Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHAT DATE IS QPR'S COURT HEARING?

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:36 am

Surely if any points were going to be deducted then the hearing would have taken place by now?

Re: WHAT DATE IS QPR'S COURT HEARING?

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:40 am

SA17 Bluebird wrote:Surely if any points were going to be deducted then the hearing would have taken place by now?

pretty sure its on the 6th may.. either then or the 7th!!

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:41 am

Its a week friday , and yes it does stink but if Norwich have cheated then punished they mut be ............cnt see it myself as theyll appeal and the playoffs will be affected , points and £1m fine my reckoning :oops:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:46 am

NIBluebird wrote:Its a week friday , and yes it does stink but if Norwich have cheated then punished they mut be ............cnt see it myself as theyll appeal and the playoffs will be affected , points and £1m fine my reckoning :oops:

QPR you mean...

i think they are doing it the day before the final game, so that it wont mess too much with the playoffs...

Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:07 am

So who exactly has pushed proceedings to court in the 1st place then , the FA or the Football League ? Cant imagine either wanting egg on face if sudenly 1 minute QPR are celebrating promotion then the next minute they are given a points deduction .

Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:10 am

be great if they get docked, cant see the FA doing it though...they haven't got the balls

Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:23 am

Vintage 63 wrote:So who exactly has pushed proceedings to court in the 1st place then , the FA or the Football League ? Cant imagine either wanting egg on face if sudenly 1 minute QPR are celebrating promotion then the next minute they are given a points deduction .

It's both the FA and the FL believe it or not but it's the FA which has raised the charges and set up the independent tribunal to hear the case.

I was unsure about the likely outcome of this whole thing until I was told last week that 2 of the charges against QPR are on behalf of the FL, QPR have been charged with fielding an ineligible player in FL match during season 2009-2010 and a second charge of fielding an ineligible player in season 2010-2011.

The remaining charges relate to 3rd party ownership, failing to declare a 3rd party interest in registration documents and submitting incorrect / false documentation and using or attempting to use an unlicensed agent. One charge has been made against both the club and Mr Paladini.

I have been told that there is absolutely no doubt about the 3rd party ownership and it was not declared in the original registration document pack. QPR are saying this was a mistake and not a deliberate attempt to conceal, this will not matter one dot to the FA and when QPR are found guilty the original registration will be cancelled hence the charges relating to fielding an ineligible player.

FL rules allow for a 3 point deduction for each game the player appeared in (39 matches in 2009-2010) and 6 matches during 2010-2011 although the 3rd party issue was not fully resolved until January 2011 so there may be more games this season.

The FA have the power to apply punishment on behalf of the FL and I have no doubt if the idependent tribunal find against the club they will. If thats the case forget automatic promotion, forget the playoffs and start worrying about relegation.

Also expect the 3rd from bottom place club last season Sheffield Wednesday starting legal proceedings for loss of income, apparently Mandaric has already had lawyers all over it as if this had come to light last season QPR would have been relegated instead of Sheffield Wednesday because of the likely points deduction.

The hearing starts a week today with the results published on the 6th May the day before the last round of games. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:36 am

castleblue wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:So who exactly has pushed proceedings to court in the 1st place then , the FA or the Football League ? Cant imagine either wanting egg on face if sudenly 1 minute QPR are celebrating promotion then the next minute they are given a points deduction .

It's both the FA and the FL believe it or not but it's the FA which has raised the charges and set up the independent tribunal to hear the case.

I was unsure about the likely outcome of this whole thing until I was told last week that 2 of the charges against QPR are on behalf of the FL, QPR have been charged with fielding an ineligible player in FL match during season 2009-2010 and a second charge of fielding an ineligible player in season 2010-2011.

The remaining charges relate to 3rd party ownership, failing to declare a 3rd party interest in registration documents and submitting incorrect / false documentation and using or attempting to use an unlicensed agent. One charge has been made against both the club and Mr Paladini.

