Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHAT A GREAT APRIL

Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:29 pm

looking back at this month ,i think everyone connected to cardiff city football club deserves a lot of credit(yes most definetly Dave Jones)
march was downright depressing,losing at home to ipswich and away at lowly crystal palace,drawing and looking disinterested against an average barnsley side and giving away sloppy goals and the 3 points against millwall.Coupled with the bad injuries to the highly influential michael chopra and mark hudson whos been awesome since christmas AND a certian mr Ramsey sadly not staying with us till the end of the season i can totally understand why many supporters where fearing we might not even make the playoffs nevermind the last remaining auto spot with QPR all but up.
April it all changed starting with the thumping of a derby side who have certainly not laid down for anyone,then for me 2 vital away wins against teams fighting for survival doncaster and sheff utd,the away support at both was superb.
sat 16th April we welcomed our old friends pompey sitting m id table,the kind of team an under motivated side would slip up against. A fantastic team performance followed,fired up and full of passion backed by outstanding home support the bluebirds looked premiership quality-bellers and super kev were world class
despite not seeing out the game against QPR we looked the better side and two lapses allowed the magician Taarabt to deny us and put our destiny in other teams hands.
Preston away was a potential banana skin,not a happy hunting ground at all for city not too mention Preston knowing relegation was certain if they lost,the 1-0 win ground out was vital,i was worried we didnt add to our advantage and the momentum was with Preston when our boys tired late on although Tom Heaton didnt make too many saves out defence held firm,I was generally proud to witness our fantastic support yet again.

We can do this im sure ,if its the play offs then so be it hopefully, well heap more misery on the jacks on our way :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: