Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

preston defence problems

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:40 pm

this is taken off preston site

Phil Brown is going into the remaining three games with an even more threadbare defence after Khumalo limped off yesterday before Preston surrended at Millwall.

Leon Cort who has been out for a number of weeks travelled with the squad but was not included and could be risked into a return at home against Cardiff on Easter Monday. If he does not make it then Bailey Wright, the teenager will be thrown in against Bellamy, Chopra and the other Cardiff forwards.

Sean St Ledger has been out since the last international games and is unlikely to feature for Preston for the rest of the season. David Gray is out for the season along with Mcgloghlin.

The defence is already at breaking point with Jones playing at left back and Nicholson playing as an emergency right back. If Wright does come in then Cardiff will fancy scoring a few at Deepdale tomorrow

Re: preston defence problems

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:45 pm

Not good seeing any players injured, but every little helps at the moment. Could we give our Goal Difference a boost? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:40 pm

could be handy,,,,,,get at them :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:17 pm

rhonddablue1 wrote:this is taken off preston site

Phil Brown is going into the remaining three games with an even more threadbare defence after Khumalo limped off yesterday before Preston surrended at Millwall.

Leon Cort who has been out for a number of weeks travelled with the squad but was not included and could be risked into a return at home against Cardiff on Easter Monday. If he does not make it then Bailey Wright, the teenager will be thrown in against Bellamy, Chopra and the other Cardiff forwards.

Sean St Ledger has been out since the last international games and is unlikely to feature for Preston for the rest of the season. David Gray is out for the season along with Mcgloghlin.

The defence is already at breaking point with Jones playing at left back and Nicholson playing as an emergency right back. If Wright does come in then Cardiff will fancy scoring a few at Deepdale tomorrow

Interesting stuff.

I thought Billy Jones was the pick of their defense at the CCS, but Cort was OK -Brown was awful.
Given they will have had very little rest since the late KO vs millwall they could be there for the taking.

DOn't know about Goal Diff, but 3 points would be very very welcome.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:15 pm

One Nil off Paul Quinn's arse would do! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:21 pm

all about the 3 points, but wouldn't mind a bit of payback! Can they go down tomorrow as well depending on other results?

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:24 pm

if they are definitely without those players tomorrow i hope we thrash the fuckers and nearly put them down. payback is a bitch

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:54 pm

plus they will probably be stiff as boards
not the fittest side in the league been caught sleeping many of time !

I PREDICT A RIOT :ayatollah:

due to the relagation circumstances they might make it tough but even then still 2-0 cardiff at least

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:26 pm

I have also heard that Robbie Savage plans to chain Grant Holt, Simeon Jackson and Wes Hooligan together and walk them around Carrow Road the way he did with Adel Taraabt at QPR - guaranteeing a 0-0 draw. Happy days! :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:20 pm

jon1959 wrote:I have also heard that Robbie Savage plans to chain Grant Holt, Simeon Jackson and Wes Hooligan together and walk them around Carrow Road the way he did with Adel Taraabt at QPR - guaranteeing a 0-0 draw. Happy days! :ayatollah:

Wes hooligan is a c**t,
:ayatollah:
he better not score or I'l be .. annoyed?

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:59 am

shaky wrote:all about the 3 points, but wouldn't mind a bit of payback! Can they go down tomorrow as well depending on other results?

Yes, if Palace win.

Sky saying Cort and StLeger 'set for return', which will give them a decent back 4

Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:43 am

we just need the win, ill take 3, 1 nils from the last 3 games! an we need to hope pompey do us a massive favour as i think norwich will win theyre 2 home games.