I have been told that there is absolutely no doubt about the 3rd party ownership and it was not declared in the original registration document pack. QPR are saying this was a mistake and not a deliberate attempt to conceal, this will not matter one dot to the FA and when QPR are found guilty the original registration will be cancelled hence the charges relating to fielding an ineligible player.

FL rules allow for a 3 point deduction for each game the player appeared in (39 matches in 2009-2010) and 6 matches during 2010-2011 although the 3rd party issue was not fully resolved until January 2011 so there may be more games this season.

The FA have the power to apply punishment on behalf of the FL and I have no doubt if the idependent tribunal find against the club they will. If thats the case forget automatic promotion, forget the playoffs and start worrying about relegation.

Also expect the 3rd from bottom place club last season Sheffield Wednesday starting legal proceedings for loss of income, apparently Mandaric has already had lawyers all over it as if this had come to light last season QPR would have been relegated instead of Sheffield Wednesday because of the likely points deduction.

The hearing starts a week today with the results published on the 6th May the day before the last round of games. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thank-you for that Castle as I have been wondering for a long time now about last season because if the player was illegible this season then by definition he had to be illegible last season to.

If this goes the way you have predicted then it would open up a whole can of worms and I can see Sheffield Wednesday being the first in a long line of clubs seeking compensation from QPR through the courts.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:17 am

If what Castle said is right and to be fair he seems to be very clued up on the charges that QPR face then i think they are deep in the brown stuff. I had heard previously from a reliable contact that they would get at least a 10 point deduction but after reading the charges and the number of games that they allegedly played an ineligible player then relegation might be a real possibility :o

Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:35 am

blueheaven wrote:If what Castle said is right and to be fair he seems to be very clued up on the charges that QPR face then i think they are deep in the brown stuff. I had heard previously from a reliable contact that they would get at least a 10 point deduction but after reading the charges and the number of games that they allegedly played an ineligible player then relegation might be a real possibility :o

Having read through a few different sights to get as much info as I can on this, it seems that the QPR defence will surround the fact that the FL didn't adopt the FA's thrid party agreement rules until July 2010, well after they signed Alejandro Faurlin.

However, the FA rules have been in place since the Tevez affair and every club under their duristiction must adhered to their rules and the FA has the power to deduct points. I seem to remember Castle explaining this a couple of days ago and his conclusion (which I now agree with) is that ignorance of the rules is no defence, as it was QPR's responsiblity to know the regulations before participating in FL competitions.

QPR will obvious ask that any punishment should be aimed at the administrators and not the players/fans who were not involved. The only problem with that is Alejandro Faurlin, who must have known about the third party agreement and the fallout from the Tevez affair.

I would say QPR are in a sticky situation and that situation becomes more sticky the closer we get to their points total.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:58 am

An Independent Regulatory Commission convened by the FA, not a court, will hear the charges brought against QPR in relation to alleged breaches of FA rules.

The hearing will start on Tuesday 03 May and their decision is due on Friday 6 May.

All teams play the Championship Division's last games of the season on Saturday 07 May.

The semi-final play-offs are scheduled to be played on 12,13,16 and 17 May. The play-off final is scheduled for 30 May.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary ... ini-050411

Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:04 am

If qpr were to be deducted points they can appeal, but they wont because the high court have already said in the tevez affair its got nothing to do with them what punishment the fl take. If the fl plan to deduct points you can bet they have already looked at all avenues qpr can go down

Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:07 am

Will points then look like they will be deducted immediately after the announcement (hence decision 6th may) - assuming that there is a deduction. So that not to confuse the play off situations?

Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:21 am

I just can't see QPR having points deducted, surely if there was any chance of this happening the media would be all over it?

Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:26 am

bahrainbluebird wrote:I just can't see QPR having points deducted, surely if there was any chance of this happening the media would be all over it?

They are???

Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:32 am

A lot of the media are ignoring the hearing all Ive heard the past week is qpr get promoted if they win. No mention of the hearing.
Lesser league clubs have already had points deducted this season, it's silly the fa left it this late with qpr

Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:34 am

Until last week I had no idea what the exact charges were against QPR only that there were 7 of them including using or attempting to use an unlicensed agent.

