Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

7 minutes of extra time!

Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:00 pm

You've got to be f'in kidding me

Re: 7 minutes of extra time!

Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:05 pm

Just like us against Reading at home. No one complained then though. ;)

Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:35 pm

Roath_Bluebird wrote:Just like us against Reading at home. No one complained then though. ;)

That's not true - the free kick in the Reading game was given before the 4 minutes were up - Reading then argued with the ref for 3 mins - it would have been inequitable if the ref had then said we couldn't take the free-kick, given the fact that thet had caused all the delay!

If a similar thing happened at Norwich today then fair enough, but if it was 7 minutes of open play, then that's a different matter.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:27 pm

Die Walkure wrote:
Roath_Bluebird wrote:Just like us against Reading at home. No one complained then though. ;)

If a similar thing happened at Norwich today then fair enough, but if it was 7 minutes of open play, then that's a different matter.

Evening Chaps

There were 5 minutes of added time actually signalled. There were 5 substitutions & 2 bookings during up to the 90 minute mark - 30 seconds for each is 3 & a half mins. Savage took well over a minute to get off the pitch when he was subbed and Derby wasted time at every conceivable opportunity. Was actually stunned it was only 5 - 7 or 8 would have been closer to the mark imo. They then made another sub during stoppage time, and the ref made it clear when this player was crawling off the pitch that he was adding more time for this.
I believe we scored after 5 mins & 7 seconds of stoppage time, and the ref actually played 7 mins & 30 seconds (added a minute of so for the goal celebration

Whoever gets 2nd will deserve it - all the best

Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:31 pm

NorfolkNGood wrote:
Die Walkure wrote:

Evening Chaps

There were 5 minutes of added time actually signalled. There were 5 substitutions & 2 bookings during up to the 90 minute mark - 30 seconds for each is 3 & a half mins. Savage took well over a minute to get off the pitch when he was subbed and Derby wasted time at every conceivable opportunity. Was actually stunned it was only 5 - 7 or 8 would have been closer to the mark imo. They then made another sub during stoppage time, and the ref made it clear when this player was crawling off the pitch that he was adding more time for this.
I believe we scored after 5 mins & 7 seconds of stoppage time, and the ref actually played 7 mins & 30 seconds (added a minute of so for the goal celebration

Whoever gets 2nd will deserve it - all the best

Fair enough then :lol: :lol: :lol: please don't be offended if we start singing Play up Pompey Chief :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:24 pm

No worries pal - We'll all be Boro fans at 5:15 next Monday :lol:

Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:29 pm

NorfolkNGood wrote:No worries pal - We'll all be Boro fans at 5:15 next Monday :lol:

worst of luck and we'll prolly be seeing you or reading and qpr in the prem next season :D :D :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:36 pm

NorfolkNGood wrote:No worries pal - We'll all be Boro fans at 5:15 next Monday :lol:

:lol: :lol: , we will beat borough, 3-0, what can you do? :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:00 pm

ninianblue wrote:

If I'm honest I dont fancy us to get more than a point from Pompey. Holt is max 75% fit, Whitbread went off with a hip injury today (only other fit Centre Back is Rob Edwards who is on loan from Blackpool), Russell Martin (our right back) was struggling at the end today with an ankle knock.

I fully expect you to be in pole position by this time next Monday, but then slip up at Burnley on the last day and we pip you by a point :lol:

Pip you to the title that is - after QPR get deducted 18 points by that lovely tribunal. :lol: :lol:

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:17 pm

NorfolkNGood wrote:
ninianblue wrote:

If I'm honest I dont fancy us to get more than a point from Pompey. Holt is max 75% fit, Whitbread went off with a hip injury today (only other fit Centre Back is Rob Edwards who is on loan from Blackpool), Russell Martin (our right back) was struggling at the end today with an ankle knock.

I fully expect you to be in pole position by this time next Monday, but then slip up at Burnley on the last day and we pip you by a point :lol:

Pip you to the title that is - after QPR get deducted 18 points by that lovely tribunal. :lol: :lol:

Let's hope so mate, and good of you that you're not one to come on here and have an almighty go at us like some of your fellow supporters :roll:

I've had a right go at Norwich recently including today, for no good reason really ! Just so frustrated that we're not clear in 2nd, especially with us having such a good squad, certainly the best we've had in DJ's time here.

Interesting to see that you're not so confident for next week, but as we all know Portsmouth is a tough place to go. Nice for us to be playing first next week, let's see if we can put some pressure on you this time ! :ayatollah:

Good luck for the final pair of games then mate, let's hope we can both somehow finish in the top 2, because I've got a funny feeling that QPR are in a spot of bother, but then who knows !

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:43 pm

Cheers Cwmann - Can't be doing with all this keyboard warrior bullshit! I like to have a nose around to see what fans of other clubs are thinking this is one of the better boards out there imo. Its actually a change to get some decent replies apart from "f**k off carrot cruncher, go & shag your sister" :lol:

We had no expectation to be where we are now at the start of the season, but its been amazing for us & the squad Lambert has built may not be household names but have heart & guts & never ever give up - hence all the late goals

Good luck to you too - if we do both go up I'll come back on here & fill a post with the ayatollah smiley!

Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:03 am

Well it's clear to everyone that it's a case of when and not if you'll be promoted, the ideal scenario being that you beat the Jacks in the PO final after we go nick 2nd, so you can give them a taste of what we suffered last year !

Keep the faith :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:10 am

f**k off carrot cruncher and go shag your sister :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:43 am

Play up pompey , Pompey play up . Its their last match at home , theyll want to win it !!!! We let them win FA cup they owe us one :lol: :lol:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:40 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:f**k off carrot cruncher and go shag your sister :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:46 pm

NorfolkNGood wrote:Cheers Cwmann - Can't be doing with all this keyboard warrior bullshit! I like to have a nose around to see what fans of other clubs are thinking this is one of the better boards out there imo. Its actually a change to get some decent replies apart from "f**k off carrot cruncher, go & shag your sister" :lol:

We had no expectation to be where we are now at the start of the season, but its been amazing for us & the squad Lambert has built may not be household names but have heart & guts & never ever give up - hence all the late goals

Good luck to you too - if we do both go up I'll come back on here & fill a post with the ayatollah smiley!

Oi.... f**k off carrot inserter and go shag your sister!!!!

Actually, i worked in Norwich a fair bit over the years, tidy place. Nice people.
I like how everyone in the City supports the Football Club. Its our aim (and we
are getting there) to totally smash Rugby and have a metropolitan area of over
1.75m with only one football club, and one love.

Peace be upon you.

Play up Pompey!!! ;)

Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:20 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Play up pompey , Pompey play up . Its their last match at home , theyll want to win it !!!! We let them win FA cup they owe us one :lol: :lol:

Good stuff, now I really feel at home here :lol:

The thread about QPR is a very interesting read..... :twisted: