Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

People article re poss QPR points deduction

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:43 am

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/2011/04/2 ... -23082750/

Hopefully the link will work.

No direct quotes and a lot of what they have said is pretty obvious, but there is reference to an "insider" saying that a points deduction is probable.

I agree with what they say though, there'd be mayhem.

Do we think City would challenge any decision not to deduct points in the event that we finish 3rd?

Re: People article re poss QPR points deduction

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:55 am

QPR are prepared to wreck the Championship play-offs – as they are facing the threat of a 15-POINT deduction.

Rangers fear their automatic ticket to the Premier League – and a £90million windfall – will be ripped up when an independent commission rules on their controversial Alejandro Faurlin signing.

But People Sport can reveal that the Hoops will appeal against any deduction – sparking the biggest legal wrangle ever in English football.

The decision is due on the eve of the final match of the Championship season, on May 6 – but Rangers would have 14 DAYS to appeal.

It would throw the play-offs into chaos, with the semi-finals due to start on May 12.

If Neil Warnock’s team lose 10 or 15 points – which FA insiders reckon is probable – it will spark mayhem.

But if they are not penalised by a points deduction, the third-placed club could begin legal action for losing out on promotion and a £90m jackpot to a team that allegedly broke the rules.

QPR – who deny the charges, but hope to escape with a massive fine – are prepared to go all the way to get any points restored.

If a large points deduction were imposed, the Londoners would drop out of the top two and the third-placed club would head for an automatic promotion place.

But the play-offs, including the Wembley final, would become pointless as the legal battle rages on.

The only thing QPR and the FA agree on is that an appeal would make the play-offs meaningless.

And Wembley chiefs are in a panic about the verdict and its overall implications – holding several fraught meetings over recent days.

Faurlin has played 39 games this season and been a key part of the club’s success since his move from Argentinian side Instituto de Cordoba.

But Rangers face seven charges relating to Faurlin – the four most serious over an allegation he was owned by a third party – an arrangement outlawed after West Ham’s Carlos Tevez affair in 2007.

The FA want to know where the Faurlin fee ended up, and are looking into the player’s paper trail.

However, the investigation – which began eight months ago – is painfully slow and causing problems.

Rangers met the commission chief recently and astonishingly new questions were raised which have yet to be answered.

So the three-day hearing, starting a week on Wednesday, has an uphill task to make one of the biggest rulings ever.

A leading official said last night: “There is potential madness ahead. Nobody knows, at any level, what the procedure is after that.

“The play-offs begin a week later and nobody would know who was playing who.

“Clubs, fans and organisers would not know when the games were on and how long the process would take.”

There seems to be no room for negotiating the size of the penalty. And there is no precedent for the case which is causing turmoil at FA HQ.

Comparisons have been made to the Tevez saga, but the Premier League took charge of that affair and controversially let off West Ham with a heavy fine and NO points deduction.

Sheffield United – ironically managed by Warnock at the time – went on to win a separate court action and collected millions in compensation from the Irons after being relegated.

QPR’s case would give the team that finishes third similar grounds for legal action.

The final point made in this write up was a question I asked last week on here and believe would happen.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:56 am

They won't get a point deduction, it'll be a fine.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:06 am

SteW wrote:They won't get a point deduction, it'll be a fine.

I always thought this but it seems the more the FA dig, the more they find and the charges may grow.

Let's hope it does not affect the end of season on the football side.

Friggin' money, spoils everything. Can we please take the game back for the fans.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:25 am

If QPR are found guilty and I say IF they will absolutely get a points deduction and the number of points lost will depend on which of the 7 charges they are found guilty on.

If they are found guilty of using an unlicensed agent they can expect to get a point deduction of 10 points on that charge alone, why because Luton Town were given that penalty when they were found guilty on this charge 2 years ago.

However the more serious charges relate to submitting false registration documents and 3rd party ownership and if the club are found guilty on these charges then that will effectively cancel his registration and the club WILL be fined and docked points for playing an unregistered player.

Football League rules require a 3 point deduction for every game the player appears in and IF QPR are found guilty the forget 15 points IMO they will be deducted so many points they will be lucky to belevel on points with Sheffield Utd.

Will that be right well IMO absolutely not because the only people who suffer are the Manager, players and fans of QPR but none of that will matter to the FA because history will show anyone who takes time to look that is how the FA deal with these things. Far better for the longterm health of football would be lifetime bans on Mr Paliadini and anyone else at QPR who have their fingerprints on these documents but the FA won't do that.

Be absolutely certain of one thing the FA will realise that any point deductions which leaves QPR in the playoffs would cause all sorts of chaos and may well lead to the 7th placed club appealing or taking legal action against the FA for not applying its rules, the FA know this and unlike the PL who botched the tevez case the FA will absolutely not be found wanting here.

AT the moment QPR are innocent and we have to wait and see if these allegations against them are proved in this tribunal, but trust me if they are it wouldn't surprise me at all if after the points are deducted QPR finish bottom of the league. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:25 am

I think the club would appeal. Everyone was fuming over Bellamy loan and we played it strictly by the book so in my view the club has to appeal.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:29 am

I hope they get a points deduction. They cheated simple as. If the situation was reversed, Warnock would be screaming bloody murder.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:30 am

This is how fking silly people are, god dam all the body's involved in this hearing must be well know of what could happen if it was left till that date. This kind of thing only make innocent club suffer also,we all know how unfair this game of football can be, and when you bring into play the way some of these refs reach a decision on the field only to fine out that they were way out wrong on the TV spy cams. God you would think a simple thing like ,was QPR right or wrong could be handled in the right way as not to also drag other clubs and 1000s of fans into it also. Makes me sick and these people are running football, they shouldn't be running a fking raffle or is that what they think they are doing ?

This is like the American thing ,ok lets put the guy in the Gas chamber and after he is dead we can have a hearing to see if or not he was guilty of the crime we just killed him for. WANKERS! :evil: :evil:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:55 am

IMO if they are given a 15 point deduction and then appeal I would tell them that if they lose the appeal the play-offs won't be replayed. So they either take a chance on the playoffs or a chance on the appeal. If they appeal and lose then third placed team go up automatic and if third placed team win playoffs then runner up in final goes up aswell. This is probably what the FA have wanted from the start to make the Cardiff v Swansea playoff final easy to police by having both teams promoted.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:04 am

Just got this feeling if we look like being in 3rd place then QPR will be found guily so a Welsh PO final can be avoided.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:11 am

castleblue wrote:If QPR are found guilty and I say IF they will absolutely get a points deduction and the number of points lost will depend on which of the 7 charges they are found guilty on.

If they are found guilty of using an unlicensed agent they can expect to get a point deduction of 10 points on that charge alone, why because Luton Town were given that penalty when they were found guilty on this charge 2 years ago.

However the more serious charges relate to submitting false registration documents and 3rd party ownership and if the club are found guilty on these charges then that will effectively cancel his registration and the club WILL be fined and docked points for playing an unregistered player.

Football League rules require a 3 point deduction for every game the player appears in and IF QPR are found guilty the forget 15 points IMO they will be deducted so many points they will be lucky to belevel on points with Sheffield Utd.

Will that be right well IMO absolutely not because the only people who suffer are the Manager, players and fans of QPR but none of that will matter to the FA because history will show anyone who takes time to look that is how the FA deal with these things. Far better for the longterm health of football would be lifetime bans on Mr Paliadini and anyone else at QPR who have their fingerprints on these documents but the FA won't do that.

Be absolutely certain of one thing the FA will realise that any point deductions which leaves QPR in the playoffs would cause all sorts of chaos and may well lead to the 7th placed club appealing or taking legal action against the FA for not applying its rules, the FA know this and unlike the PL who botched the tevez case the FA will absolutely not be found wanting here.

AT the moment QPR are innocent and we have to wait and see if these allegations against them are proved in this tribunal, but trust me if they are it wouldn't surprise me at all if after the points are deducted QPR finish bottom of the league. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I have been told from 2 different people that 'insiders' believe it will be a minimum of 10points.

Also I am told that his registration was ineligible for the first 6 games and therefore if found guilty on that charge then they will get 18 points.

I do not know any of these as fact but only what people are claiming to be.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:16 am

Absolutely no direct quotes as usual.

All old re hashed lines we heard 2 months ago & the implications for the F.A. alone are enough to realise a fine is the only option.

The Sunday People the very newspaper that brought us the potential blockbuster signings for QPR of Zinedine Zidane & Luis Figo!! Yawnnnn!

Fine will suffice & nothing will be affected.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:54 am

its all too much for my fuzzy head :?

Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:26 am

Faurlin has played 39 games this season and been a key part of the club’s success since his move from Argentinian side Instituto de Cordoba.

based on this figure

39 x 3=117 + 10 = 127 QPR could get 93 points that would put them -34 points at the start of next season :o

I have been told from 2 different people that 'insiders' believe it will be a minimum of 10points.

Also I am told that his registration was ineligible for the first 6 games and therefore if found guilty on that charge then they will get 18 points.

I do not know any of these as fact but only what people are claiming to be.

its all to much for me at the mo i would prefere a 3 win run and points lost from norwich :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:31 am

I don't think the FA will have the balls to deduct points due to the total chaos it will cause as outlined in The People article. Just a fine IMO :(

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:24 pm

sparky.1927 wrote:I don't think the FA will have the balls to deduct points due to the total chaos it will cause as outlined in The People article. Just a fine IMO :(

If QPR are found guilty then they will have no choice but to deduct points else they will find themsleves in hotter water.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:39 pm

sparky.1927 wrote:I don't think the FA will have the balls to deduct points due to the total chaos it will cause as outlined in The People article. Just a fine IMO :(

What about the chaos for the FA if QPR go up with no points deductions and the resulting actions for the 3rd placed team going to court over these circumstances?

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:41 pm

its just way too much for my head, i am now going to drrink a bottle of white to calm it down :D

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:20 pm

Carl
What puzzles me is QPR will accept a heavy fine so they know they have broken the rules!!!! I can recall Luton and other league clubs getting points deuction. I for one would like them to go up but if they have broken the rules and nothing is done what stops other clubs doing the same?

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:40 pm

Midfield general wrote:Does the team finishing 1st get more financial reward than the team in second..?

Yeah, but not even enough to relay a tenth of a football pitch would you believe! As Stan has said a total rehash by a tabloid and a poor one at that. Truth be known, nobody knows anything and such talk by insiders, if proven would be sub-judicial and could be proved to preformed any outcome. But I think that everyone can guarantee one thing for certain, if a points deduction did occur that effected the final table then QPR would make full use of the judicial system that could take many months to process and in the meantime injunct the promotion process. The FA in the meantime would have to make sure that any guilt is so watertight that they would not leave themselves open to being sued by the club which could see the FA going bust.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:15 pm

DWQPR wrote:
Midfield general wrote:Does the team finishing 1st get more financial reward than the team in second..?

Yeah, but not even enough to relay a tenth of a football pitch would you believe! As Stan has said a total rehash by a tabloid and a poor one at that. Truth be known, nobody knows anything and such talk by insiders, if proven would be sub-judicial and could be proved to preformed any outcome. But I think that everyone can guarantee one thing for certain, if a points deduction did occur that effected the final table then QPR would make full use of the judicial system that could take many months to process and in the meantime injunct the promotion process. The FA in the meantime would have to make sure that any guilt is so watertight that they would not leave themselves open to being sued by the club which could see the FA going bust.

When is the last time any club took action against a National Association ?

As any club would risk being suspended from ALL activity in football by FIFA I really think that QPR would have to man up and take whatever punishment is handed down Should They Be Found Guilty.

Even Juventus had to lay down a accept being relegated by the Italian FA after they won the Italian League but were deducted points to make sure they were relegated handing the Serie A title to Inter Milan. They were also banned from entry to the Champions League costing the club millions but they never took any action against the Italian FA other than a Hail Mary appeal.

The reason is to do so Would bring FIFA down on them and as no club can be involved in football with a FIFA ban in place Juventus backed off. I'm sure Juventus had plenty of hot shot lawyers prepared to fight their corner much like QPR but do you really think if the worst happened QPR would risk being banned by FIFA.

As I say QPR need to be found guilty and if they are what they are found guilty of will decide the level of punishment but believe me no football club would risk being suspended by FIFA for taking action against a National Association.

I would have thought Briartore would understand that afterall he sat and accepted his 5 year ban from Formula 1 for cheating didn't he. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:16 pm

So basically, theoretically QPR could delay, delay, delay the process deliberately IF they know they are guilty, throwing money at it?

That really, really stinks - regardless of what happens, you need Paladini out pronto.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:22 pm

just hope theres no back hand payments

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:30 pm

If they are deducted enough points to put them out of the playoffs then they can't disrupt the playoffs. Or if they are relegated 2 divisions then changed to one on appeal. The FA have a bottom less pit of cash so it would be difficult for QPR to get any where. But if they are guilty then the level of punishment should match previous clubs. But then again they might of broken different laws which have set no precedent before it .

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:31 pm

nerd wrote:So basically, theoretically QPR could delay, delay, delay the process deliberately IF they know they are guilty, throwing money at it?

That really, really stinks - regardless of what happens, you need Paladini out pronto.

No QPR cannot use the courts to delay the implementation of any discplinary action against them, Sheffield Utd attempted to get a High Court order forcing the PL to deduct points from West Ham Utd. The request was thrown out by the High Court and the reason given was the courts had no right to interfere with the application of the disciplinary process of the PL.

If it comes to this then any attempted legal action would be thrown out in days as Sheffield Utd found out in 2007. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:38 pm

Castleblue you seem to know the rules, how long and how many times can they appeal? I think I read they can appeal up to 14 days after the hearing?

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:40 pm

I don't really like all this deduction stuff. Not fair on the fans. Was a really good game yesterday and I hope both QPR and us go up.

Although, if we finish third, deduct them 20 points lol

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:44 pm

TheMortgageAdvisor wrote:I don't really like all this deduction stuff. Not fair on the fans. Was a really good game yesterday and I hope both QPR and us go up.

Although, if we finish third, deduct them 20 points lol

What's the alternative though? A fine?

Sounds to me this is all down to the actinos of Paladini - regardless, he's an official of the club.

Simply fine them? Well, the owners have plenty of money. What punishment - and indeed deterent - would a fine be?

It would be akin to us, under Tan, breaking every rule in the book knowing Tan would put away say 30m to pay the fine.

Sad for the fans, sure, but as I said, what else can be done if the charges are proven?

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:46 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:If they are deducted enough points to put them out of the playoffs then they can't disrupt the playoffs. Or if they are relegated 2 divisions then changed to one on appeal. The FA have a bottom less pit of cash so it would be difficult for QPR to get any where. But if they are guilty then the level of punishment should match previous clubs. But then again they might of broken different laws which have set no precedent before it .

The FA in fact do not have a bottomly pit of cash, in fact thanks to Wembley they are all but bust. Boston United were deducted four points from their first season in the football league and not prevented from promotion from the conference for SIX counts of providing false information, we have ONE charge against us. Bristol City were fined £15,000 by the FA for using an unlicensed agent in the Enoch Shiwomni transfer. Swindon were demoted for 36 counts of false accounting, or in short giving 36 unauthorised payments (bungs), to players and agents. Precedents have been set.

Now with regards to saying that what QPR would do would stink, well imagine if this was Cardiff City, do you think that the Malaysians would just role over and accept the punishment? Not in a million years. With regards to Briatore he fought his ban at the Sport of Arbitration in Paris and WON. Hence there wa no further debate on whether he would fail the FL ft and proper test. But one thing I do agree with is that whatever happens I prey to god it is the end of Gianni Paladini. The bloke is nothing more than a total clown and embarrasses my football club.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:58 pm

DWQPR wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:If they are deducted enough points to put them out of the playoffs then they can't disrupt the playoffs. Or if they are relegated 2 divisions then changed to one on appeal. The FA have a bottom less pit of cash so it would be difficult for QPR to get any where. But if they are guilty then the level of punishment should match previous clubs. But then again they might of broken different laws which have set no precedent before it .

The FA in fact do not have a bottomly pit of cash, in fact thanks to Wembley they are all but bust. Boston United were deducted four points from their first season in the football league and not prevented from promotion from the conference for SIX counts of providing false information, we have ONE charge against us. Bristol City were fined £15,000 by the FA for using an unlicensed agent in the Enoch Shiwomni transfer. Swindon were demoted for 36 counts of false accounting, or in short giving 36 unauthorised payments (bungs), to players and agents. Precedents have been set.

Now with regards to saying that what QPR would do would stink, well imagine if this was Cardiff City, do you think that the Malaysians would just role over and accept the punishment? Not in a million years. With regards to Briatore he fought his ban at the Sport of Arbitration in Paris and WON. Hence there wa no further debate on whether he would fail the FL ft and proper test. But one thing I do agree with is that whatever happens I prey to god it is the end of Gianni Paladini. The bloke is nothing more than a total clown and embarrasses my football club.

[color=#FF0000]I never said it stinks Chief. Yes you deserve to go up yesterday was the best match i have seen at this level and it was contested by the best two teams in this division. But we are not as consistant as yourselves and if Norwich or Reading finish above us then that applies to them as well. I dont know the full expent of your misamenders Chief but i can see this getting very messy and whatever happens they the FA would have FIFAs backing for whatever punishment they see fit.
But i do wonder how leniant the English FA would be if we finish 2nd and the Jacks 3rd [Image/color]