However last week completely by accident I bumped into an old friend in town and we had a drink together to catch up on things. I cannot say his name but believe me he has worked in football for over 40 years and currently works for UEFA.

Talk got around to the Bluebirds and he asked where I thought we would finish and I said I hoped 2nd, he replied with the hole QPR have dug for themselves 3rd will probably be good enough.I immediately asked him what he meant by that because having known him for over 20 years he is normally very careful with what he says because of his job, just a feeling he said which for this guy was bollocks he either knew something or he didn't so I pushed him further.

When I said he couldn't know because the FA I only made public that there were 7 charges and not what the 7 charges were he sort of smiled and gave me the its not what you know look. He wouldn't tell me how he found this out, more than my jobs worth and all that stuff, but most people think registration documents are lodged with the PL & FL which is right but they are also lodged with the FA.

In the case of the FA there are absolute requirements which must be submitted prior to registration i.e. for overseas players an international transfer certificate. Also for overseas players full written disclosure of the financial arrangements involved in the transfer including ALL payments to agents and FULL disclosure of any 3rd party interest in the player with full disclosure of the arrangements to but out the 3rd party interest.

When the FA introduced the new regulations regarding 3rd Party interest in players they developed lovely new forms to complete which must be submitted with the registration pack of documents. In this case no form was submitted confirming a 3rd party interest BIG BIG Mistake now it has all come out that the player is owned by a South American Company.

QPR have been supplied with a copy of original registration pack the club submitted and with details of the Company who claim ownership of the player, well their past ownership because QPR agreed terms to buy out their interest in January this year.

Failure to supply ALL documents required by the FA means the player registration under FL rules is null and void and the player becomes ineligible to play in any matches. I understand this process because I have been involved in football administration for over 20 years so I understand how it works.

When I heard that 2 of the charges related to a breach of FL rules regarding fielding an ineligible player I knew through my experience that QPR have a huge problem. The PL failed to properly apply their rules in the Tevez case but this time the FA are dealing with it and I don't think for one second that if QPR are found guilty, or in football terminolgy the case is proven 3rd place in this years championship will be good enough for automatic promotion.

If it is the case I will feel sorry for the QPR fans because they have done nothing wrong yet they will feel the pain of a guilty verdict more than anyone. But none of this is personal and if the boot was on the other football there would be 23 other championship clubs and their fans who would take our place.

Just the way of the world. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:39 am

castleblue wrote:Until last week I had no idea what the exact charges were against QPR only that there were 7 of them including using or attempting to use an unlicensed agent.

However last week completely by accident I bumped into an old friend in town and we had a drink together to catch up on things. I cannot say his name but believe me he has worked in football for over 40 years and currently works for UEFA.

Talk got around to the Bluebirds and he asked where I thought we would finish and I said I hoped 2nd, he replied with the hole QPR have dug for themselves 3rd will probably be good enough.I immediately asked him what he meant by that because having known him for over 20 years he is normally very careful with what he says because of his job, just a feeling he said which for this guy was bollocks he either knew something or he didn't so I pushed him further.

When I said he couldn't know because the FA I only made public that there were 7 charges and not what the 7 charges were he sort of smiled and gave me the its not what you know look. He wouldn't tell me how he found this out, more than my jobs worth and all that stuff, but most people think registration documents are lodged with the PL & FL which is right but they are also lodged with the FA.

In the case of the FA there are absolute requirements which must be submitted prior to registration i.e. for overseas players an international transfer certificate. Also for overseas players full written disclosure of the financial arrangements involved in the transfer including ALL payments to agents and FULL disclosure of any 3rd party interest in the player with full disclosure of the arrangements to but out the 3rd party interest.

When the FA introduced the new regulations regarding 3rd Party interest in players they developed lovely new forms to complete which must be submitted with the registration pack of documents. In this case no form was submitted confirming a 3rd party interest BIG BIG Mistake now it has all come out that the player is owned by a South American Company.

QPR have been supplied with a copy of original registration pack the club submitted and with details of the Company who claim ownership of the player, well their past ownership because QPR agreed terms to buy out their interest in January this year.

Failure to supply ALL documents required by the FA means the player registration under FL rules is null and void and the player becomes ineligible to play in any matches. I understand this process because I have been involved in football administration for over 20 years so I understand how it works.

When I heard that 2 of the charges related to a breach of FL rules regarding fielding an ineligible player I knew through my experience that QPR have a huge problem. The PL failed to properly apply their rules in the Tevez case but this time the FA are dealing with it and I don't think for one second that if QPR are found guilty, or in football terminolgy the case is proven 3rd place in this years championship will be good enough for automatic promotion.

If it is the case I will feel sorry for the QPR fans because they have done nothing wrong yet they will feel the pain of a guilty verdict more than anyone. But none of this is personal and if the boot was on the other football there would be 23 other championship clubs and their fans who would take our place.

Just the way of the world. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I would like to see what STAN the man has to say about that?

Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:40 am

Merlin wrote:
bahrainbluebird wrote:I just can't see QPR having points deducted, surely if there was any chance of this happening the media would be all over it?

They are???

All the talk in the media over the weekend was how QPR would have been crowned Champions had they beaten Hull, there was even a mass pitch invasion/celebration until news of the Norwich goal reached the stadium.

There was no mention of a possible points deduction. In my opinion it's all too quiet, if a points deduction were possible there would be a lot more coverage in the press, but that's just my opinion 8-) :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:42 am

All the talk in the media over the weekend was how QPR would have been crowned Champions had they beaten Hull, there was even a mass pitch invasion/celebration until news of the Norwich goal reached the stadium.

There was no mention of a possible points deduction. In my opinion it's all too quiet, if a points deduction were possible there would be a lot more coverage in the press, but that's just my opinion 8-) :ayatollah:

Well yeah = that would be the case seeing as the hearing doesnt start until 3rd of May?

Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:50 am

Another way to look at it is,

The FA could be waiting to deduct the points at he end of the season, so that every other team play their remaining games as if there were no penalties to be imposed.

You could then say that the final league positions of all clubs is a true reflection of where each club would have finished the season under normal circumstances.

1) Top 2
2) Playoff teams x 4
3) Relegated teams x 3
4) Rest of the league

They could then simply give a points deduction to QPR, dropping them into the play off positions, without pushing a team out of the playoffs to do so.

Or, even drop them to mid table, meaning no teams, other than QPR and the team now elevated to 1st, 2nd and the now vacant playoff spot are affected.

This would give the FA less of a headache, as opposed to deducting the points mid season, thus resulting in possibly a dozen clubs all raising claims that it has had an affect on where they ended the season.

Just my wild and optimistic thoughts. ;)

Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:55 am

ozzy31 wrote:be great if they get docked, cant see the FA doing it though...they haven't got the balls

where you been oz mate :)

yep i feel the same ball less but have to be careful that 3rd n7th dont take then to court for missing out.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:01 pm

they definately wont get docked points
100%
its pointless even considering it

Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:02 pm

Choosing the penultimate day of the season to make the announcement looks like an element of showmanship from the FA.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:48 pm

castleblue wrote: He wouldn't tell me how he found this out, more than my jobs worth and all that stuff, but most people think registration documents are lodged with the PL & FL which is right but they are also lodged with the FA.

Now we are getting to the nitty gritty and the above would explain why the Football League referred the matter to the FA. :P

Obviously there could be more detail to come out, but on this evidence QPR are f**ked

Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:00 pm

They let Swindon fans pay to go to Wembley, Swindon then won the play offs had a open top bus parade. Then ten days later the fa told them that they are getting demoted two divisions(which ending up one). Just watched a old HTV vid on it, on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOPFhLl7g7U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZSPZSCS ... re=related