Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO Steve Davies

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:55 am

Hi mate

now it looks as if we will finish 2nd or 3rd this season, if we do finish 3rd do u think the club will take any action if qpr are found guilty and get off with just a fine? :ayatollah:

Re: FAO Steve Davies

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:22 am

thehumblegringo wrote:Hi mate

now it looks as if we will finish 2nd or 3rd this season, if we do finish 3rd do u think the club will take any action if qpr are found guilty and get off with just a fine? :ayatollah:

I think the club are of the opinion that qpr will be docked points as are i believe are most chairmen of the championship clubs.
it would seem that the player in question has played in 6 gamesthis season where under league rules he was ineligible to play and that that could be a minimum of 3 points per game they get docked.
They are also accused of falsifiying documents relating to the third party ownership which is something that swindon were found guilty of a few years ago and look what happened to them.
The important thing here is that the case is being looked at by an independant QC who will give his judgement based on the facts put in front of him so the qpr fans who think that a deal has been done for a fine are wide of the mark.
It is also important to know that as the judgement will be given based on factual evidence and league rules Qpr will have no grounds to appeal against the decision.
to answer your original question if qpr do only get a fine then i would expect to see some sort of legal challenge from either ourselves or norwich as there have been precedents set with swindon and luton over some of the seven charges aimed at qpr

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:30 am

Hmmmm so watch this space then ...... when is the hearing ??

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:41 am

thanks for the reply mate, i hope ur right i don't think i could cope with this season ending in tears again!!

Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:17 am

steve davies wrote:

I think the club are of the opinion that qpr will be docked points as are i believe are most chairmen of the championship clubs.
it would seem that the player in question has played in 6 gamesthis season where under league rules he was ineligible to play and that that could be a minimum of 3 points per game they get docked.
They are also accused of falsifiying documents relating to the third party ownership which is something that swindon were found guilty of a few years ago and look what happened to them.
The important thing here is that the case is being looked at by an independant QC who will give his judgement based on the facts put in front of him so the qpr fans who think that a deal has been done for a fine are wide of the mark.
It is also important to know that as the judgement will be given based on factual evidence and league rules Qpr will have no grounds to appeal against the decision.
to answer your original question if qpr do only get a fine then i would expect to see some sort of legal challenge from either ourselves or norwich as there have been precedents set with swindon and luton over some of the seven charges aimed at qpr

I like the sound of that mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Are you reading QPR, are you reading QPR.... :lol: :lol:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:37 am

steve davies wrote:

Just thought i'd have a look at other clubs interpretation of what might happen.

We may get deducted points, we may not, but just thought i'd question what you claim here.
You say precedents that may be used have been set by the Swindon and Luton incidents, Swindon appealed so surely that leaves us grounds to appeal, you can't claim as it will based on factual evidence we can't appeal after using Swindon as a precedent

Swindon anyway (from what I have looked at) were charged with 36 offences, 35 for financial irregularities, illegal payments etc not really the same situation here. Luton I think were docked 10 points for paying something like 6 separate unregistered agents through a holding company, strictly against the rules now and also it was then, again different circumstances.
Nobody has any idea of what might happen, it is all complete speculation, as is suggesting most chairmen think we will be docked points, unless you've spoken to them all.