Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

interesting dillema bellamy

Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:29 am

According to bellamy fitness coach on Twitter,says bellamy not physically ready to play,but its crunch time for automatic promotion,but we risk bellamy missing playoffs.so Dave Jones got tough choice.

Re: interesting dillema bellamy

Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:34 am

I've just read that as well, maybe have him on the bench or something to be called upon with about half an hour to go? I believe we have the quality in the side to beat preston without bellamy. Maybe stick chopra in since he seems to be fine to play now

Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:44 am

Worrying news! :(

Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:51 am

Im afraid he has to play, imagine if DJ drops him and norwich lose and so do we! Bellamy has been outstanding last 6 games, he has a week to recover till boro on monday, cant afford to rest our main man this far into the run in

Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:54 am

I'd leave this purely down to Bellamy. Ask him how he feels. He's been brilliant but we are a team and I firmly believe we can beat Preston without Bellamy. Have him on the bench if he's not feeling great but if he feels fine, start him!

Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:11 am

heres link.
https://twitter.com/#!/raymondverheije

Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:26 am

He's a £15m player on £80,000 a week no way on gods earth would they risk him as twitter comments like that from his official fitness coach will come back to haunt him from the insurance company who cover him should anything happen.

I'd say he's just 90% fit & not the usual 100% fit that's all. Recovery time from the QPR game has been next to nothing as we know. High impact players like Bellamy need longer than 48 hrs to recover, especially after playing in scorching heat that affects recovery even more.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:07 am

He has to be on the bench and only used in emergancy situation --ie all square with 20 minutes to go

Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:53 am

not worth the risk starting him in my opinion with 2 games so close together. subs bench and bring him on for last 30min if we need him. :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:37 am

I think don't risk him have him on the bench, start Chops and we have JET as a great option also. Iing to see what interesting to see what Jones does!

Absolutely livid over the rest time we have been given compared to Norwich.

Mentally the squad are readier than ever! Game on!

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:48 am

play him from the start and maybe take him off later! .... we really need him out there! ... f**k the play-offs, i cant be doing with those games again!

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:54 am

I say put him on the bench and let the other players play instead to try and boost team moral all round ie not just starting XI. Making sure the other players are up to matches is important, and if things aren't going our way that's when its time to bring him on. Messing with an injury is never a good idea.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:03 pm

we should rest bellamy if we can't beat preston without bellamy,

we'v got severe problems going into the play-offs if we end up there