Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MINI-UPDATE SUNDAY 24th APRIL 2011

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:13 pm

Only a quick update on what I have heard over the previous days.

Firstly Tom Heaton will be fully fit and ready for a return against Middlesbrough next week. Tom is fit enough to play for 20-30 mins if needed but knows his groin would not take the demand of a full 90 minutes. Kicking is the main problem but he is adamant that he will be fit for next week.

Michael Chopra returned a little sooner than expected but he did return before the season end like we announced on here weeks ago that he would.

Dave Jones goes into hospital on Tuesday to have a wash out of his knee, he will be having an operation but has put it off until the season ends. I don't think Dave is planning on putting his boots on just yet so don't panic :lol:

Peter Ridsdale carried out his old Golden ticket scam on the Plymouth fans back at the end of 2010 and is staying as a guest of the Chairman of PAFC in his holiday home. The Plymouth fans bought the season tickets but unfortunately may not be seeing League 1 football next year or even worse still may not even have a club if they don't find investors and soon. I don't think the Plymouth fans knew how grave the situation was when they bought their season tickets early and are now worried like any of us were when we were faced with the same situation by the Riddler.

Tickets for Preston so far we have sold approximately 2250, there are tickets to buy at Deepdale for anyone who wishes to go last minute, contact Vince Alm before travelling if you wish to buy a ticket.

I have written this up in between writing a book for Annis who is constantly ringing despite being on holiday.

Re: MINI-UPDATE SUNDAY 24th APRIL 2011

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:15 pm

Cheers Carl! :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:15 pm

so carl....what bout the sunday mail rumour that us and the brummies are after danny swanson?

"Birmingham City and Cardiff City are keeping tabs on Dundee United winger Danny Swanson." :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:18 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:so carl....what bout the sunday mail rumour that us and the brummies are after danny swanson?

"Birmingham City and Cardiff City are keeping tabs on Dundee United winger Danny Swanson." :ayatollah:

DJ went to watch Dundee Utd earlier this season and he kept tabs on a number of players including Swanson and Conway :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:21 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:so carl....what bout the sunday mail rumour that us and the brummies are after danny swanson?

DJ went to watch Dundee Utd earlier this season and he kept tabs on a number of players including Swanson and Conway :ayatollah:

ah right i heard conway is pretty decent but never heard of swanson...lets hope hes good eh? :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:22 pm

It is true about Tom Heaton, as he said it to me yesterday after the match

Best of luck to my friend DJ with having his knee washed :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:25 pm

DJ and parkin upfront against preston? sounds deadly! :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:25 pm

lewis91 wrote:DJ and parkin upfront against preston? sounds deadly! :ayatollah:

greggs would be out of stock in seconds :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:48 pm

I have written this up in between writing a book for Annis who is constantly ringing despite being on holiday.[/quote]

Well if you need any photos for your book I've got loads ;)

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:55 pm

Gezza wrote:I have written this up in between writing a book for Annis who is constantly ringing despite being on holiday.

Well if you need any photos for your book I've got loads ;)[/quote]
Wouldn't mind you sending them over Gezza :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:09 pm

Nice one, Carl....always good to have an update no matter how small :ayatollah:

Interesting news on the Riddler but didn't I hear somewhere that Plymouth were in 'advanced' talks....or was that perhaps Portsmouth?? (Apologies to all if it was the latter :oops: )

Dave Jones getting his boots back on?? Hey, as long as it keeps Naylor out of the end of season fixtures!! :lol:

Interesting 'developments' at QPR in your earlier post/response....and I repeat that it is far far better for us to push on to get 2nd place in order to be the ONLY club immune from all that may potentially occur!!

For the record (fao others):

The team in 3rd will have reasonable grounds to appeal IF QPR are promoted

The team in 7th will have reasonable grounds to appeal IF they are NOT in the play-offs

The teams in 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th will NOT know if/when they can LEGITIMATELY play their play-off semi-finals, whilst the team in 7th will (again) be claiming the RIGHT to be there....leaving the team in 2nd place as the ONLY unaffected team and GUARANTEED their place in the Premiership next season!!

I hope and pray it is us and NOTHING our newfound friend STAN-QPR says in their defence should steer you away from a simple FACT: QPR are in a LOT of trouble and need to brace themselves for diappointment....and then the legal fireworks will light the beautiful Spring sky!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:07 am

wanna take me to preston carl discount price :D

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:32 pm

Cheers for the latest update Carl.

Had BBC Radio 5 live on this morning, Monday. John Still Dagenham's manager, mentioned that Cardiff scouts were at Friday's home game V Plymouth and were watching one of their players. Any idea whom it is?

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:41 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Gezza wrote:I have written this up in between writing a book for Annis who is constantly ringing despite being on holiday.

Well if you need any photos for your book I've got loads ;)

Wouldn't mind you sending them over Gezza :ayatollah:[/quote]
Carl I've a good few photos ,some are already in books. Don't mind anyone borrowing em ,some are good & some are a bit naughty :evil: .So Mr Rivers ;) if your reading this any chance I can get em back :D

Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:50 pm

Hey Carl, can you tell us what the book is called???

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:21 am

Sven Ghali wrote:i hope and pray it is us and NOTHING our newfound friend STAN-QPR says in their defence should steer you away from a simple FACT: QPR are in a LOT of trouble and need to brace themselves for diappointment....and then the legal fireworks will light the beautiful Spring sky!!

Haha you are in for a big let down my friend.

Had a very interesting phone call this morning at 8:05 & again I will say it no points deduction not even 1.

Believe what you want & of course its all hear say at the minute but the fa are absolutely NOT pushing for points & that will be confirmed on the 6TH.

Your post reeks of desperation mate wanting to go up on the back of QPR's pending case. I wouldn't want my club going up in that way. But hey that's me.

Roll on the 6th.

:lol:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:46 am

clutching at no straws sir,I do believe that QPR are in a lot of trouble,falsyfying documents is a major offence,if true then your club deserve the maximum points deduction, hopefully to see them out of the play offs, whinge all you want, but look what happened to Swindon, Luton, especially Swindon, thought they were promoted..in fact they got relegated.
Money in this case wont talk.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:31 pm

Who's whinging??

You will be whinging big time by the sounds of it when we get our fine.

We seem to have been found guilty before the hearing has even taken place! :roll:

Wed May 04, 2011 5:01 pm

You have.

FA found enough evidence to issue charges.

It's up to your club to defend those charges.

Thu May 05, 2011 8:48 pm

Carl, Look forward to your Big Sunday Update :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: