW or the WAG but I raised this issue on the Cardiff board and several fellow Cardiff fans agreed with me.

The LOW has so much potential, I went to watch Bridgend Town (local team) play Penrhiwceiber and enjoyed it. It wasn't the best but I enjoyed it.

Now, the WAG fund £1,000,000 (roughly) to rugby union and the Welsh National Rugby team is in the top 10 in the world rankins with excellent potential coming through the ranks, the WAG fun £7,500 (roguhly) to football which is pathetic, if they funded roughly the same amount to football then this would mean clubs could afford to advertise matchs properly, which will hopefully increase attendances which will mean they can generate money of their own.

What I ask of the FAW to do is to demand more funding from the WAG and to encourage local businessmen to invest in local teams and to advertise the league itself.

What the WAG need to realise is that if the LOW gains higher attendances, the following will happen:

1. The league in England generates hundreds of millions of pounds due to the clubs paying taxes etc, and the FA recently announced plans for a £100,000,000 training centre in Burton. Hats off to the FAW for starting up a training centre in Newport by the way.

2. Local businesses will benefit due to higher attendance, which will mean home AND away supporters will go to the pubs, chip shops and go shopping etc.

3. Promote business due to the businesses sponsoring and using the club to advertise their business.

4. More academies could be set up to keep youths of the streets who are known to cause trouble, given a second chance via football, which hopefully would reduce crime.

5. More promising youngsters could be in the National Team, like a new Ramsey or Bale.

6. The clubs would be good enough to get into Europe, now wouldn't that be brilliant? A Welsh club in Europe?

I'm not expecting this email to actually change anything but I sincerely hope it does. As I said I really do think the LOW has potential but is lacking the funding due to the WAG and low attendances.

Yours sincerely,
Elliot

Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:43 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Zabier wrote:Go for it mate. What's the worst that can happen? Negative feedback? Who cares?!

just bout to send off a lengthy email to the FAW now :ayatollah:

If you don't get a response, send it several times.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:43 pm

i agree lads but i feel somewhat that either the FAW or WAG is neglecting or refusing to get involved and give the WFL's the attention it deserves and there's no reason why improvements have not been made. I believe they are slowly starting to bring measures in place as my local team, Pontyclun, are havign to build a new smart changing room/head facility to bring in line with the requirements of the league or something. and i also believe that cardiff, swansea, wrexham and even newport have the responbility of possibly loaning out our youngsters to get competitive football to the welsh prem and football league. or is the standard of football they are receiving through youth and academy structures betetr than what is on offer in the WPL? id just like to see some of our boys getting a chance rather than playing cruddy games or sat on a bench or sent up north, where they can get guarantueed footy and help our league out at the same time. thats all ill drop in for now! :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:44 pm

Unbelievable, just got an automated email saying

"I am out of the office until Tuesday, 3rd May 2011

If your query is urgent, please phone Reception on 02920 435830 or email finance@faw.co.uk"

Just my luck :lol:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:45 pm

that letter was entered as i was typing, good points!

Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:45 pm

jooshy wrote:i agree lads but i feel somewhat that either the FAW or WAG is neglecting or refusing to get involved and give the WFL's the attention it deserves and there's no reason why improvements have not been made. I believe they are slowly starting to bring measures in place as my local team, Pontyclun, are havign to build a new smart changing room/head facility to bring in line with the requirements of the league or something. and i also believe that cardiff, swansea, wrexham and even newport have the responbility of possibly loaning out our youngsters to get competitive football to the welsh prem and football league. or is the standard of football they are receiving through youth and academy structures betetr than what is on offer in the WPL? id just like to see some of our boys getting a chance rather than playing cruddy games or sat on a bench or sent up north, where they can get guarantueed footy and help our league out at the same time. thats all ill drop in for now! :ayatollah:

good idea regarding our youngsters :ayatollah: