Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IS IT FAIR?

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:03 pm

I Cardiff played QPR on Saturday afternoon so only had 48 hours to recover to play Preston who they started off playing brilliantly against but clearly tired towards the end and probably would have drawn the game if not for some heroic defending by all and especially Mark Hudson. Nevertheless a cracking 1-0 victory to relegate Preston.

Derby also played on Saturday afternoon and only had 46 hours recovery time to play championship high flyers Norwich City and they fought very well against all the odds to try and secure themselves championship football next season while also doing Cardiff City a favour at the same time. But almost inevitably they were worn out by the crucial final quarter and were denied a point but as results went tier way they will be playing in the championship next season.

Norwich played on Thursday night so had 87 hours recovery time, almost double what city and Derby had, and they then go on to benefit from higher energy and fitness levels after a longer period of recovery to beat Derby into the ground in the final quarter and win 3-2 with a 95th minute winner.

Is this fair? Is that a level playing field at this crucial stage of the season?

Re: IS IT FAIR?

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:07 pm

Cry some more to the police who moved the Norwich game.

Maybe it was also a conspiracy that we've dropped enough points over the season for it to be anywhere near a factor?

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:09 pm

We need to get over this, we sound like 7 year old kids bemoaning someone else getting the last sweet, "It's Not Fair".

Yes it should have been played on Saturday with a noon kick off, but it wasn't. It wouldn't have been that important if we were five points clear of them as we should have been.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:15 pm

nerd wrote:Cry some more to the police who moved the Norwich game.

Maybe it was also a conspiracy that we've dropped enough points over the season for it to be anywhere near a factor?

I was unaware that was why the game was moved but even if that is the case, surely they should have had everyone playing at the same time in the interest of fairness at this crucial time of the season. It would have been no problem to have everyone playing on the thursday night or move norwich v ipswich to a early saturday kick off

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:19 pm

Wayne S wrote:We need to get over this, we sound like 7 year old kids bemoaning someone else getting the last sweet, "It's Not Fair".

Yes it should have been played on Saturday with a noon kick off, but it wasn't. It wouldn't have been that important if we were five points clear of them as we should have been.

Got nothing to do with any points we dropped or should have by now, i'm just making the point that it is completely unfair that norwich have had almost an extra 48 hours over THE WHOLE of the championship

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:21 pm

matthewpope534 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:We need to get over this, we sound like 7 year old kids bemoaning someone else getting the last sweet, "It's Not Fair".

Got nothing to do with any points we dropped or should have by now, i'm just making the point that it is completely unfair that norwich have had almost an extra 48 hours over THE WHOLE of the championship

Was it any fairer we had an extra couple of hours rest over Preston?

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:22 pm

we can blame the norwich away match when we were winning but let in a goal right at the end of the game,

But oh well, premiership, championship, league 1, conference, welsh league i dont care as long as my club is still around, city til i die :ayatollah: